Info:

- 24y
    - 193cm/6' 4"
    - 124kg/273lbs
    - bf ~26%
    - goal - get as low bf as I can

Workout:

- I workout at evening, before my last big meal
    - 3 day split, then 1-2 days off (depends on energy levels and how I feel)
    - cardio in the morning on empty stomach every day, before workout and after workout

Caloric needs:

- BMR - based on my actual weight 2566 cals
    - BMR - based on my lean weight my BMR is 2352 cals
    - Maintenance ~3000 cals

Macros:

(not sure whats better from these two, or maybe something completely different)

- + I am not sure if cals are high enough

Protein - 335,7 g - 46%
    Carbs - 255,8 g - 36%
    Fat - 58.6 g - 18%
    Total - 2,925 cals

or

Protein - 393.8 g - 54%
    Carbs - 189.5 g - 27%
    Fat - 60.7 g - 19%
    Total - 2,936 cals

Diet:

(everything in exact order as I eat/do it)

- I eat every ~3 hours

- multi,EFAs
    - cardio (low intensity)
    Meal 1 - oats (+ ~half cup of milk), 3 whole eggs

Meal 2 - chicken breasts, vegies
    Meal 3 - chicken breasts, vegies
    Meal 4 - chicken breasts, vegies

- BCAAs
    - cardio (short, low intensity)
    - WORKOUT -
    - cardio (longer, high intensity)
    - pwo shake (50g protein shake, 50g glucose, 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, BCAAs)
    Meal 5 - oats

Meal 6 - chicken breasts, vegies

If there is need for macros, I will post them.

If I may ask someone to check if this is okay, or give advice what to change. I will be really thankful as this time I want to have everything right. Thanks a lot.

(More I read another post, more mistakes I see here, going to check again everything today and will get things up right)
    Last edited by pipzman; 04-15-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: changed title so its clear that all info is included

pipzman is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    I wrote down everything more properly, hope someone could take a look at this and correct me if there is any mistake

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I think your going to need to post the macros for those meals. I don't think you eating anywhere near 3000 cal. How long have you been eating like this. Are you loosing weight? I would think you must be.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipzman View Post
    Hey guys,

Info:

- 24y
    - 193cm/6' 4"
    - 124kg/273lbs
    - bf ~26%
    - goal - get as low bf as I can

Workout:

- I workout at evening, before my last big meal
    - 3 day split, then 1-2 days off (depends on energy levels and how I feel) It's a lifestyle, bro. Keep it consistent.
    - cardio in the morning on empty stomach every day, before workout and after workout Are you saying you're not eating before you weight train? Big mistake imo.

Caloric needs:

- BMR - based on my actual weight 2566 cals
    - BMR - based on my lean weight my BMR is 2352 cals
    - Maintenance ~3000 cals

Macros:

(not sure whats better from these two, or maybe something completely different)

- + I am not sure if cals are high enough Judging by your stats, 3,000 would be a good starting point imo.

Protein - 335,7 g - 46%
    Carbs - 255,8 g - 36%
    Fat - 58.6 g - 18%
    Total - 2,925 cals

or

Protein - 393.8 g - 54%
    Carbs - 189.5 g - 27%
    Fat - 60.7 g - 19%
    Total - 2,936 cals
    You'll have to play with the macros to see what works best for you. When I cut, I like to eat 2 grams of protein per pound of lbm, keep carbs low, and fat moderate.

Diet:

(everything in exact order as I eat/do it)

- I eat every ~3 hours

- multi,EFAs
    - cardio (low intensity)
    Meal 1 - oats (+ ~half cup of milk), 3 whole eggs
    How much oats. Post macros for all meals. Eggs are a great source of protein, but I would keep 2 whole eggs and add some egg whites to get a nice pro/fat split from them. 3 whole eggs is only about 18-20 grams of quality, complete protein and the pro/fat split would be roughly 50/50; not what you want.

Meal 2 - chicken breasts, vegies
    Meal 3 - chicken breasts, vegies
    Meal 4 - chicken breasts, vegies
    Good, but add some EFAs to these meals. Green veggies are mostly fiber, a carb that cannot be processed by the human body. A healthy fat will help digestion of the said proteins.

- BCAAs
    - cardio (short, low intensity)
    - WORKOUT -
    - cardio (longer, high intensity)
    - pwo shake (50g protein shake, 50g glucose, 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, BCAAs)
    I would personally keep the cardio for after weight training to keep training more intense. I would also replace the glucose with a complex carb, especially since you're cutting. I try to steer clear of insulin spikes when cutting.
    Meal 5 - oats
    Horrible meal if that's all you're eating. You can keep the oats here since it's ppwo, but add a lean protein like chicken breast/fish.
    Meal 6 - chicken breasts, vegies Same advice as your other chicken/veggie meals. Add some EVOO oil to your veggies to slow protein absorption overnight while you sleep.

If there is need for macros, I will post them.Post em.

If I may ask someone to check if this is okay, or give advice what to change. I will be really thankful as this time I want to have everything right. Thanks a lot.

(More I read another post, more mistakes I see here, going to check again everything today and will get things up right)
    see bold

Blog Entries
    Thanks for responses, yeah I was eating the 3k cals a day, lost few pounds, but I felt its not as it should be, and be sure I eat before my weight training

I played with the meal plan as you suggested, see bellow

prot/carbs/fat/cals

Meal 1 66,8/38,4/16/575

1 scoop of whey 24/2/1,5/114
    BCAAs uni-liver 7,5/0/0/35
    50g oats 6,6/34,1/3,5/194
    1 whole egg + 5 egg whites 28,7/2,3/11/232

Meal 2 55,3/0/13,4/357

180g chicken breasts 55,3/0/6,4/297
    green vegies + 0,5 tblsp EVOO 0/0/7/60

Meal 3 55,3/0/13,4/357

Meal 4 55,3/0/13,4/357

Meal 5 62,1/38,1/6,5/457 (pre wo)

2 scoops of whey 48/4/3/228

- slow cardio -
    - WORKOUT -
    - fast cardio -

Meal 6 62,1/38,1/6,5/457 (post wo)

Meal 7 55,3/0/13,4/357

Meal 8 25,8/5,2/5,1/174

200g cottage cheese 25,8/5,2/5,1/174

TOTALS 432,4/119,1/82,3/3020

prot is more than 2g per lbm, carbs low, fat is little higher due to evoo
    I will add more cardio
    will train 3 day split, then 2 days off

between the meals its no more than 2,5/3 hours
    pre workout meal is 1 hour before cardio, workout
    post workout meal is right after the last cardio, after workout

I will try to add another cardio in the morning, but its not easy for me now as I am working 12h a day

also I will add some variety into this meal plan as days will go

if its ok I am gonna try this for a week and will see the results

tell me now please what you think
    Last edited by pipzman; 04-17-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Diet looks much better. You should see nice results with it. Your fat macros for the chicken breast seems a bit high; where did you get your macros from? If anything, you could probably afford to bring protein down just a bit and add another 50 grams of oats to you pre and post workout meals, but imo, you're on the right track so give this a shot and let us know how it goes. If you feel lethargic in the gym, definitely add the extra oats to these meals. Good luck, bro!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Diet looks much better. You should see nice results with it. Your fat macros for the chicken breast seems a bit high; where did you get your macros from? If anything, you could probably afford to bring protein down just a bit and add another 50 grams of oats to you pre and post workout meals, but imo, you're on the right track so give this a shot and let us know how it goes. If you feel lethargic in the gym, definitely add the extra oats to these meals. Good luck, bro!
    Chicken macros Ive got from my electronic food scale, hope they are at least somewhere near the real ones as I dont get any label on them, buyin bulk from butcher

Going to test it for one week and we will see, but I can tell you now already that I feel its better then my previous one

Thanks for guidance mate, will get back here with results

Gucks is offline Member
    Thanks for responses, yeah I was eating the 3k cals a day, lost few pounds, but I felt its not as it should be, and be sure I eat before my weight training

I played with the meal plan as you suggested, see bellow

prot/carbs/fat/cals

Meal 1 66,8/38,4/16/575

1 scoop of whey 24/2/1,5/114
    1 whole egg + 5 egg whites 28,7/2,3/11/232

total of 65g of protein, thats alot in 1 meal man. i would say cut the whey and eggs back equally. 1 whole egg + 3 whites, 1/2 scoop whey.

Meal 2 55,3/0/13,4/357

again, alot of protein for 1 meal. ur a big guy but u have a really high bf. there no complex carbs there at all, some brown rice. go 1:2 ratio of carbs to protein, so about 30g of carbs wuld be gd.

Meal 3 55,3/0/13,4/357

Meal 4 55,3/0/13,4/357

same suggestion for meal 3 & 4 as meal 2.

Meal 5 62,1/38,1/6,5/457 (pre wo)

u dont need 2 scoops of whey pre-WO. 1 in plenty if ur taking 2 PWO. also make sure this is about 45-60mins b4 ur workout.

- slow cardio -
    - WORKOUT -
    - fast cardio -

Meal 6 62,1/38,1/6,5/457 (post wo)

Meal 7 55,3/0/13,4/357

protein only meal is fine at this time of the day.

Meal 8 25,8/5,2/5,1/174

200g cottage cheese 25,8/5,2/5,1/174

have some EFA's with this meal aswell, they will slow absorbtion rate of protein down even more.

TOTALS 432,4/119,1/82,3/3020 that is a serious amount of protein, cut it back to about 375g-400g. fat is way 2 high, 60g max for fats for cuting. carbs are reasonable but i think if u put some carbs from your pre and post-WO into meals 2, 3 & 4 and got ur carbs up to 150 2 replace lose calories from droping ur fats u wuld be better off.

prot is more than 2g per lbm, carbs low, fat is little higher due to evoo 1.5g per ib 2 plenty. 2g is exsesive imo.
    I will add more cardio
    will train 3 day split, then 2 days off u working on a 5days split with 3days on - 2days off? i wuld say 7 day split going 2 on - 1 off - 2 on - 2 off.

between the meals its no more than 2,5/3 hours
    pre workout meal is 1 hour before cardio, workout
    post workout meal is right after the last cardio, after workout

I will try to add another cardio in the morning, but its not easy for me now as I am working 12h a day

also I will add some variety into this meal plan as days will go

if its ok I am gonna try this for a week and will see the results

tell me now please what you think
    in bold.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gucks View Post
    in bold.
    thanks Gucks, trying to keep the carbs low as I read in many threads, till now is working pretty well and Ive got enough energy for my workouts, but I will try to keep my diet up to date to my weight and other conditions, this is somehow my startpoint, first diet made up my requirements, I want to add some variety soon, as fish, rice, nuts etc, I am happy with any advice as I am only learning how to properly eat

regarding the split, I really like the way to train whole body and then have the days off, also I like to train every part 2 times per week, cuz already with this split I feel next training like I didnt train it for a long time, and I try to hit the parts really hard, dont have any problems with energy or anything else, but then, what you say about training every other day?

I will look into it when I get home from work, but almost 30g of fat is from evoo, dont know what to do with that

be sure I eat pre-wo meal 1h before workout

you know the worst thing is here is pain in A to buy something healthy, with good/KNOWN macros, for example, liquid egg whites ? no way if I dont order it from another country, same with many other things...
    Last edited by pipzman; 04-19-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Gucks-I will agree that he can afford to bring protein down a bit and bring carbs up to replace the protein. When I cut, I personally like to keep carbs in breakfast, pre and post workout, so I'll have to disagree with adding the carbs to meals 2, 3, and 4; I would keep them pro/fat. I also don't like the protein-only meal for meal 7. Why do you feel it's a good idea to have neither carbs nor fats in this meal? I think the fat macros look reasonable for someone with his stats. I was cutting at 2,100 cals/day when I was 165 lbs and 14%bf, and I was eating 55 grams of fat per day.

Sorry, not trying to argue with you; more like a friendly disagreement. Would just like to know why you suggested some of the things you did. Cheers, bro!

Gucks is offline Member
    thanks Gucks, trying to keep the carbs low as I read in many threads, till now is working pretty well and Ive got enough energy for my workouts, but I will try to keep my diet up to date to my weight and other conditions, this is somehow my startpoint, first diet made up my requirements, I want to add some variety soon, as fish, rice, nuts etc, I am happy with any advice as I am only learning how to properly eat

regarding the split, I really like the way to train whole body and then have the days off, also I like to train every part 2 times per week, cuz already with this split I feel next training like I didnt train it for a long time, and I try to hit the parts really hard, dont have any problems with energy or anything else, but then, what you say about training every other day?

I will look into it when I get home from work, but almost 30g of fat is from evoo, dont know what to do with that

be sure I eat pre-wo meal 1h before workout

you know the worst thing is here is pain in A to buy something healthy, with good/KNOWN macros, for example, liquid egg whites ? no way if I dont order it from another country, same with many other things...
    hey, i fu like ur split as it is then stick with it. theres a 100 ways to the top of a mountain, but theres only 1 top :P

going EOD training wuldnt be enough for me but if u hit it hard and do more then 1 muscle group in the day it culd work. i dont like doing more then 1 muscle group in a day just because ti takes so much out of u. legs and back especially, working another muclse group with those wuld kill me!

82g of fat really is 2 much. 60g is a gd target, lose some of the evoo with vege's. its a gd idea 2 have EFA with corrage cheese b4 bed aswell as fats slow down absorbtion rates so tht protein will last longer.

i wuld lose at least 30g of tht protein and add it 2 carbs. if u feel gd with ur macros the way they r then keep going but 430g is definately way 2 much and 120g of carbs is very little for a guy as big as u. if ur doing alot of cardio i wuldnt last a week on 120g carbs a day.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Gucks-I will agree that he can afford to bring protein down a bit and bring carbs up to replace the protein. When I cut, I personally like to keep carbs in breakfast, pre and post workout, so I'll have to disagree with adding the carbs to meals 2, 3, and 4; I would keep them pro/fat. I also don't like the protein-only meal for meal 7. Why do you feel it's a good idea to have neither carbs nor fats in this meal? I think the fat macros look reasonable for someone with his stats. I was cutting at 2,100 cals/day when I was 165 lbs and 14%bf, and I was eating 55 grams of fat per day.

Sorry, not trying to argue with you; more like a friendly disagreement. Would just like to know why you suggested some of the things you did. Cheers, bro!
    ye, u want 2 keep ur carbs in the am and around ur workout, but that doesnt mean u 4get about them 4 the rest of the day. he only had carbs with breakfast and pre & postWO. u can only use so much protein so tht excess is just going 2 be wasted.

and its not really a protein only meal, veges and evoo aswell. but at tht time of the day u dont need as many carbs especially when ur trying to cut. the evening is when ur metabolism slows down so u use less calories. tht y i dont see the need for lots of carbs in the evening when cuting, still has some fats in there though.

Blog Entries
    thanks for input guys!

I will need to do few changes in this diet, yesterday I had first workout with this meal plan and definitely need to add more carbs as my workout sucked hard, I had almost no energy already when I started, lol, so its what you all suggested, but I guess I needed to try it on my own

another think with carbs is that when I work 12h a day, I am sitting on my a$$ whole day so my energy exp is minimal, will try to add carbs according to it

will reduce the evoo so I bring the fats little down and will look for some oats with less fat, and also I am thinking about buying some cassein powder for night as at evening, after workout I need to eat pwo meal, big last meal and cottage in 2h timeframe or in other way I will not get enough sleep

will also try to look into workout section for some routines

its not much but I lost already about 6lbs in 3 weeks after I changed my diet, which was the one in first post, so it should be only better now

gonna play with it today and come up with some changes

I will agree with most of what you're saying; we're on the same page. We're just nit-picking with each other if we argue about it. I prefer to ONLY have carbs in the AM and pre/post workout when I cut, but to each his own. I realize everyone is different.

P.S. When i say carbs, I mean any carb that will have any significant effect on insulin ; not fiber. Imo, the more green/fibrous veggies, the better.

stanleytapp is offline New Member
    Yes you have a great workout. Keep em up.

Thread Information