nutrition7771 is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up cheat meal every night ?

basically i dont have high percent b,f, i have visable abs when i tense or in the right light, i eat really healthy during the days, low carbs high protein, main source of carbs from greens like brocoli etc, train my ass off down the gym, cardio 2-3 runs a week each 30-40 minutes. basically im trying to loose abit of b,f for better abs but seem to be having a cheat meal eod with my girlfreind who likes to eat out of get takeaways sometimes, like tonight i had medium pizza with cheesecake. i dont want to turn around and say no because i want to loose 2-3% b,f to her. will this be that harmfull towards my goals just aslong as my diet during the day is spot on and im training my ass of ?? one of my freinds who used to compete said i should be able to get away with eating more or less what i want just as long as i train hard i wont put much shitty weight on, true or false. i havent noticed any difference from having these cheat meals but would like more info.
    thanks

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I can almost guarantee this will thwart your efforts. Depending on your metabolism, you may be getting away with this without adding additional bodyfat, but you are not going to drop bodyfat with consistent cheat meals. Most guys serious about dropping bodyfat will eat a single cheat meal per week, if at all. Even then, it usually consists of a healthier choice - maybe ground beef and white pasta, not pizza and cheesecake.

My .02

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    how old are you, ht/wt and overall training experience? Most of us here could say the same thing about our abs, but that doesn't mean we have low bf. Also the lower you are the more disciplined you must be in order to accomplish further loss. If you are okay with how you look you could maintain your look with that attitude, but to improve you must sacrifice. It doesn't even sound like you know what your daily caloric intake is let alone your macros. Post some pics and tell us exactly what you are trying to accomplish for us to help dial in your programs. If your girl doesn't understand or would leave you if you didn't eat what she ate I'd say dump her. If you are just not commited enough to lock everything in to accomplish your personal goals, then don't pretend and just continue being okay with being okay.

nutrition7771 is offline Associate Member
    stats
    6'
    85kg
    about 14% b,f
    3 years training.
    i find it so so hard not to cheat as i always feel hungry from this low card diet.
    any more info would be great on the cheat meals
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nutrition7771 View Post
    i find it so so hard not to cheat as i always feel hungry from this low card diet.
    Incorporate more leafy green veggies into your diet. Fiber is extremely filling. Do this - next time you're legitimately hungry (I'm not talking about cravings for junk food, i'm talking about being HUNGRY) but it's not time for a meal, have a large salad - 2 cups of leafy greens (romaine, spinach, etc) with some veggies of your choice. Dress it with black pepper, some EVOO and either Balsamic or Lemon Juice. Tell me if you're still hungry after that. No, it's not pizza - but it'll fill you up and it's a million times healthier.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    You you do somthing everday that would be your routine not your cheat. I might have a small chocolate bar each day but that is part of my routine. I try to do it cheat meal no more than one meal ever two weeks. I also plan the rest of my day around that meal. Ie eat less during other meals so my cal are still in range even if my macros are not.

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck on your goal. My opinion is, if you want to take cutting bf% serious, you cant cheat. A craving is a passing thought (we all have them). Dont cheat

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabody View Post
    Good luck on your goal. My opinion is, if you want to take cutting bf% serious, you cant cheat. A craving is a passing thought (we all have them). Dont cheat
    Amen ^ ^

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Amen ^ ^
    true story!

Thread Information