churchill5151 is offline Junior Member

Carb Backloading

I did a couple of searches and didn't find anything on here regarding Kiefer and his carb backloading procedure. Basically, you eat nothing but proteins and fats(and a little bit of carbs) up until your training session and then it's an all out assault on the carb world. A no holds barred allowance to go nuts on carbs after training, any kind of carb, and supposedly it melts bodyfat and allows you to build muscle simultaneously.

Not sure about if I'm allowed to put a website address up here but I'm sure if you search his name, you'll find his site. He's got a masters in physics and he explains this out quite well. I'm wondering if anyone has given it a try on this board. Brian Carroll and Jason Pegg, two Elitefts sponsored athletes, currently follow his diet advice and they're lifting some heavy stuff.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Sounds like the principles behind the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet

All out carbs seems counter productive just giving your body what it needs and not over filling which will slow down fat shedding is where it's at

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    I worked with Kiefer personally for about 7 weeks and had great results.

Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post
    Sounds like the principles behind the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet

All out carbs seems counter productive just giving your body what it needs and not over filling which will slow down fat shedding is where it's at
    My understanding of it is that due to the state your body is in after you train, the carbs taken in are more effective towards the end of gaining muscle and less effective at being converted into fat. Insulin sensitivity is also a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwkw View Post
    I worked with Kiefer personally for about 7 weeks and had great results.
    Were you bulking? Dieting? For competition? What were your results?

I was preparing for a meet. Gained a little bit of weight. He helped me through cutting water for weigh ins as well.

I also got A LOT stronger

I was preparing for a meet. Gained a little bit of weight. He helped me through cutting water for weigh ins as well.

I also got A LOT stronger
    What weight class did you compete in? What were your lifts man?

148 lifts were 335 squat, 200 bench, 375 deadlift all raw. I'm still a novice, but I am getting stronger.

148 lifts were 335 squat, 200 bench, 375 deadlift all raw. I'm still a novice, but I am getting stronger.
    Are you natural? I'm considering competing in a non-tested event some time soon. It's kinda hard to get ahold of Keifer, are his prices reasonable?

I am natural, Kiefer is a very busy man. I am trying to get him to do my diet for the next competition, but he's really busy and may not have the time. I've been in contact with him, and he has expressed that he is willing to do more personal diet design, he just doesn't have the time for it right now.

He is expensive, but in my opinion very worth it.

I am natural, Kiefer is a very busy man. I am trying to get him to do my diet for the next competition, but he's really busy and may not have the time. I've been in contact with him, and he has expressed that he is willing to do more personal diet design, he just doesn't have the time for it right now.

He is expensive, but in my opinion very worth it.
    I used to be natural and it's a personal choice, but I wish I didn't wait so long to start aas

Thread Information