Juarez7514 is offline New Member

Need help losing weight

I started working out again. I took 4 years off and gained 35 lbs and have 30% bf. I am 5.9. 29 years old. I want to lose weight and fat but get cut also. What kind of diet should I do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

n00bs is offline Member
    Lean protein every meal..

Fruit with breakfast

Salad veggies with rest of meals.. Avoid starch.

2 cheat meals a week..

Add shake on training day..

Insert kb complexes and hit

Profit

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    go the gym every day and do cardio, if you can do it in the morning at empty stomach for 45 min, then later on the day again another 45 min or more.

AllDay is offline Junior Member
    Dude giver hiit cardio a try. It is great for me. Do it 4 times a week on the treadmill. Will keep your metabolism elevated for 24 hours AFTER you are done. It is hard work though. This also burns less muscle than steady state cardio in my book

Thanks jumper and allday. Currently I do card for 30 mins-elliptical and weights for 45 mins.
    I don't know how many calories, protein, carve and fat I should be taking in. Can you help me put with that. Thanks

Daboss is offline New Member
    Juarez I just started my cutting diet myself and spent many hours researching what to intake and when to intake it. The people here are invaluable, but you need to be careful what advice you take to heart. Look for their post level and how long they have been in the forums, you dont want bad advice. There are many in the diet forums that are willing to help but only if you are putting in the initial effort and research, they are not just going to give you all the answers, that being said take a look at this video set they have here in the forums, it is very helpful to get you started on your meal plan. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...rn-how-to-Diet

From what I have been told so far and we are about the same with the goals and the BF% they will tell you to get your LBM down first and lose weight before worrying about getting cut. If you do a quick search there is so much information about what to take in.

Check out my post I have some great guys that have helped me get a plan together and you can get an idea of what to do there. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...-forum-members!

I think that should get you started, like I said we are pretty similar in goals and BF% Good luck Bro!
    Last edited by Daboss; 03-07-2011 at 12:00 AM.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    ^^ Do NOT click on the links!

Daboss is offline New Member
    Sorry was I not supposed to post links? or should I make them completely visable Fireguy? They are link to the "So you want to learn how to diet" thread that is stickied here and the other is to my post where Gbrice and a few others are helping me out.

I made the links visable, Sorry didn't know I shouldn't post links like that, my bad!
    Last edited by Daboss; 03-07-2011 at 12:01 AM.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    No worries, the way you have it set up now is fine. Understand we have a bit of a spam problem. After I reviewed some of your previous posts I figured these were probably legit.

In 2 weeks I am down 3.5 lbs. I am doing 35-40 cardio and 20 mins weights 5 days a week. Should I up the cardio? Also what is your take on muscle milk light. I have been drinking those after each workout. How many calories should each meal total. Any help would do. Thanks

In 2 weeks I am down 3.5 lbs. I am doing 35-40 cardio and 20 mins weights 5 days a week. Should I up the cardio? Also what is your take on muscle milk light. I have been drinking those after each workout. How many calories should each meal total. Any help would do. Thanks

Any help

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Congrats on the loss so far. 20 minutes of weights sounds pretty short; I can't imagine you're getting much done in that time. What is your workout regimen? Up the cardio if you don't feel you're seeing results. If the 3.5lbs lost was fat, i'd say you're doing pretty good. Shoot for 45 mins of cardio if you can.

Muscle Milk isn't considered a quality protein supplement. Optimum Nutrition Whey, Dymatize Elite, Isopure, etc are all decent. Beverly makes a very good quality protein but it's pricey.

How many calories you should consume at each meal depends on your total daily caloric intake. What is it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Congrats on the loss so far. 20 minutes of weights sounds pretty short; I can't imagine you're getting much done in that time. What is your workout regimen? Up the cardio if you don't feel you're seeing results. If the 3.5lbs lost was fat, i'd say you're doing pretty good. Shoot for 45 mins of cardio if you can.

Muscle Milk isn't considered a quality protein supplement. Optimum Nutrition Whey, Dymatize Elite, Isopure, etc are all decent. Beverly makes a very good quality protein but it's pricey.

How many calories you should consume at each meal depends on your total daily caloric intake. What is it?

Thanks for the help gbrice.
    Currently I am intaking 1800 cal a day. Is that ok for losing weight.
    I do back Thursday , chest Friday , shoulders Saturday , Sunday arms. I do cardio Thurs fri sat sun mon. 30 mins. I will up it to 45

sofiazara is offline New Member
    For all that want the answer to the question "What's the fastest way to lose weight?" let me ask you a question first. What ever happened to hard work, discipline, work ethic, and eating right? Did I miss something or did I fall asleep one day and then woke up with a million ways to lose weight fast within 24 hours? I mean come on. Sure there are some pills that could probably help you to lose weight, but if you're popping weight loss pills like Tic Tacs after you supersize you're Value meals, pills won't seem to be that affective. Plus you don't want to risk your health for the sake of rapid weight loss. Fast weight loss should happening as naturally as possible and I'm sure that all pills have to have some type of side effect. I've never heard of pills saying on their disclaimer "no side effect whatsoever." It's just not worth it. All because you want to lose weight fast? While Losing weight quickly can have it's personal benefits, natural ways to melt fat and lose weight quickly are better long term.newmarket criminal lawyer

Thread Information