MuttonChop is offline Associate Member

Cool Meeting my girl after 2 months...blur between cutting and bulking

Hello guys, I have been bulking for the past 2 months. It has also been 2 months since I saw my gf and she is coming back in a week.

Right now, I am feeling fat and bloated, and I dont feel good about getting back together with her in this shape. Mind you, I have put on some good muscle, but def some fat too.

I was thinking of doing a muscle preserving cut cycle for this week. With 800 cal less than BMR. Also, reducing water intake and salt intake.

Would this put a serious dent in my progress? The way I see it, I gotta cut anyway. What do you guys think?

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Typically you go no more then 500 cals over or below to bulk or cut...no more, no less. You go above, you start gaining fat. Too low, your body become catabolic. Adding muscle/losing fat is a slow steady process. Sure, you will drastically and rapidly lose fat but at thr expense of losing muscle too. Be patient and if you dont think you girl will not appreciate hou due to high bodyfat, either you need a new girlfriend or have a distorted belief system. Do disrespect intended, do whats right and do it right. Good luck!

MuttonChop is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the reply mate. Alright, lets forget about the actual calorie number. Let us say that I am doing it at your recommended 500 calories a day. My actual question, and sorry if this was not obvious from my last post, is this: would cutting for a week significantly kill my progress. I understand that I obviously will be in a catabolic state, time that could have been spent in an anabolic state and building muscle. But, I have to cut at some point in the future anyway, right?

Also, the whole gf deal. I really dont think in my right mind that I will lose any significant amounts of fat in this week (my original 800x7 = 1.6 lbs). The reason I wanted to 'cut' was so that I could get rid of bloat from water retention (I use keto for cutting btw...no carbs).

To make it even more simple without the background story and all: would a zig zag between bulking and cutting work? If so, what time frame for each would be ideal?
    Last edited by MuttonChop; 03-17-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Thread Information