Thread: Cheerios

brianrparker is offline New Member

Cheerios

Ok so im deployed right now. my mom is sending me oats for my diet. but in the mean time what do you guys think about cheerios. this is about the healthiest carb i can fine here on my fob

103 cal
    2fat
    21 carb
    3 fiber
    1 sugar
    3 prot

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    If thats all you have then I guess its not a bad choice.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I wouldn't consider it bodybuilding food by any means, but as stated above if it's the best you have access to, then what choice do you really have anyway? They're better than not eating at all. Tell your mom to overnight the oats!

They should be here any day. even if over nighted it would go to the army in the states then the army takes it overseas.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    post up the rest of your diet and your stats, maybe there are some other things we can help with.

230Lbs
    20% BF
    21 Y/O
    6'3 Feet

Deployed to Iraq ATM limited of food choices. The army food is always fried or fatty. Breakfast - Breakfast burrito sausage biscuit gravy. Lunch- Fried food and have ass sandwich bar. Dinner - Some kind of protein rice and veggie.

Workout
    Standard 5 day split changing my 2 rest days every week depending on what we do that day for work.
    Morning cardio - Fasted cardio every morning atleast 30mins, Sometimes i feel good and go more then 45mins.
    Post Workout Cardio - 30 mins
    When we dont have mission i will sometimes also do a pre meal 5 cardio 30mins-60mins

Meal one - 1/2 cup oats 2 scoops whey.
    32Carb 50Prot 5fat

Meal two - 5oz tuna
    0 Carb 20 Prot 2 Fat

Meal three - 2 Sandwich whole wheat bread mustard and 4 oz meat each. Normally turkey or roast beef.
    32Carb 40 Prot 9Fat

Meal four - Tuna or some sandwich meat 4-6OZ
    0 Carb 26Prot 4 Fat

Sometimes 30mins-60mins Cardio right before meal five

Meal five - Dinner this one is up for grabs. I go to the army food for this one i will eat the veggies, meat, and white rice. If the protein they have is Terrible IE hamburger fatty beef. I will go to my room and eat Tuna.
    20-40 Carb 30-40 Prot 10-20 Fat

Workout then 30mins of cardio after workout

Meal six - 2 scoop Whey w/ amazing grass veggie supp and optimen vitamin
    1 Carb 50 Prot 2 Fat

Meal seven - 1 scoop casien
    1 Carb 25 Prot 1 fat

Marco
    90-100 Carb
    241-251 Prot
    33-43 Fat

For now i am subbing Cheerios for my Oats almost exactly the same macro as my oats.

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    I think that while you're deployed try to make the best with what you have. You know what's good and what's not. Hopefully you can get some good care packages.

Thank you for your service, it's always appreciated.

I was in Iraq and had no problems with availabilty of everything necessary for proper dieting for whatever I wanted to accomplish. I was on Anaconda as an MWR coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I was in Iraq and had no problems with availabilty of everything necessary for proper dieting for whatever I wanted to accomplish. I was on Anaconda as an MWR coordinator.
    anaconda is a big base. our base has no more then 100 ppl on it.

Quote Originally Posted by brianrparker View Post
    anaconda is a big base. our base has no more then 100 ppl on it.
    Sorry to hear that. Thanks for serving! Can you say "Eggs, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!"

i wish they serve hard boiled eggs.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    What exactly are your living quarters and patrol (or whatever you do) schedule like? If you're on a COP how often do u get to visit the FOB? I was in and out of some of the sh!ttiest JSS's and COPs in Baghdad and spent a lot time in patrol bases too so I know how bad the diets can be, but I can try and help just lemme know your situation.

Im on falcon. but its not falcon like before believe me. i can throw a rock from one end to the other. fortunately i am SCO PSD so i go to VBC get tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I wouldn't consider it bodybuilding food by any means, but as stated above if it's the best you have access to, then what choice do you really have anyway? They're better than not eating at all. Tell your mom to overnight the oats!
    good news my moms package came last night. i got Steel cut oats, Rolled Oats and Cream of wheat. Idk why my mom sent me scream of wheat but w/e whats your. what do you think is better i hear rolled oats is better. is cream of wheat bad?

Thread Information