theneckasaurus is offline New Member

Some help with a bulking diet.

Hey guys, I just started a dbol cycle and would like to get some input on my bulking diet.
    Breakfast: 1 piece of wheat toast, 2 full eggs and one egg white, scrambled.
    Mid morning: Whey protien, handful of almonds of fiber one (half cupish)
    Lunch 6-8 oz chicken or beef, 1 cup brown rice.
    Mid afternoon/post workout: Whey protien, 1/2 cup fiber one or some yogurt.
    Dinner: Good sized salad, 6-8oz's of chicken or beef.
    Its pretty basic ive been told.
    Stats are 20 yrs old, 225lbs 20% BF, 5'6.
    Please let me know if im doing something wrong or something that can help benefit me.
    Im looking to get some good muscle gains.
    Thanks guys

frank784 is offline Junior Member
    Can you post up some pics? I would think at 5'6 225 20% bf you are looking pretty thick as it is. What are your goals?

I am thick for sure, I am new to steroids so forgive me if I say or ask something completely stupid, I just want to make sure Im doing it right. I was told I needed to pretty much be on a bulking diet for my dbol to do anything, whether thats true or not is for someone who knows a thing or two to say. What do you mean by goals?

Goals meaning what are you shooting for when your cycle is all done.....gain 20lbs, drop your body fat, etc. I would make a post in the General section if you need advice on your cycle since this is your first. You will get a lot of grief since you are 20, but I am not here to judge anyone.

As far as your diet you should post in the following format so others can chime in and help get the diet on point:

Meal one:

8 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, etc
    List Carbs/Protein/Fats

Also list your timing of your meals and the timing of your workouts.

You will need to figure our your TDEE (cals you need not to gain/lose any weight) and go from there. You will need this as you will need to figure out how many calories you need to be taking in a day. At 20% bf you should definitely do a lean bulk and not try to gain any additional bf%. I would also add in some morning cardio to drop the fat as well.

Best of luck.

Ive been lifting solidly for about 4 years.

Ya from what ive seen anyone under 24 gets alot of grief, but I really dont care what anyone thinks. Well definitely losing bf is on top but gaining good solid muscle is up there as well. Gaining weight isnt my goal, gaining muscle is. Shredding alot of my fat off is up there as well.

Meal one: 8:30am

1 egg white, 2 whole eggs, 1 pc wheat toast

Meal two:10:30am

1 scoop whey protien, 1/2 cup fiber one or almonds

Meal three:12:30

6-8oz's of chicken or beef, 1 cup brown rice.

Meal four: 3:30

1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup fiber one or almonds of yogurt.

Meal five:5:30

6-8 oz's beef or chicken, 1 cup salad.

TDEE:2603
    BF:20%
    Height:5'6
    Weight:225
    W/O monday-friday time varies from 2 pm-5 pm.
    Last edited by theneckasaurus; 03-15-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: left something out

You should also post your macros for each meal.....meaning Carbs/Protein/Fats for each then a grand total at the end.

I don't know the exact numbers until you post, but I can tell you that your diet is in need of some work. After you post the macros we can get a better idea of what is needed to change.

For example Meal 1 is roughly:

12C/14P/8F = 176 cals

This is a very important meal as your body has been deprived of food for 8 hours when you slept.

I would changed it to something like:

6 egg white, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal.

You need a solid amount of protein in every meal and 14 for your first meal is about 1/3 of what you should be having.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    im surprised no one else has come on here to flame you. i wont flame b/c i am 21yrs old. all i will say is that i think ur making a mistake using dbol . are you bulking for 4-5 weeks only? would be easier to tweak ur diet if u posted pics...but ur diet sucks if you want to bulk. heres what i did last off season:

meal 1: 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1.5 cup oats, 1 piece fruit

meal 2: 10oz chicken, 2 cups brown rice, 2 cups chopped broccoli, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    meal 3: same
    meal 4: same
    meal 5: same
    post workout: 70g waxy maize, 40g whey isolate, 10g glutamine, 5g creatine
    meal 6: 8oz sirloin, 10oz baked potatoe, bag of lettuce
    meal 7: 10oz talapia, 2 cups broccoli, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    meal 8 (2am): 50g whey isolate

whats your training routine look like

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I was going to chime in but there were so many things wrong I didnt know where to start. 21 & AAS, D-Bol only cycle, 20% bodyfat and wanting to bulk, no basic comprehension of nutrition yet wants to go the drug route. Judging by the stats it wouldnt surprise me at all if the bf% was closer to 30% than 20% either. Sorry this has epic fail written all over it.

What do you think I should do?
    Last edited by theneckasaurus; 03-15-2011 at 09:13 PM.

You aren't going to get very far insulting members on here....especially someone like fireguy who is a nutrition guru. He as well as other members see people jumping to steroids too quick and setting themselves up for failure. You will get a lot further reading about proper nutrition, making your diet and testing it, having a good clean workout set up, and bringing your body fat to an acceptable level before starting a cycle.

If you haven't started your cycle yet, I wouldn't start now. I would get your diet dialed in first, drop your body fat to the lower teen range, and see how your body looks then. You are already at 225 and 5'6 so odds are you will want to cut first instead of bulk and no need for the dbol at all.

Thanks man, do you think I should not take it? Its only the 6th day ive been on my cycle and this diet. What would you recommend?
    Monday:
    Arms: Biceps: Curls, hammer curls, cable curls, all of these are 3 sets of 10, then to finish it off I do a pressure curl thing where I put low weight and do 3 sets of as many as I can.
    Triceps: tricep extension, rope overhead extension, dips, and skull crushers.
    Tuesday: Chest: Bench press, 2 different leverage machines, flys.
    Wednesday:Legs: Squats/ leg press, leg extension, leg curls, and a few calf exercises.
    Thursday: Shoulders: Shoulder blasters, military press, and shoulder machine.
    Back: Pull ups, lat pulldown, and underhand cable pulldowns.
    Friday: anything that feels right
    cardio is stairmaster for 30 mins monday wednesdays and friday

Im just trying to improve my body, i dont want any trouble or start anything on here. If you guys want to help me I will take all input, if you are just gonna screw around then please move on.

I apologize, I dont want to start anything I just want to get into some good shape. Ok so you think I shouldnt take dbol and just get a healthy diet?

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    we know youre not on here to start trouble, all the vets think younger guys get on here to talk sh1t and are big headed (though this IS true in most cases) heres what you need to do:

start a clean diet: change carb sources and lower them, eat clean protein sources, and keep your fats moderate

training: CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO, you need to start doing 30min DAILY, trust me you WONT lose muscle, only fat if u keep ur heart rate 130-140bpm, do it first thing in morning after waking up

supplements: stay away from the dbol or any anobolic/androgenic or even pro-hormones, youll be wasting your money. i bet you have bunk dbol right now anyways lol stick to whey protein isolate, glutamine, and basic anti oxidants and EFA's

Here's what I would do:

1. Make a post in the general section here that you are six days on and ask what is needed to come off properly. I would definitely hold off on starting a cycle. Not sure what if anything you had lined up for PCT. To be honest I am not that good about cycles, but other members in there are. Be honest about everything and they will point you in the right direction.

2. Get your body fat tested. Not sure what your gym offers in terms of trainers/qualified ppl to test your body fat. If nothing is available make a post on here under Member's Pictures and take some front, side, back, and leg shots and see what others see in terms of what you are sitting at.

3. Make a diet based off your TDEE and body fat. If you are sitting at 20% body fat you will want to cut instead of bulk. I know that you are trying to put on more muscle, but you will be suprised. The leaner you are the bigger/more athletic you look. At 225lb 20%....if you get down to lets say 12-14% you will weigh around 207-212 ish, but look a lot better.

4. Read about some workouts in the Workout section on here. The Friday thing of doing whatever feels right is going to get you in trouble. Read about some solid workouts and make one for yourself. If you need help make a post and ask some others their thoughts.

I would also never start a cycle as young as you are. You have so much potential to grow at your age that steroids will do nothing but negative things.

There is a ton of great information on here so do a lot of reading. You will learn a lot.

Best of luck.

Im embarassed, I spoke to the guy who gave me the so called "bulking" diet and he now tells me "what? No i said it was a cutting diet" haha no wonder it sucked. Ya im getting off the dbol , what about pre workout and throughout workout stuff? I drink a scoop of N.O synthasize throughout my workout. Thanks alot man you've been nothing but generous.

Ya ive talked to some guys that I workout with and have come to the decision to definitely come off dbol and stick with what vishus was saying, protiens, glutamines, efa's etc. It was a stupid decision on my part to jump right in with a steroid like that and Im embarassed. I will do alot of reading man I cant thank you enough. Happy lifting!

Glad to see that you are headed in the right direction. There are so many guys on here that jump head first into a cycle, gain some muscle, don't follow a proper PCT and then weeks later they are back to where they started....and the cycle goes on and on.

As for pre work out there are a few good ones out there. Under the Supplement Forum on here there are a lot of opinions. I personally am on Jak3d now, but am at the highest recommended dose and think I have built up a tolerance to it. I used NO Explode before and liked it so thinking about going back and just upping the serving size a bit.

As for the rest, I would personally always have on hand:

Multivitamin
    Omega 3 Flax Seed Oil
    Omega 3 Fish Oil
    Glutamine
    Creatine (Watch this if cutting)
    BCAA
    Glutamine

All taken at the proper times and amounts will help you reach your goals and a lot safer than AS.

Thread Information