strong_web is offline Associate Member

2weeks - 195lb to 174lb

THIS DIET IS CRAZY, not feeling very weak but feel great, lifting same when I was 195, with abit more muscle pain.

But going to keep going for 12 weeks, and see were I get.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    What diet? Is your progress on another thread?

Yes,I had another post, the only bad part is I am losing muscle, I take its water lose, but when you get thinner your arm look bigger and cut.

But pretty much eat, eggs, yorgurt with amonlds, and protein shake, chicken and veggies, then chicken or tin tuna with veggies, if hunry after that I have cottage cheese or veggie, or a few scoops of yourt

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Why are you sacraficing all that lean muscle. What is the rush.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by strong_web View Post
    Yes,I had another post, the only bad part is I am losing muscle, I take its water lose, but when you get thinner your arm look bigger and cut.
    While muscle is composed of mostly water, water loss is not the same as muscle tissue loss. If you're losing water and looking better/more cut, that's great. If you are maintaining your lifts and not losing strength, I doubt you are losing muscle.

Having said that, 19lbs of weight loss in 2 weeks is not healthy. IDK what you're doing, but i'd switch it up ASAP. I can deal with a big number the first week due to water loss, but that shouldn't continue week after week. If you are dialed in and really losing bodyfat, 2lbs is the absolute most i'd want to see. If you keep going at this rate, I suspect you WILL lose muscle which would be a shame IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    While muscle is composed of mostly water, water loss is not the same as muscle tissue loss. If you're losing water and looking better/more cut, that's great. If you are maintaining your lifts and not losing strength, I doubt you are losing muscle.

Having said that, 19lbs of weight loss in 2 weeks is not healthy. IDK what you're doing, but i'd switch it up ASAP. I can deal with a big number the first week due to water loss, but that shouldn't continue week after week. If you are dialed in and really losing bodyfat, 2lbs is the absolute most i'd want to see. If you keep going at this rate, I suspect you WILL lose muscle which would be a shame IMO.
    I hear you on this, but I am still lifting same weight, I may up some meals, but this is the first time I had a really strong forcus of losing pounds, and I am sure I am losing water, but my gut has went down crazy, I am starting to see outlines of what I may call abs.

And I know 2lbs a week is what I am looking for and maybe from here on in that is what going to happen, but I havn't even started cardio yet, just lift everyday and eat same everyday with one cheat meal a week.

So hopfully this will pick up, cause losing more muscle will suck, water I fine with that.

But like I said at ork I am moving crazy, never stop keep going and I try to do thing hard and faster so I can put my cardio at work. I would like to put one of them cal step counter on and see what I am losing, cause I am sure at work I am losing most of my weight.
    Last edited by strong_web; 04-16-2011 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Why are you sacraficing all that lean muscle. What is the rush.
    Their is no rush really, but this is the first time my will power is letting me get away, IT HARD MAN, I have kids and wife that eat bag chip and the smell is like damn. as I sit there and want but can have.
    I put togather a salad with tuna and oil/spice, as they have fries and some greasy hamburger that I cooked for them.

I'm in the same boat here. I found myself 6 weeks ago with a gut that measured 37 inches. 4 years ago it would have been about 29-30. I have a wife and 4 kids and as you know, they rarly eat what we eat. I found myself very motivated to lose the gut so I only ate healthy foods. I tweaked my diet 2-3 times in the first 4 weeeks. I was making huge gains, losing half and inch off the gut every week. Its hard to slow down when you are seeing results. When I did my last diet with the macro's and calories I realized I was eating well under my maintenance. I stopped all cardio and and upped my calories 300. Even after that I'm still losing about the same amount of inches off my gut every week. I think you should take an honest look at the amount of calories you are eating each day. I think the number may surprise you. Muscle is hard to put on, so you don't want to burn in off with your motivation to lose the weight. Slow and steady. Good luck.

I'm in the same boat here. I found myself 6 weeks ago with a gut that measured 37 inches. 4 years ago it would have been about 29-30. I have a wife and 4 kids and as you know, they rarly eat what we eat. I found myself very motivated to lose the gut so I only ate healthy foods. I tweaked my diet 2-3 times in the first 4 weeeks. I was making huge gains, losing half and inch off the gut every week. Its hard to slow down when you are seeing results. When I did my last diet with the macro's and calories I realized I was eating well under my maintenance. I stopped all cardio and and upped my calories 300. Even after that I'm still losing about the same amount of inches off my gut every week. I think you should take an honest look at the amount of calories you are eating each day. I think the number may surprise you. Muscle is hard to put on, so you don't want to burn in off with your motivation to lose the weight. Slow and steady. Good luck.
    Yeah man forsure, I am going to take a look, going to start adding in some nartal peanut butter to my shake, and maybe add oatmeal to the morning, since morning is my carb time.

Still dropping, last night I ate two plates of pasta and garlic bread and some junk, and still dropping, got up and weight 173

Today, I made oatmeal pancakes for BK, and there were alright still need some work to them, but the good news is I am only losing 3lbs a week now. So I think I am on the right track.

why don't you post everything your eating with the macros and we can see if there is any more room for improvement.

I would man, but I am kind of added and taking and making my own kind of deal with what I got. But when I get the time I will try, I just go with what my body wants and I am still hitting same bench and curls, and my gut gone down 2 1/2 inchs in 3 weeks, So from seeing this, and doing what I am doing, I am not really needed any improvement, not saying I am perfect cause there is ALWAY room for imrovement, but I am feeling pretty great.

But this weekend may put a damper on the diet, cause both sides to my faimly like food, and tonight I had my cheat and maybe tomorrow to, but since I had 24lb in 3 weeks lost I am not feeling to bad.

But today cheat for me, for easter dinner was...
    1/2CUP Potato(when cut in half small size ones)
    Turkey (not sure how much but half plate with gravey)
    veggie (but veggies were made with some kind of dressing which WAS most likly fatty stuff)
    And about 2 slice of bread

So thinking tomorrow I may get away with alittle extra then I should.

I just go with what my body wants and I am still hitting same bench and curls, and my gut gone down 2 1/2 inchs in 3 weeks, So from seeing this, and doing what I am doing, I am not really needed any improvement, not saying I am perfect cause there is ALWAY room for imrovement, but I am feeling pretty great.

I know how your feeling, but giving you body what it wanst and giving it what it needs are two completly different things. By puting your diet down on paper and keeping it consistent you are in a much better situation to give you body what it needs. Your body is going to stop dropping weight on your current diet and you will be well short of your goal. At this point your going to have to re-evaluate your diet to get the rest of it off. So the sooner you can get your diet dialed in the better, your going to have to do it eventualy anyway. Good luck and keep the progress going.

I know how your feeling, but giving you body what it wanst and giving it what it needs are two completly different things. By puting your diet down on paper and keeping it consistent you are in a much better situation to give you body what it needs. Your body is going to stop dropping weight on your current diet and you will be well short of your goal. At this point your going to have to re-evaluate your diet to get the rest of it off. So the sooner you can get your diet dialed in the better, your going to have to do it eventualy anyway. Good luck and keep the progress going.
    Thanks man, I will try and get the info.

WELL Nephets, I think I need more protein, but heres my daily input, Its abit higher I think cause there is a few times I have a protein shake after workout and 1/2 cup of yougurt near bed.
    So my protein which is most important here, would be around 130 with the extra, which is still low....

3:00AM 5 eggs large - (cal 420) - (fat- 30) - (Carbs - 4) - (Pro - 31)
    4:45AM 1 Large Banana - (cal 109) - (fat - 1) - (carbs - 28) - (Pro - 1)
    5:00am LG Coffee with milk - (cals20) - (fat - 1) - (carbs 2) - (pro - 1)
    At work
    9:00am Yogurt lowfat - (cals 154) - (fat 4) - (carbs 17) -(pro - 13)
    Almonds in yogurt- (cal 69) - (fat 6) - (carbs 2) - (pro 3)
    Strawberries cup - (cal 46) - (fat 1) - (carb 11) - (pro - 1)

11:00am Whey Isolate 37g - (cal 140) - (fat0) - (carbs 4) - (pro 30)
    1:00pm Chicken 1.5 boneless breast (cal 83) -(fat 3)-(carb 0) - (pro 13)

AT HOME - WORKOUT
    Depend when I eat I may put a protein shake in after workout.

5:00-6 Tuna can - (cal 194) - (fat 1) - (carbs 0) - (pro 43)
    Cup of green veggies

Give or take intake a day:

Cal - 1,024
    Fat - 45
    Carbs - 66
    Protein - 91

Also I may which it up with oatmeal instead of eggs 2x a week in morning?

WELL Nephets, I think I need more protein, but heres my daily input, Its abit higher I think cause there is a few times I have a protein shake after workout and 1/2 cup of yougurt near bed.
    So my protein which is most important here, would be around 130 with the extra, which is still low....

3:00AM 5 eggs large - (cal 420) - (fat- 30) - (Carbs - 4) - (Pro - 31) Add some rolled oats here.
    4:45AM 1 Large Banana - (cal 109) - (fat - 1) - (carbs - 28) - (Pro - 1)
    5:00am LG Coffee with milk - (cals20) - (fat - 1) - (carbs 2) - (pro - 1)Do you have time to eat a meal at 6am. big gap between your 3am meal and your 9am meal.
    At work
    9:00am Yogurt lowfat - (cals 154) - (fat 4) - (carbs 17) -(pro - 13) eat two of these
    Strawberries cup - (cal 46) - (fat 1) - (carb 11) - (pro - 1)dump this
    11:00am Whey Isolate 37g - (cal 140) - (fat0) - (carbs 4) - (pro 30) you should never have a protein only meal. Add your almonds here and get some good fat.
    1:00pm Chicken 1.5 boneless breast (cal 83) -(fat 3)-(carb 0) - (pro 13)same as here. Add sweet potato or some oats to give you energy for your workout.
    AT HOME - WORKOUT
    Depend when I eat I may put a protein shake in after workout. If this is you POW meal then you need to add carbs here. Same as above, oats or sweet potato.

5:00-6 Tuna can - (cal 194) - (fat 1) - (carbs 0) - (pro 43) Add some good fat here
    Cup of green veggies

Give or take intake a day:

Cal - 1,024
    Fat - 45
    Carbs - 66
    Protein - 91
    Your right your protein is way too low It should be roughly 1-1.5 of you body weight. But more importantly your calories are crazy low. I see why you have been dropping weight at an alarming rate, even when your cheating. You have to start adding food and calories to prevent lean muscle loss. You will still see results but at a little slower pace. See the bold above. You should try to add another meal at 6 if you have time or at 9pm for extra calories and protein before you go to bed. Your up early so I'm not sure what time you sleep. You should try to be 5-600 calories below what you body needs on a daily basis. 1K calories in a day is just way too low.
    Last edited by Nephets; 04-23-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Yeah from 6 - 9 its hard, cause I am at work and we don't nail a break in till then, But I am going to try and get some sweet potato going, I love them! Maybe I will pick some up Monday, For now oat can do.
    BUT WHEN YOU SAY ROLLER OATS - What are you getting to, I could maybe make up a few pancake of oats and freeze them for now?
    ?

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are only taking in about 1000 cals a day that is a huge problem, you need to double that ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    If you are only taking in about 1000 cals a day that is a huge problem, you need to double that ASAP.
    I hear you on this, and I am trying to work out something, getting more oats and natral peanut butter to shakes, trying to make it more higher, Its crazy though cause I am still killing the weight, like when I was 24lb heavyer

Yeah from 6 - 9 its hard, cause I am at work and we don't nail a break in till then, But I am going to try and get some sweet potato going, I love them! Maybe I will pick some up Monday, For now oat can do.
    BUT WHEN YOU SAY ROLLER OATS - What are you getting to, I could maybe make up a few pancake of oats and freeze them for now?
    ?
    Rolled oats are a complex carb that will give your body much needed energy after a long time with no food. It doesn't realy matter how you eat them. Some people throw them in the blender and add them to a shake. The point is, you have to eat more food. Lean muscle will help you burn fat, so you don't want to burn it all off with an extreme diet. Can you add another meal before bed.

Rolled oats are a complex carb that will give your body much needed energy after a long time with no food. It doesn't realy matter how you eat them. Some people throw them in the blender and add them to a shake. The point is, you have to eat more food. Lean muscle will help you burn fat, so you don't want to burn it all off with an extreme diet. Can you add another meal before bed.
    I have quick oat, like add water and heat?

I'm sure thats the stuff, its not oatmeal, but rolled oats. As for the strenght increase, its prob just muscle memory. I'm in the same boat now. Still losing weight, still getting stronger. I'm sure im not creating any new muscle even though I'm much stronger than I was just a month ago. I may have some new muscle but nothing to account for the huge strength gains. Getting your diet down is a process and it takes a while to get it dialed in. At least with it down on paper with the proper macros, you're no longer guessing what your taking in. For good or bad, you know exactly where your at and can make informed changes from there. Tweak your diet again adding calories and protien and repost it and we can take another look at it.

Well with the muslce part, I am seeing more def. So I am sure some of that fat I am burning is getting tranfer into muslce, just not bulk, which can only be done when gaining and most of it is water, so I am happy that I have my true muscle showing now and hopefully in 9weeks when my goal comes to a end I will be at my goal. and I can start adding in some good food for bigger build. But for now I am going to keep forused on Dieting, and try to get under 2dig bodyfat.

Well thanks to jesus and making this easter weekend, I have enjoy my time off work, back tomorrow. But the meal were not what I needed. But I felt if I didn't eat there food and brought my own food that would be wrong. So I follow my diet till dinner and one night had,
    Turkey - not to bad
    Potato - abit on the off side
    and veggie and some gravey

2nd night-
    Little piece of ham
    turkey
    more potato (WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAY HAVE TO MAKE POTATOS)
    Veggie and mix into a cesar salad

and last to top it off piece of cheese cake(damn this was great)

Then I came home and had 3/4 bag of popcorn and some of the kids chocolate.

I guess this was my cheat that was times by 2, in the end got up and back to my daily diet had my coffee and eggs and was 172lb on scale, so from what it said yesterday 171, not feeling that bad at all...

Made some, protein bars, so I can fill in my long time not eating, going to bring it on the floor tomorrow.

AS of today I am almost done my 5 weeks diet, still got 7 weeks to go, but I am losing too much, and starting to feel abit weaker, I am down to 166lb the past friday. This was my start out and I have been trying to change thing to it, but only have enough money to get food, and my kids come first.

3:00AM 5 eggs large - (cal 420) - (fat- 30) - (Carbs - 4) - (Pro - 31) (As of now I am trying to get down oats and fruit, going to try to add protein shake to it tomorrow, eggs I am getting tomorrow)
    4:45AM 1 Large Banana - (cal 109) - (fat - 1) - (carbs - 28) - (Pro - 1)(banana or something fruit)
    5:00am LG Coffee with milk - (cals20) - (fat - 1) - (carbs 2) - (pro - 1)
    At work
    9:00am Yogurt lowfat - (cals 154) - (fat 4) - (carbs 17) -(pro - 13)
    Strawberries cup - (cal 46) - (fat 1) - (carb 11) - (pro - 1)(or some kind of fruit)

11:00am Whey Isolate 37g - (cal 140) - (fat0) - (carbs 4) - (pro 30)
    1:00pm Chicken 1.5 boneless breast (cal 83) -(fat 3)-(carb 0) - (pro 13) (with veggie or 1large size of sweet potato)

AT HOME - WORKOUT
    Depend when I eat I may put a protein shake in after workout.

5:00-6 Tuna can - (cal 194) - (fat 1) - (carbs 0) - (pro 43)(steak lately or chicken)
    Cup of green veggies

Before bed I may take a few spoons of yogurt!

Now I know I am very low in cal and not getting enough and this is why I am maybe getting weaker when it comes to gym time.

Tomorrow I am going out to get some food but wouldn't have anymore then 60 to spend till thur. What should I get

Thread Information