Definitionofdriven is offline New Member

can anyone give me straight awnsers

Hello, my name is Ryan and I have some questions about nutriton. First off my current diet sucks, and I would be willing to admit that I'm used to eating processed and ready made food due to their convience. I know this just will not work in the bodybuilding world so I have some information I found that I would like to submit to you and am open to any suggestions. I literally need to revamp my whole diet so I am starting from scratch Ill be going to buy grocerys in a few days please make some suggestions. Sometimes my ability to get a good meal are limited due to work so I eat a lot of granola bars ect which isnt so good. Here is some information I found but as with everything else I try to research there is no clear cut awnser, I've gone through trial and error numerous times to no avail. Here is what I came up with: Acording to 2 different sites my RMR:3227kcal RMR:1646.55 Harris Benedict formula:1646.55 x 1.6 =2634.48 Harris Benedict formula:2658 Here are some macro's running a 35/45/20 split Carbs/Protein/Fats @ 2658 calories per day (maintenance level) CARBOHYDRATE PROTEIN FAT GRAMS PER DAY 232g 299g 59g GRAMS PER MEAL 38.7g 49.8g 9.8g CALORIES PER DAY 930 cals 1196 cals 532 cals CALORIES PER MEAL 155 cals 199.3 cals 88.7 cals Macro's 35/45/20 @ 2127 calories per day (Weight loss level) CARBOHYDRATE PROTEIN FAT GRAMS PER DAY 186g 239g 47g GRAMS PER MEAL 31g 39.8g 7.8g CALORIES PER DAY 745 cals 957 cals 425 cals CALORIES PER MEAL 124.2 cals 159.5 cals 70.8 cals Macro's @ 40/40/20 2658 calories CARBOHYDRATE PROTEIN FAT GRAMS PER DAY 265g 265g 59g GRAMS PER MEAL 44.2g 44.2g 9.8g CALORIES PER DAY 1063 cals 1063 cals 532 cals CALORIES PER MEAL 177.2 cals 177.2 cals 88.7 cals Macro's 40/40/20 @ 2127 calories CARBOHYDRATE PROTEIN FAT GRAMS PER DAY 212g 212g 47g GRAMS PER MEAL 35.3g 35.3g 7.8g CALORIES PER DAY 851 cals 851 cals 425 cals CALORIES PER MEAL 141.8 cals 141.8 cals 70.8 cals Which of these macros above if any would be good for a cutting/toning phase. If any make your own suggestions if you like. Age:22 years Height:6'0" Weight:175 Moderate excercise 5 days a week 1. What is a good meal to eat when you first wake up? 2. What is a good pre-workout meal 3.What should a good post-workout meal comprise of 4. If my RMR is 1646 should i drop calories below that to lose weight or below my BMR? 5. When counting calories do you incorporate the ones from supplements ex. a pre workout supplement has 40 cals do you count that toward your daily consumption? 6. Can anyone make a list of good food for cutting/toning. If I would go to the grocery store what should I buy? Please include brand names if possible. 7. Good meal before bed (other than caesin) 8. Should you eat no carbs after a certain time? 9. Explain complex/ simple carbs and when they are best used. 10. Any other usefull information or insight about nutrition for gaining/preserving muscle & losing weight. Off subject 1. When is the best time to do cardio? Ie. before after resistance training? 2. Experiences/suggestions with HIIT training, good articles on it? Thanks in advance for all your help, if you have any questions regarding what im asking please dont hesitate to ask. __________________ It's easy to brag about your accomplishments, but can you step forward and admit your failures

PK-V is offline Productive Member

1. What is a good meal to eat when you first wake up?

for weight loss im assuming?

2. What is a good pre-workout meal

complex carbs to keep energy levels consistent, also some protein would be a good idea
    a pre workout supplement would be slotted in here if needed

3.What should a good post-workout meal comprise of

protein (shake)

come carbs but not much is needed for glycogen restoration

4. If my RMR is 1646 should i drop calories below that to lose weight or below my BMR?

how accurate is that, I have no idea? I would worry more about eating quality food than running off a number or calorie amount
    I use calorie counting when trying to bulk over dieting

5. When counting calories do you incorporate the ones from supplements ex. a pre workout supplement has 40 cals do you count that toward your daily consumption?

yes total calories if you were counting

6. Can anyone make a list of good food for cutting/toning. If I would go to the grocery store what should I buy? Please include brand names if possible.

whole grain bread

7. Good meal before bed (other than caesin)

low in carbs, high in protein moderate fats

8. Should you eat no carbs after a certain time?

unless your going on a no carb/ low carb diet

9. Explain complex/ simple carbs and when they are best used.

goggle! that ********

lol serious though complex harder to breakdown longer energy

simple carbs aka sugar = short burst of energy (insulin spike)

10. Any other usefull information or insight about nutrition for gaining/preserving muscle & losing weight.

to much to put in one post

Off subject 1. When is the best time to do cardio? Ie. before after resistance training? 2. Experiences/suggestions with HIIT training, good articles on it? Thanks in advance for all your help, if you have any questions regarding what im asking please dont hesitate to ask. __________________ It's easy to brag about your accomplishments, but can you step forward and admit your failures

generally after lifting but if you work at a high enough intensity during resistance training and keep the diet in check it should do justice

hitt - high intensity/steady state are generally better than liss (depends)

sorry bro this is a half asses effort

I hope some of the other guys can help you out

if you can take anything away from the post then it's a win

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    okay, good information is age/ht/wt, I don't see bodyfat % or your personal goal, nor do I see your workout routine. If you post pics we can help you more than you writing another novella. What is your ideal body look? Are there any sports or sports like goals we should be designing our recommendations around?

strong_web is offline Associate Member
    Well man, I had a quick read over this, and I am in the same boat, But I have came across some WILL POWER, This is what you need....

Anyways, I have lost good pounds so far in little time, and kept lots of my size, You are 6'0 and 175lb...? if so that isn't much fat and have you touch any weights yet? or have you been sitting on that chair?

1st off I will let you have some of my diet, notsure if its good to this forum but its working great for me, and I understand you when you say its hard to get a good meal at work or before work.

So first off morning before work:
    Egg white and 1 full egg with some lean beef(try to find what you can handle till next meal

1st break at work:
    Yougurt(low fat) with 10 raw almonds, and a 1/2cup fruit

2nd break:
    Protein shake

3rd (lunch):
    Chicken breast with a salad and some oil kind of dressing

Then I am at home, pump weights!

Dinner:
    Chicken or tuna tin, with veggies

Last of the day:
    Cottage cheese(low in fat)
    or
    egg white

Sometime if I get hunry I put a few scoop of cottage cheese in the belly.

Thats what I am doing and I am seeing crazy result in little time..

Oh yeah and for keeping your body from losing alot of muscle take fish oil tabs!

Definitionofdriven is offline New Member
    First off props guys I appreciate the info, I posted the same questions on another site and got a bunch of bs answers like "do what you want to it will work" ? Haha okay sorry about that post I wrote it in a hurry off my phone @ work. But here's some stats I'm 23 years old 6'0" tall I weigh 175lbs and bf% is right around 15-16% I've had fluctuations in the past my initial start into weight lifting I weighed 225lbs at about 22-23% bf then I dropped to 160 about 10-11% bf but due to stress and poor eating while trying to bulk I gained a lot of weight back. When I did my initial big drop I didn't do it in a very healthy manner I was only eating 1200 cals a day so granted I was losing fat I was also losing lean muscle. I would consider myself to be more of an e domorph than anything else. Currently I'm lifting monday, wed,fri, and sat I'm doing about 12 exercises per lifting day 4 sets at 30reps a piece. Monday and Friday are the same exercises Friday is just reverse of monday. Wed is all legs day and sat is chest back and abs. Asto answer your other question I have to come up with a new lifting regiment preferably by the 18th I try to switch every 12 weeks so exercise regiments are great if you have any suggestions. My overall goal is to lose bf especially around the lower stomach and chest. I know you can't spot tone that would be nice haha. So basically the insight I'm looking for from you folks who know what your talking about is basically the numbered questions as stated above. Like 1. If I go to the grocery store what should I be buying (please be brand specific if you can) 2. Good pre workout meal? 3.good post work out meal? 4. Can someone come up with a good set of macrosfor me the ones I tried seem high for cutting but it might just be me. 5. In desperate need of a new exercise regiment for cutting. Also I failed to mention above I'm doing 30mins of cardio 2x a day every day at 4mph. Any nutrition/workout suggestions logs, plans ect would be greatly appreciated thanks again guys you've been very helpful thus far.

Well man if you were to follow mine, it isn't to hard for shopping and it was about 80 -100 Canadian money. Brand, whatever? Notsure if that is what you want, It seem really low and you got really know carb and fat, I didn't add it up, I just tryed it and seen for my self what it was going to do.

And like I said I didn't do cardio, I do work hard WERE I am on my feet and walking lots and doing hard larbour, so I think that took my cardio for now.

But man, alot of guy aren't going to give you a lay-out, cause they got lives of there own, and I found that out for myself, they alway told me to read along and see what you find and post and someone will give you help.That is what I did and I just did it and learn for myself.

By the sounds of your workouts you shouldn't have any problem of losing good weight and getting lean, just do the homework and it pays off.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    oats/eggs/chicken/fish/veggies

Thread Information