Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Mon: Legs/Arms

warm-up: 2 minutes solid jumping rope
    Super Set these exercises - squats: 5 sets/21reps(10 reps with 135 for warm up then workout with 225#, hip below the knee on the bottom and four inches short of lock-out at the top) - Dips: 5 sets bodyweight/failure - Barbell curls: 5 sets/15 reps(first set with just the bar and add 2.5lbs to each side each set)

Super Set these exercises - Stiff Legged Dead Lifts: 5 sets/21 reps(135# don't let the weight touch at the bottom, exactly one inch from touching, keep your feet close together and legs locked, lower the weight controlled all the way down while pushing your butt as far back as possible to get a full stretch, it should almost bring your toes off the ground) - Toe Presses(calves): 5 sets/25 reps - Bench Dips: 5 sets bodyweight/failure - Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 5 sets/15 reps

Super Set these exercises - Lunges: 5 sets/90 reps(no weight, take a normal step then put your front foot out another 12 inches, keep your body perfectly centered and upright, lower straight down and barely touch the back knee, close your legs together at the same time, like a pair of scissors, this should keep you going straight up and down with there being no extra tension on either the front or back leg, perform 15 reps. Notice you are not walking just standing in place and performing this exercise. Switch legs and perform another 15 reps, switch back, repeat until you have done three rotations, so 15 reps with left foot in front/15 right foot in front/15 left/15 right/15 left/15 right = 45 rep each leg in front 90 reps total this is one set) - Dumbbell Skull Crushers: 5 sets/21 reps - Dumbbell Preacher Curls: 5 sets/15 reps

Wed: Back/Shoulders

Warm Up: 2 min jump rope

Dead Lifts: 10 sets/10 reps(225 lbs, last set to failure)

Super Set these exercises - Bent Rows: 6 sets/11 reps(alternate wide grip, 6 inches wider than shoulder width, and narrow grip, hands 12 inches apart) - Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs: 6 sets/25 reps(hold for one second at the top, full stretch at the bottom, weight straight up into your ears do not roll the shoulder)

Super Set these exercises - Pull Downs: 5 sets/15 reps - Upright Rows: 5 sets/25 reps(Keep the weight into your body, almost touching, the elbows flay out at the top and your hands gently touch your chin, squeeze at the top for an instant, lower the weight controlled, stop at the belly button, do not full extend the arms at the bottom, keep your knees bent, your body upright and shoulders back during the entire range of motion)

Super Set these exercises - Seated Row: 5 sets/21 reps(v-handle grip, bring into your belly button) - Lateral Raises: 5 sets/21 reps(slow and steady controlled up and down with a pause at the top) - Rear Raises: 5 sets/21 reps(bent over looking straight down with your knees bent and your torso parallel with the floor, the weights naturally resting in your hands as gravity would take them without resistance raise them out to your sides like wings with your arms locked at the elbow, point your pinkies up towards the sky and your hands should end up above and in front of your shoulders, meaning that if you were to turn your head and look directly to your right or left you would see the weight at eye level, pause at the top and let the weight return to the bottom resting position, from top to bottom should be a single arc range of motion, meaning you don't raise the weight then move them forward to get them eye level you move them smoothly from bottom centered between your chest to top/eye level/above and forward from the shoulder, you really don't need much weight here 5lbs dumbbells at the most if you are doing them correctly)

Fri: Chest/Arms

Warm Up: 2 mins jump rope

Super Set these exercises - Incline Bench Press: 5 sets/11 reps - ez bar curls: 5 sets/11 reps(wide grip)

Super Set these exercises - Flat Bench Press: 5 sets/11 reps - ez bar curls: 5 sets/11 reps(close grip)

Super Set these exercises - Decline Bench Press: 5 sets/11 reps - Standing Dumbbell Curls: 5 sets/11 reps

Super Set these exercises - Triceps push-downs: 3 sets/21 reps - Standing two handed Cable Curls: 3 sets 21 reps

This will work. Perform this for four weeks, start with the friday workout today and then four solid weeks after that and we'll look at what needs changed then.

nevergiveup is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Looks like they got you covered.....But man bump up that protein, 100 grams for you is NOTHING. Even 200 grams is nothing..You should at least be around 250-300 grams...More towards 300....Even if you are cutting
    Thanks calstate,

I am buying some Whey tonight for post workout, I drive all day for work so its hard to keep meat cold in my vehicle; is it ok to do myoplex or something a couple of times a day on top of protein shakes or do most poeple eat food for their protein needs? Thanks

Thanks TB,

I do appreciate it. I about anavar to get me a boost, it seems right up my ally for needs. What do you think. I am looking for something to keep me energized (I don't have much this past year) and I would like something to help with strength. It says anavar is used by a lot of athletes, and I am doing wrestling, striking, and BJJ at least four nights a week plus you weights.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Looks like they got you covered.....But man bump up that protein, 100 grams for you is NOTHING. Even 200 grams is nothing..You should at least be around 250-300 grams...More towards 300....Even if you are cutting
    Absolutely.... 100g for your bodyweight is a joke.

I think 200 is okay, but I've always been lower than most on this, 1g per lb of lbm, also with all of the recent posts about any macro being over-consumed affecting fat store loss, I'd think more people would be siding with me on this. You have to have protein to build muscle but could supplement with amino's if you found there was an issue there, IMO. You need to keep those calories in check to lean out and have the best advantage when you fight.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergiveup View Post
    Thanks calstate,

I am buying some Whey tonight for post workout, I drive all day for work so its hard to keep meat cold in my vehicle; is it ok to do myoplex or something a couple of times a day on top of protein shakes or do most poeple eat food for their protein needs? Thanks
    Its really best to limit the shakes......Definitely max 2 per day. Make sure you get a protein powder super low in fats, carbs and sugars (I'm talking 1-2 grams per scoop on fats, carbs, and sugars). There are a lot of shi*ty protein powders out there so make sure you read the label.

Its best to have solid foods...Best sources of lean meat is chicken (Not chicken in general, thighs are super high in fat, breast only), tuna, turkey, extra lean beef (top round), egg whites...There is quite a few but my protein sources usually always come from one of these.

Really try and focus on extra lean protein sources and secondly one of the biggest issue for losing weight is carb intake...I would try float around 200-250 grams carbs per day and see how that goes and adjust from there. Food timing is also a MAJOR factor in losing weight as well. Know what carbs to eat and when, that should be a very big focus for you as well...

The ONLY time you should be having carbs, especially for you who is looking to cut is in the morning, before a workout, and after a workout. After that the only carbs you should take in are fibrous carbs (Veggies).

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Mon: Legs/Arms

warm-up: 2 minutes solid jumping rope
    Super Set these exercises - squats: 5 sets/21reps(10 reps with 135 for warm up then workout with 225#, hip below the knee on the bottom and four inches short of lock-out at the top) - Dips: 5 sets bodyweight/failure - Barbell curls: 5 sets/15 reps(first set with just the bar and add 2.5lbs to each side each set)

Super Set these exercises - Stiff Legged Dead Lifts: 5 sets/21 reps(135# don't let the weight touch at the bottom, exactly one inch from touching, keep your feet close together and legs locked, lower the weight controlled all the way down while pushing your butt as far back as possible to get a full stretch, it should almost bring your toes off the ground) - Toe Presses(calves): 5 sets/25 reps - Bench Dips: 5 sets bodyweight/failure - Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 5 sets/15 reps

Super Set these exercises - Lunges: 5 sets/90 reps(no weight, take a normal step then put your front foot out another 12 inches, keep your body perfectly centered and upright, lower straight down and barely touch the back knee, close your legs together at the same time, like a pair of scissors, this should keep you going straight up and down with there being no extra tension on either the front or back leg, perform 15 reps. Notice you are not walking just standing in place and performing this exercise. Switch legs and perform another 15 reps, switch back, repeat until you have done three rotations, so 15 reps with left foot in front/15 right foot in front/15 left/15 right/15 left/15 right = 45 rep each leg in front 90 reps total this is one set) - Dumbbell Skull Crushers: 5 sets/21 reps - Dumbbell Preacher Curls: 5 sets/15 reps

Wed: Back/Shoulders

Warm Up: 2 min jump rope

Dead Lifts: 10 sets/10 reps(225 lbs, last set to failure)

Super Set these exercises - Bent Rows: 6 sets/11 reps(alternate wide grip, 6 inches wider than shoulder width, and narrow grip, hands 12 inches apart) - Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs: 6 sets/25 reps(hold for one second at the top, full stretch at the bottom, weight straight up into your ears do not roll the shoulder)

Super Set these exercises - Pull Downs: 5 sets/15 reps - Upright Rows: 5 sets/25 reps(Keep the weight into your body, almost touching, the elbows flay out at the top and your hands gently touch your chin, squeeze at the top for an instant, lower the weight controlled, stop at the belly button, do not full extend the arms at the bottom, keep your knees bent, your body upright and shoulders back during the entire range of motion)

Super Set these exercises - Seated Row: 5 sets/21 reps(v-handle grip, bring into your belly button) - Lateral Raises: 5 sets/21 reps(slow and steady controlled up and down with a pause at the top) - Rear Raises: 5 sets/21 reps(bent over looking straight down with your knees bent and your torso parallel with the floor, the weights naturally resting in your hands as gravity would take them without resistance raise them out to your sides like wings with your arms locked at the elbow, point your pinkies up towards the sky and your hands should end up above and in front of your shoulders, meaning that if you were to turn your head and look directly to your right or left you would see the weight at eye level, pause at the top and let the weight return to the bottom resting position, from top to bottom should be a single arc range of motion, meaning you don't raise the weight then move them forward to get them eye level you move them smoothly from bottom centered between your chest to top/eye level/above and forward from the shoulder, you really don't need much weight here 5lbs dumbbells at the most if you are doing them correctly)

Fri: Chest/Arms

Warm Up: 2 mins jump rope

Super Set these exercises - Incline Bench Press: 5 sets/11 reps - ez bar curls: 5 sets/11 reps(wide grip)

Super Set these exercises - Flat Bench Press: 5 sets/11 reps - ez bar curls: 5 sets/11 reps(close grip)

Super Set these exercises - Decline Bench Press: 5 sets/11 reps - Standing Dumbbell Curls: 5 sets/11 reps

Super Set these exercises - Triceps push-downs: 3 sets/21 reps - Standing two handed Cable Curls: 3 sets 21 reps

This will work. Perform this for four weeks, start with the friday workout today and then four solid weeks after that and we'll look at what needs changed then.
    I will be starting on Monday of this coming week. I am getting my diet foods sorted out this Sunday. I am confused if I should be using top ground beef in my cutting but if you guys suggest it I will certainly do.

No ground beef. If you have any beef at all it needs to be the leanest available, again I'd recommend bison, and as the last meal of the day. For energy I don't have any personal experience with anavar I'd recommend clen , it has always given me energy and I had an overweight buddy take clen and he said it's better than speed and he dropped a ton of weight, not from clen alone mind you but it did give him energy. I also think most guys here would allow that at your bodyfat percentage since we normally don't recommend taking any steroid until closer to 12% bf.

No ground beef. If you have any beef at all it needs to be the leanest available, again I'd recommend bison, and as the last meal of the day. For energy I don't have any personal experience with anavar I'd recommend clen, it has always given me energy and I had an overweight buddy take clen and he said it's better than speed and he dropped a ton of weight, not from clen alone mind you but it did give him energy. I also think most guys here would allow that at your bodyfat percentage since we normally don't recommend taking any steroid until closer to 12% bf.
    Sorry I didn't see this before I PM'd you. Thanks brother!

No ground beef. If you have any beef at all it needs to be the leanest available, again I'd recommend bison, and as the last meal of the day. For energy I don't have any personal experience with anavar I'd recommend clen, it has always given me energy and I had an overweight buddy take clen and he said it's better than speed and he dropped a ton of weight, not from clen alone mind you but it did give him energy. I also think most guys here would allow that at your bodyfat percentage since we normally don't recommend taking any steroid until closer to 12% bf.

Any idea on dose and weeks taking?

This was a suggested cycle from a site for 8 weeks

(T3 50 tabs 25mcg/tab)

(CLENBUTEROL 250 tabs 20mcg/tab)

(WINSTROL TABS 200 tabs 10mg)

== Week 1 start on day 1 , with only one Clenbuterol tablet and take 1 extra a day until your up to 5 ==

Drink PLENTY of water while on this cutting cycle !!!

the clen we had was 25 mcg tabs and started with on half a day for a few days then up to one a day I don't ever remember getting over three a day.

Is it normal to gain weight when you change your diet to six meals a day with basically what is listed on page one? I have gained five pounds so far.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    yes and no. are you weighing yourself at the same time everyday? do you feel stronger? could be that you are adding on muscle. whenever i start a lifting program, my weight goes up before it goes down. it could be water so do not beat yourself up over it.

I feel more energetic and harder or whatever lol. I feel good though.

Is it normal to gain weight when you change your diet to six meals a day with basically what is listed on page one? I have gained five pounds so far.
    Not typically, especially if one has a lot of excess weight to be dropped. Typically for someone who is overweight looking to lose weight they should see a dramatic weight loss within the first couple 2 weeks to a month when following a proper regimen. Not to say you are doing anything wrong, everyones body reacts differently. But if someone is overweight and does not see fatloss/weight loss within a couple weeks that should signal something is NOT right.

Sometimes its easy to assume you ate a certain amount of calories or had certain number macros....But are you POSITIVE you have stayed within your proper caloric intake and macros? Have you been doing cardio as well? How long have you been following this diet?
    Last edited by calstate23; 04-19-2011 at 09:29 PM.

People who don't exercise and begin exercise normally add weight(muscle) before losing weight(fat), but, just like Cal says, we generally substantially underestimate our caloric intake. Go to livestrong.com, go to myplate and record any and everything you put in your mouth and the time that you do it, also record your water intake (this could be part of your problem as well.

The water intake maybe off, I will work on drinking more. I wrestled last night (MMA takedown) first time with something like this, I was completely gassed after the class. The next day I could barely walk between the mornings squats and the apparent muscle use when wrestling. It feels good to chalenge myself again. I also believe I supprised some people because I am a strong fit fat guy lol.

So whats up man...You still dieting??? Dropping any lbs yet?

Tooeasy is offline New Member
    Props to calstate23 and tbody66 for the knowledgeable info.. Im in the similar situation as nevergiveup... I had to sign up to say thanks for the info!...

So whats up man...You still dieting??? Dropping any lbs yet?
    Yeah dude, what's up?

x3 for an update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooeasy View Post
    Props to calstate23 and tbody66 for the knowledgeable info.. Im in the similar situation as nevergiveup... I had to sign up to say thanks for the info!...
    No problem man....If you have any more questions hit us up

I am still dieting and I am up 5 lbs, I feel harder if it makes sense. I have been eating before my training sessions and I have more energy and I don't get gassed. I am eating 1/4 cup of steel cut oats and two scoups of casein protein before training. And then I will have two scoups of Whey after training.

I have casein protein and whey I am taking shakes four times a day. Its still a work in progress to bring meals with me as I spend 90% of the time in my vehicle for work ( I find underground leaks for plumbers). I am still trying to pull in weight training with my MMA training, I am finding that I need to let my body get used to both. I am doing four differn't kinds of training (wrestling, striking, weights, and cardio). I still think I exemplify the definition of a fit fat guy. I believe I have some great quality muscle under there lol. I am at 250 right now, I am not sure yet whats going on if my body is adjusting or what.

I am still learning about nutrition and when to eat and how much, Its all new to me but I am at the point where I won't give up. I am still trying to figure out what my goal weight should be and how much I should try and lose per week/month. I have loose fat which I am not sure if its good or bad compared to hard fat. I have never wanted to get rid of this more than I do now, its wrong for me to have this on and training like I do.

I did order some var and clen to help with the training intensity to boost me into this transformation.

My plan is to really go hard with the cardio and weights starting in may, I am basically letting my body get used to this new training I am doing. The hardest is the wrestling and BJJ, my muscles were are so sore after class I feel like I have torn every fiber I have.

I had to ice my arms and then jump into a very hot bath before I could stand the pain. The next day there was no soreness so I don't think I hurt anything, I just didn't know you could train so hard to the point of almost tearful pain in the muscles.

Another thing I learn is you don't have to be big to be extremely strong. There is a fighter at my school who was rolling with me and he is 165 and it feels like he is twice as strong as me. It makes me want to get down to 195. I am not sure I can get anywhere below that heathily.

Jonesyy is offline Junior Member
    Just read this and I won't try to give my views as people much more knowledgeable than me are helping you! Looks like you're in good hands.

As for your strength post, a guy my size I knew could lift twice what I could and before long he was a lot bigger than me too. I put it down to part genes part effort and part diet. I'd say 40% right diet, 25% genes and the remainder on the way he trained at the gym and the effort he put in. Not saying I don't try, but it is crazy how people the same mass/height as you can be so much stronger. Was jealous no doubt.

Keep at it, follow the advice and good luck!

Here is this mornings meal not sure if its enough calories, I am about to go train:

- Irish steel cut oats 1/4 cup sweetened with spenda: 150 cal/ 2.5g fat/ 27g carbs (no sugar)/ 4g protein

- Protein (casein) 2 scoups the amounts are added totals from both scoups: 220 cal/ 1.0g fat/ 8g carbs/ 48g protein

Totals: 370 cal/ 3.5g fat/ 35g carbs/ 52g protein

Let me know what you think, do I need more cals before training.

Thanks

If you're gonna do a pre-workout meal, i'd go with 50g carbs, so double the steel cut oats to 1/2 cup. Make sure the added carbs are adjusted down elsewhere in your diet so you're not over at the end of the day.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Absolutely. gotta eat more protein.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    If you're gonna do a pre-workout meal, i'd go with 50g carbs, so double the steel cut oats to 1/2 cup. Make sure the added carbs are adjusted down elsewhere in your diet so you're not over at the end of the day.
    Will give it a go, I am doing weights morning and MMA at night; do I need to load on carbs before both training sessions?

Got my lab work back today and I apparently have low test 230L and they treat anything under 300L. My doctor is sending me to a specialist to get treated, he said they will likely give me something called androgel . I think it explains my tiredness and lack of drive in the gym and out and other things maybe including my weight gain for the past 3 years.

Will give it a go, I am doing weights morning and MMA at night; do I need to load on carbs before both training sessions?
    No, not necessary before weight training

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information