DeeJay2388 is offline New Member

Whats a Good Diet for Fat Loss?

I'm just getting into this whole thing and was curious if someone could give me a good start up for a good diet just for body fat loss. It will be much appreciated! I'm 6'1 190lbs if that helps.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Stay away from processed (premade) foods, drink lots of water, eat 6-8 meals a day, keep carbs (especially simple carbs) at a minumum, do not eat carbs/fat together in one meal, find your caloric maintenence value and eat below that.

Learn and research as much as you can and dont stop. This is the absolute best website for your goal and has an enormous amount of knowledge that is the key to unlocking fat loss!

Stay focused!

cool man i appreciate it, now you say 6-8 meals a day.... what kind of meals? I've been looking and seems like.. groundbeef/steak...eggs...tuna..chicken and such are good things to eat.. and what is the caloric maintenence value? I really wanna get into this and make this my lifestyle for living, but i have a lot to learn. I need all the help I can get. Like I'm not fat person at all, i just got more body fat than id like to have. More tips i can get, the marrier thnx all

Alot to learn bro. Too much for me to just explain in a few posts. I came here like you. I began reading all posts that caught my attention...especially the stickies at the top of the diet section. It all becomes a lifestyle from here on out, a complete change from your former ways and habits. Even though it can be pretty tough at times, the end result is ALL WORTH IT!

Golden rule for the ideal meals wether you losing fat or gaining muscle: combine a quality meat proetein with a complex carbohydrate...never waver from that! Also, eat healthy fats such as olive, flax, and fish oil.

Your maintenence caloric value is the amount of calories you body requires to maintain or hold your current weight. When adding muscle, eat no more the 500 calories above and no less then 500 calories when cutting. Its also called a TDEE, there are threads around (use the search feature) to help you determine this. This tool is your bestest friend ever.

Yea I get what your saying... could you give some examples of quality meat protein and complex carbohydrates? And also how do I figure out what my caloric value is?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay2388 View Post
    Yea I get what your saying... could you give some examples of quality meat protein and complex carbohydrates? And also how do I figure out what my caloric value is?
    To name a few-

Protein: chicken, turkey, beef, whey, cottage cheese

Carbs: potatoes, yams, rice (white/brown), oatmeal

As far as the TDEE calculator goes, just google it. There are literally hundreds. I cant do everything for you! What is your bf% and age?

I'm 22, i have no idea what my bf% is lol.. im gonna assume not real good

alright i did my TDEE and apparently it is 2065

I'm 22, i have no idea what my bf% is lol.. im gonna assume not real good
    Post up some revealing (but not too revealing!) body shots. We (members) can get pretty close to estimating bf%. without knowing this, its hard to obtain your TDEE. This calculation should be as accurate as possible because knowing this number and basing your entire diet off of it makes the world of difference. So get some pics posted asap so that we can help.
    Last edited by yungone501; 03-16-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Cant speel!

ok gimmie a minute

alright there it is.. so what we thinkin? ima take a wild guess and say in the 20s

alright there it is.. so what we thinkin? ima take a wild guess and say in the 20s
    Kind of tough to tell, picture quality is poor. Judging by your size/shape and waist, id say high teens for sure. 17-20%. you have a slim build but have some weight on you midsection. Slim build typically mean high metabolism and tough to gain muscle BUT easy fat loss (all generally speaking). First, before attempting to go TDEE defecit, clean up your diet. At first, eat your TDEE. Assess your weight, measurements prior to starting and give it 1 month and then re-assess. If you can lean out with just your maintenence, stick with it. If progression slows, gradually reduce calorie consumption until you see results. Be patient and observant. Listen to your body. It will tell you (with a keen eye and receptive mind) what to do. Make sure you recalculate your TDEE with a bf% of 19% and factor that into the equation. If it tells you 2k calories, thats where you start. Understand everything so far?

Repost
    Last edited by yungone501; 03-17-2011 at 07:09 AM.

I'm 22... and yea im starting to understand.. i came here tonight know one thing and that was i wanted to lose body fat... i've learned a lot in just a few hours i really appreciate it... food wise right now.. i got tuna, steak, strawberries, fish oil, and oatmeal... so im gonna try and just eat stuff like that, definitely gonna be going to the store to get some other things... thanks again man.. if you got anything else for me thats great

oh and also... is it better to eat a whole egg, or just the egg whites? or do you eat a whole egg in the morning, and then egg whites later in the day

Well, im out of here for the night. Wish i could help some more but wife is complainIng, lol! Keep talking to people around here and ask questions! See you around bro, good luck bro. Glad i could help. Water that seed!

thanks man i really appreciate it.. ill def be comin back here often.... anyone else that has some advice for me would be greatly appreciated

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    read the stickies at the top of the diet section. they do a great job of explaining things. do your homework

sofiazara is offline New Member
    It can often be overwhelming to choose the right diet for fat loss - that is the right one for you - because of the variety of fad diets you are being bombarded with each and every day. Some of these diets stress low fat where others believe low calories as the way to follow. As well, other so called "diet experts" maintain that in order to lose your unwanted weight you have to remove all types of carbohydrates from your diet.One of these diets for fat loss, mixes components from two other popular diets proclaiming to result in an optimal fat melting weight loss method. Don't forget about the many other diets that have spread throughout the world for many years now with countless weight loss success stories like the cabbage soup diet and the cider vinegar diet. The most important question to ask yourself is which diets for fat loss actually produce results and which fat loss diet is the best fit for you? Most importantly you must take into consideration whether or not you will discover exactly how to eat nutritiously and healthy as a result of the diet plan. Sadly, many of the varied diets for fat loss that claim amazing results do so without balanced and nutritiously sound concepts.newmarket criminal lawyer

Thread Information