SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~

Whey for losing weight? Really?

I am confused.

I have read online how whey is not good for weight loss. I want to make sure I am not listening to a mindset here who wants to pack on mass.

I made my first mistake by adding mass with a test/hgh combo which is every Body Builders dream to have that combo. So I want to make sure that I am REALLY HEARD on this forum and not headed down the path of looking bigger.

Whenever I go into GNC or similar store, everywhere I look is WHEY. WHEY WHEY WHEY and guess what? that is where every beginning body builder goes to purchase a HUGE CONTAINER thinking he will end up looking like Arnold.

Most of you want to look like a Body Builder. I do not. I want to get smaller not larger.

So I want to make sure whey is a good choice for someone who is not a BB but an everyday person who wants to shed some major pounds.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    You know how much weight I lost and Whey was a very convient way to get enough protien to build and maintain lean body mass while cutting fat thus raising metablisim.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Slimmer to be honest most of the info on whey is hype. Its not gonna put pounds of muscle on you. Its just protein. A high quality protein but protein nonetheless. If you want to split hairs get a blend that includes soy. It minimizes the insulin response whey alone creates. Zoneperfect makes a protwein powder that is a whey / soy blend.
    As i said - its splitting hairs....whey is just protein , its no magic anabolic powder by any means. I honestly woudnt worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRenegade View Post
    You know how much weight I lost and Whey was a very convient way to get enough protien to build and maintain lean body mass while cutting fat thus raising metablisim.
    I know you lost weight..but are you bigger too? how about your clothes? are they tighter or loser after you lost the weight? curious.....whenever I see build or mass I get concerned around here....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Slimmer to be honest most of the info on whey is hype. Its not gonna put pounds of muscle on you. Its just protein. A high quality protein but protein nonetheless. If you want to split hairs get a blend that includes soy. It minimizes the insulin response whey alone creates. Zoneperfect makes a protwein powder that is a whey / soy blend.
    As i said - its splitting hairs....whey is just protein , its no magic anabolic powder by any means. I honestly woudnt worry about it.
    thanks jimmy....as long as I am not going to start looking like most of the guys here want to look like!
    I will look into the Zoneperfect as well...

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Agree with Jimmy. Whey is protein and that's it. Furthermore, putting on muscle is all about cals in vs. cals out. If you're in a calorie deficit created by eating less or cardio, or both, you will shed the fat and, hopefully, maintain the current lbm you have; you're definitely not going to put ON any muscle, even if every single one of your meals consisted of whey (like I said, as long as you're in a deficit).

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You already have my opinion on this...

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    I know you lost weight..but are you bigger too? how about your clothes? are they tighter or loser after you lost the weight? curious.....whenever I see build or mass I get concerned around here....
    Smaller clothes for sure. size 40 pants down to size 36 XXL shirt down to XL

Don't think you will put on much size but building some nice muscel will give you nice curves and help you burn fat.

Thread Information