bozlet is offline Banned

carb / fat question

so i read somewhere that is important to seperate ur carbs / fat in meals ( not sure why this is .. can anyone explain ) and yet i still always see in peoples diets carbs / fats together so wtf..?

Gucks is offline Member
    http://avidityfitness.net/2008/09/24...nds-after-all/

^article condoning carbs/fat mix. and below an article that condems it

http://www.projectswole.com/diet/nut...arbs-with-fat/

tbh, i think its nit picking seperating carbs/fats. for a normal guy looking to cut i cant find any evidence that it makes a substantial difference. sorry if i cant give u a difinative answer, maybe a more experienced member can.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Try and separate carbs and fats wherever possible, within reason. Why? Because carbs (glucose) is your body's preferred energy source, and your body will use it whenever it's present. Your body will not make efficient (if any) use of the fat you're eating along with carbs because it doesn't need to, increasing chances of it being stored as new bodyfat. Take note of the absolute worst foods you can eat - they're all high in both carbs and fats...

bozlet is offline Banned
    so u posted 1 article saying carb / fat is a myth ? and 1 saying its not a myth? lol now im really confused

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rossapplecart View Post
    Try and separate carbs and fats wherever possible, within reason. Why? Because carbs (glucose) is your body's preferred energy source, and your body will use it whenever it's present. Your body will not make efficient (if any) use of the fat you're eating along with carbs because it doesn't need to, increasing chances of it being stored as new bodyfat. Take note of the absolute worst foods you can eat - they're all high in both carbs and fats...
    makes perfect sense. well put ross

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^ ^ this is what I preach.

little p is offline Junior Member
    so thats why they say dont eat fat ie nuts after a workout with your post workout nutrition like brown rice and chicken... so the fat from the nuts will be stored as fat

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    ^^ x3.

Quote Originally Posted by little p View Post
    so thats why they say dont eat fat ie nuts after a workout with your post workout nutrition like brown rice and chicken... so the fat from the nuts will be stored as fat
    Not only that, but fats slow absorption of nutrients - in the case of PWO, you want protein and carbs in your system ASAP after an intense workout as your muscles are crying to be replenished.

This is also why I usually recommend a "complete" meal pre-workout, provided calories don't need to be too heavily restricted. I think it's best to eat no sooner than 45 minutes before a workout because you don't want to feel like you've just eaten a big meal during an intense session. Of course, we still want nutrients absorbing the whole time for optimal results and that may be hard for those of us who spend a couple hours in the gym. Based on that, I think getting a nice meal of red meat, complex carbs, and some fat to slow absorption about 60 minutes prior to the gym is the ultimate pre-workout cocktail. Of course, more important is finding what fits our lifestyle/schedule but it's food for thought.

^ ^ I couldn't agree more. I wish that I could do a better pre-workout meal, but eating at 4:30am with a 5:30am workout is no easy feat when it comes to the meal. Hell, I can't even do all whole foods- i'm getting 30g of protein from my shake, the rest from eggs/whites.

Well, I agree that your pre-workout nutrition may end up lacking in that situation but there's at least some benefit in it. You're getting a full day of quality nutrition in PWO and beyond. Lately, I've been going to bed on just my PWO pro/fat shake followed by a big meal of steak/veggies/nuts. I'm doing everything in my power but I'd be much more comfortable with my old schedule.

bozlet is offline Banned
    so it is a myth or not a myth? lol

bozlet is offline Banned
    so it is a myth or not a myth? lol

You should separate them for optimal efficiency. Not a myth.

bozlet is offline Banned
    so u should have all carb/protein meals in morning / day / b4 workout and 1 after workout?.. then rest fat/protein meals at nite time. somethin like that?

Thread Information