B.I.G. O is offline New Member

PLEASE HELP!!! trying to accomplish my life long goal

I'm tryin to get a very cut, chizzled six pack and ive never been able to accomplish this. my diet is pretty basic, try to eat healthy foods throughout the day...
    1st: 6 scrambled or fried eggs (leave two yolks for some flavor), bowl of maple n brown sugar flavored quaker oatmeals.

2nd: lean lunchmeat sandwich with tiny bit of mayo, mustard, slice of havarti or provologne cheese, lettuce. and a whey protein shake (100% whey from cytosport)

workout:
    Post-workout: Post protein supplement (aftershock: tactical post-workout catalyst)

3rd meal: if i go to work another sandwich but only has ham and a slice of cheddar on wheat, and an odwalla chocolate soy and dairy protein shake.
    if no work: lean chicken breast or canned tuna (limit due to murcury) or canned chicken breast (i make an avacado/ tomato and chicken or tuna sandwich)

4th meal: lean meat and some vegatables or watever i can find around the house if i cant or dont want to cook.

i workout everyday, i might take one day off on the weekend.
    day 1: chest/core
    day 2: cardio (1:30 of stairmaster)
    day 3: back/tris
    day 4: legs/core (try to do cardio depends if i work or not)
    day 5: cardio or day off or if i dont feel sore i do day 6 for day 5 and do day offf or cardio on day 6
    day 6: shoulders/bi's/forearms
    day 7: cardio

now take into consideration that im only human, and not every week its this precise and i keep to the regime. but for the most part i try to stick to it solidly.

im 19
    weigh 178 lbs
    5'11
    last time i checked my BF was at 14-15% body fat but coulda went down to 12-13% idk id have to check tonight at the gym.

so yea if anyone can help me out id greatly appreciate your time!

wat am i doing wrong........

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    The diet is your biggest hurdle. To be honest it awful. Try reading some of the threads regarding cutting weight and make a diet that resembles the ones shown. You will have to adjust it to your specific needs but it will give you a good idea of what people are eating and how often. If you do a little homework and repost a diet with the proper macros, I think the pros will be able to help you reach your goals.

You will notice in your reading most people will eat oats instead of oatmeal, sweat potatoes instead of bread and no processed meat.
    Last edited by Nephets; 04-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    diet is terrible, workout doesn't look any better. Post pics, gym equipment isn't an accurate assessor of bf %.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Life long goal of getting a six pack? dude you are 19! Work on the diet.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Glad to see you came over here!

It might take a bit to get this down to a science. Hang in there.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. O View Post
    I'm tryin to get a very cut, chizzled six pack and ive never been able to accomplish this. my diet is pretty basic, try to eat healthy foods throughout the day...You are failing
    1st: 6 scrambled or fried eggs (leave two yolks for some flavor), bowl of maple n brown sugar flavored quaker oatmeals.You need to replace with regular oatmeal The bland kind that doesnt taste as good.

2nd: lean lunchmeat sandwich with tiny bit of mayo, mustard, slice of havarti or provologne cheese, lettuce. and a whey protein shake (100% whey from cytosport)Scratch this meal off the list.

workout:
    Post-workout: Post protein supplement (aftershock: tactical post-workout catalyst)

3rd meal: if i go to work another sandwich but only has ham and a slice of cheddar on wheat, and an odwalla chocolate soy and dairy protein shake.
    if no work: lean chicken breast or canned tuna (limit due to murcury) or canned chicken breast (i make an avacado/ tomato and chicken or tuna sandwich)Stick with the chicken breast and stop with the sandwiches.

4th meal: lean meat and some vegatables or watever i can find around the house if i cant or dont want to cook.So nothing is really planned?

i workout everyday, i might take one day off on the weekend.
    day 1: chest/core
    day 2: cardio (1:30 of stairmaster)
    day 3: back/tris
    day 4: legs/core (try to do cardio depends if i work or not)
    day 5: cardio or day off or if i dont feel sore i do day 6 for day 5 and do day offf or cardio on day 6
    day 6: shoulders/bi's/forearms
    day 7: cardio

now take into consideration that im only human, and not every week its this precise and i keep to the regime. but for the most part i try to stick to it solidly.
    This is your biggest problem of all. Everything is "try" "maybe" "for the most part"

im 19
    weigh 178 lbs
    5'11
    last time i checked my BF was at 14-15% body fat but coulda went down to 12-13% idk id have to check tonight at the gym.

so yea if anyone can help me out id greatly appreciate your time!

wat am i doing wrongNot enough effort, planning or dedication being made to get results.........
    My thoughts.

yea well my workout plan has been getting me bigger and stronger so i dont realize how its terrible? maybe my diet may be terrible but my workout plan is pretty solid.
    Last edited by B.I.G. O; 04-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.

my bad that was pretty much two of those pretty. didnt try to make it sound like im talkin about all of u.. imma start with that. and yes the science is extremely hard to get down. with your appreciated help i can learn soon. everyone learns from somwhere dont they?
    Last edited by B.I.G. O; 04-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.

i would edit your post above this one asap.....before you get in trouble.....and we can go from there.....

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    yea well my workout plan has been getting me bigger and stronger so i dont realize how its terrible? maybe my diet may be terrible but my workout plan is pretty solid. and instead of ****ing flaming me why dont you JUST FU**ING HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt ask for your negative ****in comments i asked for help from people who are willing to help me. wow you freakin assholes just officially pissed me off. if u dont wanna help me why dont you just get outta here? thank you. for those of u who actually said somethin smart and educated thank you
    You cant ask for comments and then say you dont want to hear anything negative. Yes, sometimes the criticism isnt given with a great deal of political correctness.

my bad that was pretty much two of those pretty. didnt try to make it sound like im talkin about all of u.. imma start with that. and yes the science is extremely hard to get down. with your appreciated help i can learn soon. instead of the rest of these boneheads giving me stupid remarks. everyone learns from somwhere dont they?
    Which remarks are you referring to as bonehead?

BIGO.....it takes patience and the willingness to hang in here. I started a thread just the other day and got all kinds of input that bugged me. But....I had to ask myself this: was my being bugged more important or was eating better more important?
    These guys take it very seriously. And they want to help. They do.

You will see. Take a breath and present a better eating program and keep tweaking until you find foods you will eat which work to your benefit. This is the key.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I'll assume that's frustration talking. I can assure you, the people here are only trying to help. Some are more direct than others. Keep the attitude in check and you will get the answers you are looking for.

yea well my workout plan has been getting me bigger and stronger so i dont realize how its terrible? maybe my diet may be terrible but my workout plan is pretty solid. and instead of ****ing flaming me why dont you JUST FU**ING HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt ask for your negative ****in comments i asked for help from people who are willing to help me. wow you freakin assholes just officially pissed me off. if u dont wanna help me why dont you just get outta here? thank you. for those of u who actually said somethin smart and educated thank you
    At nineteen years of age almost any workout plan will get you bigger and stronger, that doesn't make it a good program. If you had a dialed in program and dialed in diet you would accomplish four to ten times as much. Nobody here will do the work for you, but if you make the effort to begin the changes we will make the suggestions to get you there faster and safer along the way. At 5' 11" and 178 lbs you still have a ton of room to grow, and since almost everyone everywhere under-estimates their bodyfat you might even more to gain. Post your pics and your specific workout with exercises/sets/reps/poundages also how much training experience you have. Post a proposed diet with fireguys suggestions including your macros and we will help you.

slimmer me i just edited them and your right. i was cranky that whole day then the posts didnt really help. ill come back with a better eating plan or try to its just im kinda new to the whole precise dieting and wouldnt really know what i can make work for my diet plan (living at home have to make due with wats here). and ive been training since i was 15 tbody66 but really started hardcore training at age 17 (meaning no months out the gym. solid two years of consistantly going, taking 1 week off at most very few times).

why is lunchmeat or processed meat not good to eat? isnt it lean and high in protein????? and wat are macros? is the canned chicken breast and canned tuna bad too? why no sandwiches cuz the bread? i use wheat bread?
    Last edited by B.I.G. O; 04-18-2011 at 04:31 PM.

frank784 is offline Junior Member
    Macros are short for macronutriets. You will want to know exactly how many Carbs/Protein/Fats are going into your body and break those down into each meal. For example some meals will require carbs (If you are cutting, you should be having complex carbs in the morning, and pre/post workout) and some meals with just be a simple protein/fat meal etc.

I don't know much about canned chicken, but I would grab some chicken breasts and go from there instead. If you don't have a food scale buy one. You really need to know that you are having 6oz of chicken in a meal for example and without a scale you are just guessing. Tuna in a can is fine and actually a good choice. I would go with Tuna in water over oil. The reason you are kicking the bread is two fold. First you don't want to eat a sandwich before/after workout and for breakfast at all. Second it is a simple carb and with your diet you don't have much room for them.

Best of luck.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm not gonna get into the whole 'diet is terrible' thing... that's beating a dead horse and I think you already know it by now. Fireguy already gave you some solid advice; in the meantime, i'm posting one of my diets below just so you can get an idea of a cleaner more balanced approach. Our nutritional needs are going to be different, so I didn't necessarily post it for you to copy - but maybe you can get some good ideas from it.

GB's Current Diet:

PROTEIN/CARBS/FAT/TOTAL CALORIES

MEAL 1 - PRE-WORKOUT
    4:30am

Premier protein shake - 30/5/3/160
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    1 Extra Large Whole Egg - 7/0/5/90
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites - 12/2/0/60
    1/2 cup blueberries - 0/10/0/40

TOTALS: 60/70/12.5/620

5:30am - WORKOUT, followed by 1 hour cardio

MEAL 2 - POST WORKOUT
    7:30am

1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    2 scoops Myofusion - 50/10/6/315

TOTAL: 60/60/11/600

MEAL 3
    10:00am

6oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - 36/0/2.5/165
    7oz Sweet Potato - 3/35/0/150
    1 Cup Green Beans - 1/4/0/20

TOTALS: 40/40/2/350

MEAL 4
    1:00pm

4oz 95/5 Lean Ground Beef - 35/0/7/200
    1/2 cup (a little over) Brown Rice - 5/40/1/180
    1/4 cup tomato sauce - 0/3/0/12
    2 cups baby spinach - 2/2/0/15

TOTALS: 40/45/8/415

MEAL 5
    4:00pm

3/4 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 20/7.5/2.5/135
    1 scoop ON 100% Casein - 24/3/1/120
    2tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - 4/6/1/50

TOTALS: 50/15/4/300

MEAL 6
    7:00pm

6oz Broiled Tilapia - 35/0/3/165
    1 cup broccoli - 3/6/0/30
    1tsp EVOO - 0/0/5/45

TOTALS: 40/6/8/235

MEAL 7
    10:00pm

1 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 26/10/3/180

TOTALS: 26/10/3/180 (could add more fats here but happy with totals as is)

DAILY TOTALS: 315/250/50/2700

46% protein, 37% carbs, 17% fat

slimmer me i just edited them and your right. i was cranky that whole day then the posts didnt really help. ill come back with a better eating plan or try to its just im kinda new to the whole precise dieting and wouldnt really know what i can make work for my diet plan (living at home have to make due with wats here). and ive been training since i was 15 tbody66 but really started hardcore training at age 17 (meaning no months out the gym. solid two years of consistantly going, taking 1 week off at most very few times).
    Thanks! Looking forward to your plan. It is a learning process.

your body should have a good base if you have been lifting for that amount of time. If you post the routine you currently perform and how long you've been on it I'll make some suggestions.

Thread Information