usd610 is offline New Member

Pwo cardio and waxy maize

Ok so I do 45 min fasted cardio in the morning and im goin to start adding in 30 min pwo. My question is, when it comes to my pwo shake, which is waxy maize then protein 15 min later, should I drink the waxy right after cardio? I'm confused how I would time this.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I personally wouldn't do waxy maize right after cardio (i'd go with a slower digesting carb source) but if you want to stick with it, I don't see what choice you have. I'd take it WITH your protein - why the protein 15 mins later?

i have always been under the assumption thatbe waxy and protein should be split up by 15-30 min and dex or malto should be taken with.

Quote Originally Posted by usd610 View Post
    i have always been under the assumption thatbe waxy and protein should be split up by 15-30 min and dex or malto should be taken with.
    Do you know why?

Not the scientific reasoning, but it has just been what has been recommended on all the boards over the years that I have read. I had asked a couple years back over on TP where I buy it and thats what the mods recomended.

I'd be interested to hear the reasoning. Getting back on topic, what alternative do you have if you don't take your carbs immediately after your PWO cardio? You definitely don't want them PWO and before cardio.

Thread Information