kazual is offline Junior Member
    Located in the mist that follows the storm

Job calls for alot of travel,,,diet help

Thd Job has me on the road quite a bit and I don't have the ability to eat my 6 real meals and supps as normal. What I need help with is the best pre mixed protein shake that can be drank warm and travel well. Its a tall order but I know you guys will give me the good advice. Oh, I'm currently on a QV cycle.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Prolab lean mass matrix and the new EAS myoplex deluxe are the best out there right now. I am talking going deep and looking at the ingrediants list and where the sources of protein and carbs come from. Both IMO are the only real MRP.

Pain

Thanks for the research, have you tried either? If so which taste better?

Haven't tried the myo yet as I don't feel like buying a box of them since I am cutting and trying to get all real foods in me. But I have bought a few boxes of the Prolab and the choc and van are very good the cinn oatmeal leaves a little to be desired. They mix very easy too.

Pain

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I use to travel constantly and can understand your 'pain' of trying to eat a proper diet while on the run.

A couple of things I use to do:
    1) I always kept a few protien bars in my briefcase. I try not to eat to many MRP's but eating one is better than not eating at all.
    2) Have protien powder, will travel. You can always pull into a rest area and buy a cold bottle of water to mix it with.
    3) If you travel overnight, look for hotels that will supply a fridge in the room. Run out to the local grocery store and pick up what you need. Chances are that your company will cover the expense because they actually save money this way. Eating out is much more expensive.

These are just a few things. I use to travle constantly and I would go as far as to bring a hand operated can opener (tuna), etc, etc....

D

Good post Diesel.

Pain

Tanksta is offline Junior Member
    I'm in the same boat. When my current position arose, I immediately told my boss "I will not compromise my lifestyle." When I do travel, I order the Ahi tuna, 8 oz filets, swordfish, etc. If my company calls me to travel, they are going to pay for it. Simple as that. I try to find a local Bally's on the road to work out, and if I do, I will purchase a couple of pure protein shakes or equivalant...on the company. Of course your situation might be different. The most difficult obstacle I run into is trying to find a decent Hotel gym.
    No matter what, I always pack a container of Nitro tech, couple Detour bars, and Metrx RTD's with me just in case.

Diesel thanks for the suggestion however my job involves a great deal of flying in which I do eat food that I buy at the airport before departure. The problem is once I arrive on site I work a minimum of 13 hours straight for 4 to 5 days.
    I work in a hospital environment, so sometimes it’s impossible to grab a quality meal. The job pays GREAT but it’s a struggle to eat quality food without overloading on MRP’s. I basically am looking for any and all suggestions on ways to maintain a high caloric intake while on cycle. Thanks again for the advice and if you what to picture a funny image, think about when I pack I carry enough protein powder to drink a shake in the morning, one when I get to the hotel and one before sleep., and if I have time to work out the add one before and one after training. It’s hilarious to explain why I have bottled water, shaker, and an unlabeled blue container with a powder substance in it.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by kazual
    Diesel thanks for the suggestion however my job involves a great deal of flying in which I do eat food that I buy at the airport before departure. The problem is once I arrive on site I work a minimum of 13 hours straight for 4 to 5 days.
    My environment was the same. Depending on which airports you go through, some have good dining possibilities while others have really shitty ones.
    At that point and time, the only thing you can do is the best you possibly can. However, when on a cycle, you are better off eating a McD's chicken sandwich rather than not eat at all.

D

Thanks for the advice, believe me I totally max out the expense account with food.....

Thread Information