Athlete127 is offline Member

College Receiver Diet (Everything I have learned put in!)

Weight-181
    Height-6'0
    BF%?? 9-10?

Trying to get to 190 with lean muscle, keep my speed and abs along with it. Critque all the way

Meal 1 7:00 AM Breakfast

6 eggs, 1 scoop of whey, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana

Meal 2 10:00 Snack

1 can of tuna in water, 2 slieces of 100% whole wheat bread

Meal 3 12:30 Lunch

50-60g complex carbs (usually have to go with 2-3 pieces of whole wheat bread)
    40g lean protein. Whatever I can find in the caff. Turkey breast, or tuna or hamburger. Plus a salad and apple

2:30 Workout

4:00 PWO Meal 4
    2 scoops of whey, 1 banana, 3 glutamine

Meal 5 6:30 Dinner

40g protein (also what I can find in the caff, hamburger, or turkey breast)
    1 piece of whole wheat bread
    Salad

8:30 Workout

9:45 PWO Meal 6

2 scoops of whey
    3 glutamine

Right before bed 11:00 Meal 7ish?

1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
    1 tbsp of natty PB

nav13 is offline Junior Member
    you need to include the macros along with your food so it is easier to find out what you have in your diet.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by nav13 View Post
    you need to include the macros along with your food so it is easier to find out what you have in your diet.
    Agreed! You've been here long enough now to know how things work!

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlete127 View Post
    Weight-181
    Height-6'0
    BF%?? 9-10?

Trying to get to 190 with lean muscle, keep my speed and abs along with it. Critque all the way

6 eggs, 1 scoop of whey, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana ditch banana, its full of sugar. no need for whey AND eggs! add 2 whole eggs to those 6 whites.

40g lean protein. Whatever I can find in the caff. Turkey breast, or tuna or hamburger. Plus a salad and apple

1 piece of whole wheat bread u eat alot of bread, i know your a student and u dont have access to proper food all the time but try and get rice and paste in instead of all the bread!
    Salad

2 scoops of whey
    3 glutamine

1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese not quite enough protein. its about 15g off the top of my head plus 6g from PB. aim 4 30g
    1 tbsp of natty PB
    this is much btr then b4, and you need 2 put macros in like they said. i think it will be ok if u change a few things though! good luck

It's hard to find ANY complex carbs here, isn't bread a complex carb?
    Anyways, here's the macros

3 eggs, 1 scoop of whey, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana (I may have to find a solution here, I believe the caff eggs are not real, may have to go with 2 scoops of protein instead of the eggs) Also, I was told to do the banana?

Calories:777 Fat:19.74 Carbs:98.72 Protein: 53.55

Calories:210 Fat:2.5g Carbs:22g Protein:26g

Here, like I said, it's hard to do marcros. I definitly get ATLEAST 20g's of complex cards from bread, and I eat enough turkey breast or chicken if they have it to get my 40g of protein. Plus the salad and apple.

Calories:345 Fat:2g Carbs:35g Protein:49g

Salad

Here, same thing as lunch, I push my carbs down to only 1 piece of bread, and also turkey breast (cold cut) or a chicken if they have it. Plus a salad as well with veggies

2 scoops of whey
    3 glutamine

Calories:240 Fat:2g Carbs:8g Protein:48G

1 tbsp of natty PB

Calories:175 Fat: 8.5g Carbs:13g Protein:17.5g's
    Last edited by Athlete127; 02-22-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Gucks is offline Member
    It's hard to find ANY complex carbs here, isn't bread a complex carb?
    Anyways, here's the macros bread is complex carbs, the problem is im guessing ur college isnt going to buy quality stuff, it will be full of salt and its wheat which is to hihg on the gi sclae compared to pasta or rice. u can do rice in the microwave like me. its dirst cheap, like €1 a kg.

3 eggs, 1 scoop of whey, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana (I may have to find a solution here, I believe the caff eggs are not real, may have to go with 2 scoops of protein instead of the eggs) Also, I was told to do the banana?

bananas are full of sugar (about 15g medium size), and they prob use egg powder. its btr then nothing though, just dont add any salt to it! its a good breakfast though.
    Calories:777 Fat:19.74 Carbs:98.72 Protein: 53.55

Calories:210 Fat:2.5g Carbs:22g Protein:26g like the tuna, same problem with the bread. macros look good.

Here, like I said, it's hard to do marcros. I definitly get ATLEAST 20g's of complex cards from bread, and I eat enough turkey breast or chicken if they have it to get my 40g of protein. Plus the salad and apple.

u need much more carbs then this! about 60g. they dont even have potatoes in the caf?

Calories:345 Fat:2g Carbs:35g Protein:49g

Salad

Here, same thing as lunch, I push my carbs down to only 1 piece of bread, and also turkey breast (cold cut) or a chicken if they have it. Plus a salad as well with veggies

same problem as lunch, u really need 2 get creative for some proper carbs. 60g carbs again needed.

2 scoops of whey need some form of carbs in there. even some fruit.
    3 glutamine

Calories:240 Fat:2g Carbs:8g Protein:48G

1 tbsp of natty PB

Calories:175 Fat: 8.5g Carbs:13g Protein:17.5g's
    i guess ill do ur totals for u then :P TOTAL:cals. 2227 est. fat. 55g est. pro:280g carb:240g

not enough calroies, fat or carbs, protein is fine. u still need work on this! i would say 3500k calories for someone who trains as much as you and who is looking 2 gain some muscle. u need at least 80g fat and i'd guess 400g carbs!

ur gonna tell me u dont wanan loose ur 6-pack with all those carbs, but u need that much if u train for football and train in gym on top of that. if u put on a few pound sof fat, its alot easier 2 loose fat thengain muscle!

I agree. Can you ajust what I showed you to what I should be doing (using what I have available). And , they rarely have potatos... if they do, its a regular baked potato. Sometimes they have a paste, or something along those lines. Bread is the most consistancy I can see. 2nd PWO I need some oats also your saying? & as for the bread, which bread should I buy then? Because I can eat that on my first snack.
    Last edited by Athlete127; 02-22-2011 at 05:24 PM.

& also along with my questions above. Wednesday & Friday we do 5:30 AM- 6:30- or 7 am running and agility and I was wondering what I should have before those? I still planned on eating my normal breakfast after, just what before the runs.

Gucks is offline Member
    I agree. Can you ajust what I showed you to what I should be doing (using what I have available). And , they rarely have potatos... if they do, its a regular baked potato. Sometimes they have a paste, or something along those lines. Bread is the most consistancy I can see. 2nd PWO I need some oats also your saying? & as for the bread, which bread should I buy then? Because I can eat that on my first snack.
    i would say dont rely on bread more then once a day for your carbs. its fine once. do u have a microwave and a kettle? what i do is put 150g raw weight rice into a microwave bowl, boiling water in untill its about an inch above the level of the rice and cook for 8-10mins in microwave. dead simple and pretty quick.

Gucks is offline Member
    & also along with my questions above. Wednesday & Friday we do 5:30 AM- 6:30- or 7 am running and agility and I was wondering what I should have before those? I still planned on eating my normal breakfast after, just what before the runs.
    for the PWO u need some carbs, some people use ground oats in their shake. my trainer tells me 2 use fruit (bananas, oranges, apples etc). for pre workout for cardio, u want to keep it simple.u have bcaa's, take them with some OJ and some fruit. dont over do it before cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    for the PWO u need some carbs, some people use ground oats in their shake. my trainer tells me 2 use fruit (bananas, oranges, apples etc). for pre workout for cardio, u want to keep it simple.u have bcaa's, take them with some OJ and some fruit. dont over do it before cardio.
    I just saw Terraj suggestion you get a new trainer in the pork thread...

Based on the bold above, I am going to whole-heartedly agree. Fruit is about the worst choice PWO as fructose mainly restores liver glycogen and does very little with regards to muscle glycogen.

The caff didn't have whole wheat bread today, so I had a couple half plates of pasta with no sauce... Not sure if it was whole wheat or what, but I doubt it. Would that be ok for me?

Also your saying a banana with my post work out shake isn't good?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Banana PWO is not as good a choice as a non-fructose carb. Remember, fruit is converted in the liver and isn't readily available for refueling muscle glycogen. I think a banana + 1/2 cup oats mixed in is good. Or it's PWO, you can get away with more, a couple pieces of bread or soemthing is fine.

You mind in my meals putting oats in all my workouts... I have quick oats and I'm going to start doing those instead of bread, even if it means taking them to the caff.

You mind in my meals putting oats in all my workouts... I have quick oats and I'm going to start doing those instead of bread, even if it means taking them to the caff.
    No problem with oats for every carb meal IMO. I love oats and could do this too if I wanted...

Agreed with GB 100%

I thought u said you couldn't stomach the oats bro. Assuming you can eat them, you should have them at every meal instead of your current carbs. Even if you weren't on a campus, I'd still like to see you eating oats 2-3 times a day - so they should really be your staple. I dunno how anyone doesn't like them. I eat a huge meal that includes at least 1 cup of oats every morning and I never get tired of them. Stevia, berries, cinnamon, maybe some protein powder mixed in if you have one that tastes nice. Not too far removed from oatmeal cookie batter if you do it right.

I've actually been mixing them with sweet & low and they aren't bad at all. I may grind them up in the mornings on the go, not sure yet.

So I should do the oats like this
    1 cup with my breakfast
    1/2 cup at snack with my tuna
    1 cup at lunch
    1/2 cup post workout
    1/2 cup dinner?
    1/2 cup 2nd post workout

Seems like alot of oats. Can I sub any of those for whole wheat bread? Perhaps the lunch and dinner, so I dont have to take oats to the caff.
    Last edited by Athlete127; 02-23-2011 at 09:48 PM.

That looks good. You can sub them with ww bread for the sake of convenience but in general, know that oats are far superior to a processed carb

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I just saw Terraj suggestion you get a new trainer in the pork thread...

Based on the bold above, I am going to whole-heartedly agree. Fruit is about the worst choice PWO as fructose mainly restores liver glycogen and does very little with regards to muscle glycogen.
    i know fructose restores liver glycogen before muscle, his arguement was dextrose/maltodextrin gives u to much of an insulin spike. ive never been clear on the sugar PWO thing...whts ur final word on it GB?

Gucks is offline Member
    I've actually been mixing them with sweet & low and they aren't bad at all. I may grind them up in the mornings on the go, not sure yet.

So I should do the oats like this
    1 cup with my breakfast
    1/2 cup at snack with my tuna
    1 cup at lunch
    1/2 cup post workout
    1/2 cup dinner?
    1/2 cup 2nd post workout

Seems like alot of oats. Can I sub any of those for whole wheat bread? Perhaps the lunch and dinner, so I dont have to take oats to the caff.
    that is a serious amount of oats...i like them, but i would get bored after that much :P ye, agree with damien. using bread for carbs once or twice a day wont hurt you. its much btr then what u did b4!

Decided to get on dbol ... Doing 4 weeks of 50mg a day spread out 2x throughtout day of dbol then 4 weeks of winny 50mg 1 time a day. Should I keep my diet I ended up with from above? I am trying to get my body ready for the NFL (receiver) gaining lean muscle and speed, but I wanna take my abs to a freak level, as I am going to be doing a photoshoot for an agency I model for.

Thread Information