1moreREPP is offline New Member

Thumbs up Critique My Diet Please

I'm going to be starting my first ever cycle at the beginning of may. It is a basic Test E for 12 weeks followed by nolva/clomid. I'm currently on palumbos cut diet to prime myself up before cycle where I should be around 10-11%bf when I start. Anyway the diet is as follows.

MEAL # 1 PRO CARB FAT CAL

5 whole eggs 33 2.5 27 390
    2 cup oats 12 56 8 332

MEAL # 2

10oz Chicken Breast 60 3 3 300
    8oz Sweet Potato 5 52 2 225

MEAL # 3

8oz Lean Meat 59 0 26 490
    1 Cup Brown Rice 5 46 1.6 218

MEAL # 4

MEAL # 5

8oz Salmon 49 0 26 466

MEAL # 6 (THIS MEAL WILL FOLLOW DIRECTLY AFTER MY WORKOUTS)

Protein Shake 53 10 5 300
    Banana 1 29 0 110
    1 Scoop Natty PB 5 3 8 100
    -------------------------------------
    352pro 303carb 114fat 3674cals

With meal #3 I may swap the rice out with a salad somedays. Also My meal #1 may vary (not too much) but some morning I may make an omlette and include some peppers rather then hard boiling.

As for cheat meals. I will allow myself to have one every other week.

Thanks in advance

edit sorry the post didn't come out as I wanted and the break down is so close together.
    Last edited by 1moreREPP; 04-02-2011 at 01:33 PM.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    palumbos cutting diet? this looks like his mass diet, he was the guy who made the keto diet famous, you shouldnt be havign any carbs. just pro/fats onloy

I'm on his cutting diet now. I was talking about my diet while on cycle which will be in another month.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I assume the diet you posted is your bulk diet, and not the palumbo keto diet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1moreREPP View Post
    I'm going to be starting my first ever cycle at the beginning of may. It is a basic Test E for 12 weeks followed by nolva/clomid. I'm currently on palumbos cut diet to prime myself up before cycle where I should be around 10-11%bf when I start. Anyway the diet is as follows.

MEAL # 1 PRO CARB FAT CAL

5 whole eggs 33 2.5 27 390
    2 cup oats 12 56 8 332

That's 35 grams of fat in one sitting. Way too much. I would drop 3 whole eggs and replace them with 5-6 egg whites to keep protein the same. Otherwise a good meal.

MEAL # 2

MEAL # 3

8oz Lean Meat 59 0 26 490

MEAL # 4

MEAL # 5

8oz Salmon 49 0 26 466

I would keep this either a pro/carb OR pro/fat meal; not both. I know you're bulking, but it's best to keep carbs and fats separate as much as possible. When insulin levels are spiked, dietary fat is more likely to be stored as adipose tissue. Again, not a huge deal since you're bulking, but be careful. If you notice too much fat gain, this would be the first thing I'd change.

MEAL # 6 (THIS MEAL WILL FOLLOW DIRECTLY AFTER MY WORKOUTS)

Protein Shake 53 10 5 300
    Banana 1 29 0 110
    1 Scoop Natty PB 5 3 8 100

The PB is going to do nothing but slow protien absorption, which you don't want immediately following a workout; you want to soak up as many nutrients as fast as possible in this state. Also, the banana is mostly fructose, which is basically sugar, not to mention, bananas are relatively high on the GI scale. You'd be much better off replacing it with a complex carb. You could just add some oats to your shake for convenience sake.

If possible, I would add one more meal in before bed. Your post workout meal is going to be absorbed rapidly, and you'll have nothing to hold you over through the night. Try to add a pro/fat meal right before bed. I would stick your salmon here.

-------------------------------------
    352pro 303carb 114fat 3674cals

You didn't mention your stats so I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say protein and carbs around. 2 grams of protein per pound of lbm is plenty. Anything more, you're just emptying your wallet for no good reason. Judging by your profile pic, I don't see 175 pounds of lean on you; I could be wrong. Either way, I'd still switch them around.

With meal #3 I may swap the rice out with a salad somedays. Also My meal #1 may vary (not too much) but some morning I may make an omlette and include some peppers rather then hard boiling.

The salad is not a good alternative for the rice. You're basically replacing a complex carb full of nutrients with water, sugar, and fiber. If you want to keep the salad in your diet, throw it in with the salmon for your last meal. Be sure to use dark greens; iceberg lettuce is, like I said above, just water and sugar. Some green veggies for fiber wouldn't hurt in a couple meals either.

As for cheat meals. I will allow myself to have one every other week.

Thanks in advance

edit sorry the post didn't come out as I wanted and the break down is so close together.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Forgot to highlight meal 5 critique.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    What are your current stats, and what is your goal?

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moreREPP View Post
    I'm on his cutting diet now. I was talking about my diet while on cycle which will be in another month.
    i see. good luck with diet

longislandDSM is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I assume the diet you posted is your bulk diet, and not the palumbo keto diet.
    thanks im going to try working on the diet a bit more then and report back.

current stats: 5'10" 210lb 12%bf

And as for my post workout meal. I workout around 11am and I just meant id be having the shake after the gym. Not as my actual last meal of the day. I set my meal numbers alittel bit poorly. like I said I'll go back over it and try and fix it. The fish will most likely be my before bed meal.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    What are your current stats, and what is your goal?
    Body stats are above

Lifting stats current:
    Bench: 150lb dumbbells for 5, BB is ~365 bc I do not work with it too much. My goal is to do more barbell work and push over 400 pounds
    Squat: 475lb ATG and hoping it will go well into 500 pounds after 12 weeks on
    Deadlift: 585lb using only chalk (no belt,wraps,etc). I hope to push that to mid 600.

Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    i see. good luck with diet
    thanks alot
    Last edited by 1moreREPP; 04-02-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Thread Information