Complete novice is offline Associate Member

Weight loss Slowing

Hello all,

I am currently in my second month of trying to lose some unwanted fat, i`d say i`m around 16-18% BF at the moment, I train 4 times a week (split routine) and do a mixture of different types of cardio 4 times a week.

My stats,

Age 32
    height 5,11
    weight 220lb

My diet is the following,

8am : Granery Bread 1 slice - reflex instant whey 1 scoop - 400ml skimmed milk
    cals - 481, carbs 55, fat 11, pro 41.

11am : Extra lean minced beef 150 g
    cals - 185, carbs 0, fat 5, pro 36.

1pm : reflex instant whey 2 scoops
    cals - 198, carbs 3, fat 3, pro 40.

3.30 : jacket potato - 130g drained tuna
    cals - 316, carbs 32, fat 8, pro 33.

5pm Train

6-6.30 : PHD 2.1 recovery 2 scoops
    cals - 360, carbs 60, fat 0.5, pro 30.

7.30 : Chicken breast cup green beans
    Cals - 292, carbs 10, fat 5, pro 49

10.30 : PHD 6 HR blend 2 scoops
    cals - 210, carbs 3, fat 4, pro 42.

8 pints of water + every day...

Totals cals 2043, carbs 163, fat 37, pro 268

If there are any changes i should make please let me know...

Thanks

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    based on the water intake and macros it seems impossible to not be losing fat. Are you possibly gaining muscle and therefore not losing body weight? Post some pics and I'll see what I can figure out.

thanks for the reply..I`ll attept a pic tommorow, I seam to hold fat in strange places and be fairly strong but with no definition, i`m naturally quite a big build (well compaired to other people in the gym i use) but dont have the scupted body i`m looking for, I got all the macros off myfitnesspal and use that to log my diet which is preety much the same everyday...its 1000 cals at least under my maintenence so i should be losing...

I`m sure there is the body of an adonis hidden under this fat somewhere...just struggling to find it...

Thanks again

Well if that's true, 1000 cals under maintenance, we've found the problem, your body is in self-preservation mode from starvation and has began shutting your metabolism down. Looking forward to seeing the pics and helping you sculpt that dream body.

Ronsive is offline New Member
    Your diet is good. But i think you should include here some other things like you say that some natural foods like vegetables , fruits etc. You should drink water more than 10 time in a day. Drink a cup of green tea daily. It will help you to reduce your weight. Some times your body structure is like that you can't easily reduce your weight so don't take tension.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronsive View Post
    Your diet is good. It is?! His 3:30 meal is the only one I don't have a problem with. But i think you should include here some other things like you say that some natural foods like vegetables , fruits Fruit isn't bad for a lot of people, but for someone whose fat loss has stalled, it doesn't have a place in his/her diet. etc. You should drink water more than 10 time in a day. A quantity of water/day would be much more informative than how frequent you drink it. Drink a cup of green tea daily. It will help you to reduce your weight. This may very well be true for someone who is losing fat with diet alone, but no supplement will produce results if proper nutrition is not in place. He needs to sort out the problem he is having first before adding other variables. Some times your body structure is like that you can't easily reduce your weight so don't take tension. I will agree that it is more difficult for some to lose body fat than others, but with proper nutrition and consistency, ANYONE can lose fat/gain muscle.
    I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but there is clearly a problem here that needs to be sorted out for the OP, and the advice you've given is, to me, clearly not optimal and, in some cases, incorrect. To the OP-I will critique your diet once I get back from work (running late already) unless someone else beats me to it. Hang in there, bro!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    If you're eating 1000 under maintenance, that's your first mistake. All you're doing is slowing your metabolism and will make it harder to gain lean mass without adding bodyfat in the future.

Personally, i'd lower carbs and up your fats to begin with.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I completely agree with musclestack's perspective on this particular subject matter. There are many flaws about this diet and an equal amount of modifications need to be done with it, IMO.

So, we have a subject here whose weight loss process is slowing down. Keeping this in mind, here are a couple of pointers:

Breakfast: No protein macros. Insulin spiking reflex instant whey 1 scoop with a further insulin raising (due to lactose and no fat together) 400ml skimmed milk are the protein sources. I hope you are picking up what I am putting down here; replace your morning whey with 3 hard boiled large eggs and several egg whites as your macro protein source. It is nothing but an oxymoron to be spiking your insulin several times a day and reporting a halt in your weight loss process.

11 am meal: Protein-only meals are next to useless for people with lean muscle gain in mind. Surely 150 gr lean beef will make you feel full for a couple of hours but how do you think your liver is going to synthesize 36 gr of anabolic protein in one meal without the presence of catabolic elements such as fatty acids and/or carbs? I am sure you are all surprised and maybe even confused to hear this statement but it is a fact of the human anatomy. Carbs and/or fats + anabolic protein = sucessful liver protein synthesis; protein alone = feeling full + shitting it out later and not much else. This should be considered an early am meal when your insulin sensitivity is still relatively high and you should take advantage of this by adding some complex carbs to this meal, 50-100 gr would do it for you.

1pm meal: 2 scoops of instant whey again. That is indeed a whole a lot of insulin spike that results in shuttling of nutritions to fat cells also, not to mention it does not come with carbs and/or fats, making it more useless protein to shit later on. Go for 150 gr of chicken breast in this meal. Add a cup of fibre rich steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale) next your lean steak drizzled with EVOO, which will lead to an increment in your overall metabolic rythm meaning that your body will be more likely to continue to burn fat. Your diet lacks fiber and this is a serious problem.

3.30pm meal: No wonder why you stopped loosing fat. Remove the white and/or potato altogether from your diet, period. Get some sweet potatos, aka new potatos instead, which are considered complex carb source as opposed to traditional starchy potatos that are high in GI and low in fiber. Steam them, boil them or bake them, do whatever you like with them but make sure to say goodbye to traditional potatos.

7.30 pm meal: Same mistake, no healthy fat acids here. I strongly advice you eat 20 raw almonds along with your chicken and green beans in this meal. Introducing the right healthy fat acids to your diet with the right dose and timing is actually a well known and proven tactic for fat loss/lean muscle gain, so do not panic as you are eating 20 almonds because they primarily are fat source. Almonds are your good friends, that's indeed how you should approach them.

10.30 pm: PHD 6 HR blend 2 scoops is a poor choice of before-bed supplementation for several reasons: again, the last thing you need at this time of the day is the intake of fast-acting insulin spiking protein supplementation. You will be going to bed with high blood sugar, which will most likely inhibit secretion of GH while asleep. Moreover, fast acting proteins also metabolize quickly, meaning that they will leave you all alone for the most part when it comes to fighting catabolism throughout your sleep. Instead, get some Casein and drink a scoop 30 mins. before you go to bed. As a macro alternative to casein, low fat low sodium cottage cheese alone will do it.

As for water, for someone your size and daily protein intake, you should be drinking a minumum of 4 lt of drinking water a day, which equals to about 16 glasses. For the record, you are better off going over that amount instead of staying under.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    If you're eating 1000 under maintenance, that's your first mistake. All you're doing is slowing your metabolism and will make it harder to gain lean mass without adding bodyfat in the future.

Personally, i'd lower carbs and up your fats to begin with.
    Are my posts invisible to your newly acquired "monitor" eyes? I think I just said that three posts up, where's the love?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsive View Post
    Your diet is good. But i think you should include here some other things like you say that some natural foods like vegetables , fruits etc. You should drink water more than 10 time in a day. Drink a cup of green tea daily. It will help you to reduce your weight. Some times your body structure is like that you can't easily reduce your weight so don't take tension.
    WOW! Are you serious????? Post up some credentials and some sources for you statements. Have you read anything on this board? Do you even read the OP's posts? Are you aware you are on a bodybuilding website not a "longevity" or "natural cleansing" forum?

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude, but there is clearly a problem here that needs to be sorted out for the OP, and the advice you've given is, to me, clearly not optimal and, in some cases, incorrect. To the OP-I will critique your diet once I get back from work (running late already) unless someone else beats me to it. Hang in there, bro!
    Don't apologize for coming off rude, Ronsive has posted flat out stupid statements in every one of his 4 posts!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Are my posts invisible to your newly acquired "monitor" eyes? I think I just said that three posts up, where's the love?
    LoL, I did see when you made the point about eating so far below maintenance - just wanted to reiterate that but add about the macros being out of whack IMO.

Don't worry TB, you're still loved. Not by me, but by someone in you're life, i'm certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    I completely agree with musclestack's perspective on this particular subject matter. There are many flaws about this diet and an equal amount of modifications need to be done with it, IMO.

So, we have a subject here whose weight loss process is slowing down. Keeping this in mind, here are a couple of pointers:

Breakfast: No protein macros. Insulin spiking reflex instant whey 1 scoop with a further insulin raising (due to lactose and no fat together) 400ml skimmed milk are the protein sources. I hope you are picking up what I am putting down here; replace your morning whey with 3 hard boiled large eggs and several egg whites as your macro protein source. It is nothing but an oxymoron to be spiking your insulin several times a day and reporting a halt in your weight loss process.

11 am meal: Protein-only meals are next to useless for people with lean muscle gain in mind. Surely 150 gr lean beef will make you feel full for a couple of hours but how do you think your liver is going to synthesize 36 gr of anabolic protein in one meal without the presence of catabolic elements such as fatty acids and/or carbs? I am sure you are all surprised and maybe even confused to hear this statement but it is a fact of the human anatomy. Carbs and/or fats + anabolic protein = sucessful liver protein synthesis; protein alone = feeling full + shitting it out later and not much else. This should be considered an early am meal when your insulin sensitivity is still relatively high and you should take advantage of this by adding some complex carbs to this meal, 50-100 gr would do it for you.

1pm meal: 2 scoops of instant whey again. That is indeed a whole a lot of insulin spike that results in shuttling of nutritions to fat cells also, not to mention it does not come with carbs and/or fats, making it more useless protein to shit later on. Go for 150 gr of chicken breast in this meal. Add a cup of fibre rich steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, kale) next your lean steak drizzled with EVOO, which will lead to an increment in your overall metabolic rythm meaning that your body will be more likely to continue to burn fat. Your diet lacks fiber and this is a serious problem.

3.30pm meal: No wonder why you stopped loosing fat. Remove the white and/or potato altogether from your diet, period. Get some sweet potatos, aka new potatos instead, which are considered complex carb source as opposed to traditional starchy potatos that are high in GI and low in fiber. Steam them, boil them or bake them, do whatever you like with them but make sure to say goodbye to traditional potatos.

7.30 pm meal: Same mistake, no healthy fat acids here. I strongly advice you eat 20 raw almonds along with your chicken and green beans in this meal. Introducing the right healthy fat acids to your diet with the right dose and timing is actually a well known and proven tactic for fat loss/lean muscle gain, so do not panic as you are eating 20 almonds because they primarily are fat source. Almonds are your good friends, that's indeed how you should approach them.

10.30 pm: PHD 6 HR blend 2 scoops is a poor choice of before-bed supplementation for several reasons: again, the last thing you need at this time of the day is the intake of fast-acting insulin spiking protein supplementation. You will be going to bed with high blood sugar, which will most likely inhibit secretion of GH while asleep. Moreover, fast acting proteins also metabolize quickly, meaning that they will leave you all alone for the most part when it comes to fighting catabolism throughout your sleep. Instead, get some Casein and drink a scoop 30 mins. before you go to bed. As a macro alternative to casein, low fat low sodium cottage cheese alone will do it.

As for water, for someone your size and daily protein intake, you should be drinking a minumum of 4 lt of drinking water a day, which equals to about 16 glasses. For the record, you are better off going over that amount instead of staying under.
    I like it!! OP-Listen to the man!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post

Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I like it!! OP-Listen to the man!
    Yes, Yes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    LoL, I did see when you made the point about eating so far below maintenance - just wanted to reiterate that but add about the macros being out of whack IMO.

Don't worry TB, you're still loved. Not by me, but by someone in you're life, i'm certain.
    Ouch. I still love you though.

Hi sorry for the late reply and unfortunatly no pics as yet, its been a long day and ive not had chance...but i will post a pic when i get someone to take one off me...

I really appreciate the replys, Turkish Juicer you have well and truly opened up my eyes...

I try and keep my diet to an affordable limit due to being a single, self employed father, i need to be careful with my money for obvious reasons...hence the reason i use alot of shakes as they are more cost effective and as i dont get alot of time for breaks they are fast and easy...

I`m going to try and come up with a new diet thats cost effective and managable for my life and comitments..

again i really appreciate all your help and i know i need to come up with something that i can stick to rather than just copy someone elses diet...

I have a few questions before i make up a new diet hopefully you can help me out.

1, is having shakes as meals a total no no or could i add olive oil or nuts to make the macros better or just leave them out totally?
    2, eggs i`m not a massive fan off them could i add any sort of flavour to get rid off the taste first thing in the morn? or is it just PLAIN EGGS thats it?
    3, what calories and pro,carb,fat break down should i be aiming for? should i aim for way above 220 gram of protein
    4, can i make any adjustments to the meals i`m having now to improve them without totally changing my diet...

I`m sure there are many more questions i need to ask and i`m very greatfull for any more help

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Complete novice View Post
    Hi sorry for the late reply and unfortunatly no pics as yet, its been a long day and ive not had chance...but i will post a pic when i get someone to take one off me...

I really appreciate the replys, Turkish Juicer you have well and truly opened up my eyes...

I try and keep my diet to an affordable limit due to being a single, self employed father, i need to be careful with my money for obvious reasons...hence the reason i use alot of shakes as they are more cost effective and as i dont get alot of time for breaks they are fast and easy...

I`m going to try and come up with a new diet thats cost effective and managable for my life and comitments..

again i really appreciate all your help and i know i need to come up with something that i can stick to rather than just copy someone elses diet...

I have a few questions before i make up a new diet hopefully you can help me out.

1, is having shakes as meals a total no no or could i add olive oil or nuts to make the macros better or just leave them out totally? Having whey with water only as a meal is a waste, IMO. I have noticed that some members on the forum experiment with their whey by adding some complex fat and carb sources. I guess your best bet would be taking 1 scoop of your whey with 300 ml of Lactose free low fat milk. As you probably already know, lactose is the sugar in regular milk, which is where the carbs come from. Lactose-free milk has hence the advantage of being carb-free. When it comes to low fat, fat shall not only prolong the ingestion & digestion here but also somewhat inhibit the insulin spike. As another option, you can switch to a quality gainer with a carb profile consisting of nothing to next amount of simple sugars, such as Optimum Nutrition NitroCore 24™ or Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex™ Gainer.

2, eggs i`m not a massive fan off them could i add any sort of flavour to get rid off the taste first thing in the morn? or is it just PLAIN EGGS thats it? You can surely add any kind of spice to them in order to modify the taste. I eat 10 hard boiled large eggs every morning, 3 whole and the rest being egg whites. You can make an omlette or scramble them also, just watch out for what kind of fat you use on the pan and how much of it. Eggs are the purest protein source in the nature with an NPU of 88% and they are easily digested, you cannot afford not eating them for this matter.

3, what calories and pro,carb,fat break down should i be aiming for? should i aim for way above 220 gram of protein
    There are no valid generalizations here other than making sure you get your protein in everymeal (30-60 gr will do it for you). When it comes to carb and fat breakdown, however, your metabolism type determines how your body will react to carbs/fats. Please read the article I posted on the diet section yesterday for a compherensive and informative take on this issue, titled ''Insulin Sensitivity and Fat Loss.'' This will answer all of your questions I believe.

4, can i make any adjustments to the meals i`m having now to improve them without totally changing my diet...Adjustments is what we tried to do above, as opposed to completely changing your diet. For instance, new potatos instead of traditional potatos. Complex carbs instead of simple carbs and so forth.

I`m sure there are many more questions i need to ask and i`m very greatfull for any more help

Good stuff TJ. I cook my eggs with a non stick spray or just in a non stick pan with no spray. I would also suggest oats with the protein drink as an occasional option(just blend them in cold and drink away)

Thanks again for the advice, I think i know what i need to change altho i could really do with looking at a good sample diet,

My goal is to LOSE FAT so i`m going to keep my total cals below 2500, which is more than i have been eating but hopefully i`ll eventually get my nutrition sorted, body working as it should and the fat will drop off..

After reading the very interesting post, i`d have to say i`m not insulin sensitive and have a high insuline secreation so i really should try having 40% protein, 30% carbs and fats split.

Without getting to technical if i`m having 2500 cals a day : 1000 cals (250 gram) of protein, 750 cals (120g) of carbs, 750 cals (83g) of fats...

Out of my OP diet it just need jiggling about abit, does this look better i`ve not done the macros yet but just as an example, please make adjustments as i`m only guessing to get this right but i want to get it spot on so i can stick to it and hopefully change my body for the better...

8 am, 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop oats, tablespoon olive oil, water (i will try and change to eating eggs at the weekend, got so much to do first thing with the little one and work)
    11am, 100g extra lean minced beef, 50g brown rice or handfull off cashew nuts, cup broccoli ?
    1 pm, dont know here dont really have time for a meal but as i`ve been told a shake isnt right.
    3-3.30, half sweet potato, 130g tuna, tea spoon chilli olive oil ???
    Train
    6-6.30, phd 2.1 recovery - is this ok to have ???? http://www.phd-supplements.com/store.../recovery.html
    7.30, 150g chicken, green beans + almonds
    10.30, casin or cottage cheese (can`t seam to eat cottage cheese without putting something with it ie sauce or rivita which are both no nos so i`ll have to stick with the casin...is phd 6hr blend totally no good? i thought it was aimed to be used before bed as a slow release http://www.phd-supplements.com/store/p/51/1/blend.html but its probably a gimmik to sell to people like me...

I have at least 4lt+ of water a day now, but still feel dehydrated alot tho...sometimes i drink 2 lt of water just when i`m training and still want more, maybe again coz of the diet...

If i have missed anything, can make adjustments to improve or if its tottaly wrong please let me know, if this is basically right i`ll try it in myfitnesspal and make ajustments for the macros...

Thanks again for your help

TJ does that look any better? Would I be alright having a UN pro gainer even tho I'm wanting to lose fat and keep carbs fairly low? Was thinking of having it for my 1pm meal instead of the reflex, as alot of the time with my job I don't get chance to have a proper meal or actual break, I just stop, eat then back to work!!!

Thanks again for all your help

Diet is much better as far as food choices go, but you need to post the macros for each meal before anyone can give you any efficient help.

Quote Originally Posted by Complete novice View Post
    Thanks again for the advice, I think i know what i need to change altho i could really do with looking at a good sample diet,

My goal is to LOSE FAT so i`m going to keep my total cals below 2500, which is more than i have been eating but hopefully i`ll eventually get my nutrition sorted, body working as it should and the fat will drop off..

After reading the very interesting post, i`d have to say i`m not insulin sensitive and have a high insuline secreation so i really should try having 40% protein, 30% carbs and fats split.

Without getting to technical if i`m having 2500 cals a day : 1000 cals (250 gram) of protein, 750 cals (120g) of carbs, 750 cals (83g) of fats...
    Fat seems too high to me. I would increse protein a bit and bring fats down; just my 2 cents.

Out of my OP diet it just need jiggling about abit, does this look better i`ve not done the macros yet but just as an example, please make adjustments as i`m only guessing to get this right but i want to get it spot on so i can stick to it and hopefully change my body for the better...

8 am, 1 scoop whey, 1 scoop oats, tablespoon olive oil, water (i will try and change to eating eggs at the weekend, got so much to do first thing with the little one and work) Try to keep carbs and fats separate as much as possible. While complex carbs will not spike insulin levels, they will still cause a rise. When this happens, dietary fat is more apt to be shuttled towards fat cells.
    11am, 100g extra lean minced beef, 50g brown rice or handfull off cashew nuts, cup broccoli ? Try to be specific. What's a handful?
    1 pm, dont know here dont really have time for a meal but as i`ve been told a shake isnt right. If a shake is the only thing you can fit in, it's better than nothing. Add an EFA to it.
    3-3.30, half sweet potato, 130g tuna, tea spoon chilli olive oil ???
    Train Again, keep fats and carbs separate.
    6-6.30, phd 2.1 recovery - is this ok to have ???? http://www.phd-supplements.com/store.../recovery.html
    7.30, 150g chicken, green beans + almonds Quantity of almonds? Personally, I would drizzle some EVOO over your green beans/chicken as a fat source and ditch the almonds.
    10.30, casin or cottage cheese (can`t seam to eat cottage cheese without putting something with it ie sauce or rivita which are both no nos so i`ll have to stick with the casin Gbrice adds sugar-free jelly to his CC; try that....is phd 6hr blend totally no good? i thought it was aimed to be used before bed as a slow release http://www.phd-supplements.com/store/p/51/1/blend.html but its probably a gimmik to sell to people like me...

I have at least 4lt+ of water a day now, but still feel dehydrated alot tho...sometimes i drink 2 lt of water just when i`m training and still want more, maybe again coz of the diet...Don't hesitate to drink more, especially if you're feeling dehydrated.

If i have missed anything, can make adjustments to improve or if its tottaly wrong please let me know, if this is basically right i`ll try it in myfitnesspal and make ajustments for the macros...

Thanks again for your help

Post up those pics and post your workout routine, include specific exercises/sets/reps/poundages.

Hi Musclestack, thanks for the reply, i`ve had alot to deal with this week with the little one and work so not had chance to do the macros as yet but i`ll hopefully do it at the weekend, just going to stay eating clean till i can get it done properly and do a big shop and order, then hopefully get on the right track, as money is abit tight i want to get the diet nailed and looking spot on in therory before i splash out on things, just incase i dont need them...so sorry for not having the full details as yet.

Really appreciate the input and i`ll try and split things up abit more :

Pro + Carbs
    Pro + Carbs + Veg
    Pro + Fat
    Pro + Carbs
    Train
    Pro + Sugary Carbs
    Pro + Fat + Veg
    Slow Release Protein

Very vague in know, but i`ll get it sorted at the weekend if this looks about right??? like i say i just want to get things spot on before i go out and buy things as i`m on a budget...thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Post up those pics and post your workout routine, include specific exercises/sets/reps/poundages.
    Hi Tbody66

I still havent got the pics up sorry, tried getting my four year old to take some but they were either blured or of the floor... and my iPhone doesnt have a timer on it, i will get them on at the weekend tho i`ll ask a mate or something...they just don`t understand..."can you take some pics of me with my top off" i get the reply "i`m not that why out sorry mate" or some other stupid comment.

I`m currently doing this workout, all strict form, no cheating, and only spotting on last reps if any, i have low rest periods, under a minute :

Monday - Chest, Abs

Bench Press
    1 X 20 - 60kg
    1 X 12 - 90kg
    1 X 8 - 110kg
    1 X 3 - 140kg
    1 X 1 - 155kg
    1 X 20 - 60kg

Pec-Deck (Butterflies)
    3 X 15 - 54kg

Slight Incline Flyes (25 degree bench)
    3 X 8-10 - 17.5 each arm DB

Incline Bench
    3 X 6 - 40kg each arm DB

Cable Crossover
    3 X 15 60kg each arm

Abs
    4 sets X 25 Reps Crunches - Decline with 5kg plate behind head

Tues - Back

Deadlift
    1 X 15 - 60kg
    1 X 8 - 100kg
    2 X 5 120kg,130kg
    1 X 3 145kg

Bent Row
    3 X 8 - 60kg BB

Wide Grip Pull-Up
    3 X 10 - I can do these but struggle to do anymore, i throw in a few after other sessions if i`m upto it.

Seated Row
    3 X 8 - 90kg

Shrug
    2 X 10 - 110kg (on smith machine)

Wed - Cardio

Thurs - Shoulders, arms, abs

SHOULDERS

Military Press
    1 X 15 - 40kg
    1 X 10 - 60kg
    1 X 6 - 80kg
    1 X 3 - 90kg
    1 X 20 - 50kg

Side Lateral Raise
    3 X 10 -12.5kg each arm

Cable Side Lateral Raise Supersetted with Machine Press
    3 X 15 -10kg, 40kg

Rear Lateral Raise
    2 X 15 - 5kg

BICEPS AND TRICEPS:

Rope Pushdown
    4 X 15 - 75kg

Alternate Dumbbell Curl
    3 X 10 - 17.5 each arm

Superset - Barbell Curl with Rope Pushdown
    4 X 12 -25kg BBC, 70 RP

Reverse (behind the head rope pushdown)
    4 X 15 - 75kg

Hammer Curl
    2 X 6 - 25kg

Friday - Legs - This is my bad point, i ruptured my ACL a few years ago and have had four operations and am due another soon to sort the on going problem out, hence why my deadlift and legs in particular are no good...

Squats
    1 X 20 - 20kg
    1 X 15 - 60kg
    3 X 10 - 70kg
    1 X 6 - 80kg
    1 X 20 -20kg

Leg Press
    3 X 15 - 90kg

Leg Extension
    2 X 25 - 45kg

Leg Curl
    3 X 15 60kg

Standing Calf Raise
    1 X 25 - 20kg
    2 X 15 - 30kg
    2 X 10 - 50kg
    2 X 6 -50kg
    1 X 25 - 20kg

Cardio - i cannot run without my knee blowing up like a balloon and being off work for a day or two.

Monday, Tuesday and Friday (after weights) crosstrainer - 20 mins - HR around 130bpm or what i believe to be fat burning zone.
    Wednesday - skipping on soft surface 3mins on 1min off x 5, 20 mins crosstrainer, 20 mins exercise bike,
    Sundays - this isnt every week but i do wednesdays cardio again on a sunday sometimes..

Hope i havent forgotten anything here, i will get the pics up at the weekend or as soon as i can get one taken of me...

Thanks again for the help
    Last edited by Complete novice; 04-14-2011 at 04:27 PM.

jtuner77 is offline Member
    Outside of what TB and GB have stated you need to raise your HR. I have found that your body gets accustomed to one area. I noticed a drop or break of a plateau when I stepped up my HR a little bit or changed my cardio exercise. 1000cals under maintainence is not wise. I have a deficit of 600 and burn off another 400-600 through my workouts to lose about 7-9lbs a month or that's what I shoot for at least.

I'll wait for pics to address the workout. I don't do cardio.

Thread Information