Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardio?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Great post FG. Now that i'm on a regimen that has me doing what I'd consider a ton of cardio, this topic and/or debate is of great interest to me. My goal is 10% (lower would be great but a bonus) by June 1st. I'm currently sitting at 13-14%. My current routine looks like:

AM fasted: 20 minutes on the stepmill - 10 minute 'fat burner' program @ a level of 10, followed by 10 mins of another program (forgot the name atm) at a level of 10. I then move over to the elliptical and do 40 mins straight - starting at a 10/1 (incline/resistance), and bumping up every 2 mins until i'm at 20/10, then back down again - a perfect 40 mins of steady state cardio but with increasing (then decreasing) intensity. That's 5x a week.

Then 3x a week I am doing cardio after my evening workout - 15 mins of intervals on the stepmill (2 mins on 6, 1 minute on 15, repeat) then 15 mins of steady state on the elliptical.

Would love to hear opinions, good or bad, on this routine.

PS - I think the OP's question has been addressed several ways, so i'm not considering this a hijack. If it is, i'm sorry (again)!!

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    GB (post-ho/hi-jacker), you know my opinion, run a mass cycle with no-cardio!

bufftiger is offline Associate Member
    No bro your not hijacking anything. I'm actually at the same bf% as you and the same goal as you. Right now I'm just confused on what to do. I really wanna try carb cycling but I really don't know. I mean would I do 2 low carb days and 1 high or 3 low and one high. I searched the forum and read articles but I'm still confused. Like I calculated my TDEE to be around 3563 cals. So how many cals would I take in on high carb days and low carb days? I was also reading alot from a few big guys on the forum and they are more in to doing longer cardio more steady cardio sessions verses 20-30 min of high intensity? Whats your thoughts on both of those Nark?

Thanks Guys

post some pics.

Already did and fireguy said I was around 13-14% BF

well then, that's settled??!!?!?!?

Yea I was asking how to carb cycle. Read the post again

SuperLift is offline Senior Member
    I like to hop on the stair climber for 20-30 mins pwo for my cardio. Either that or the treadmill. On the treadmill ill definitely go for 30 minutes though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information