Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: * * * IF (intermittent fasting) Diets - post your opinions and experience here * * *

Greyeyes is offline New Member
    lol. right on dude. 16 hours total with a workout at the 9.5 hour mark.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    lol thanks!! 16 hours is perfect, basically you're still following the Leangains protocol.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know about all that, but I've been skipping breakfast for a month now, have a big glass of water and a cup of coffee.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Dnt know wether to switch over to this for just over 3 weeks up untill xmass....

hmmmmmm

Ive just dropped my carbs in half in one go, bang from 400/450 down to 200, added T3 for the first time and I can say im shocked after only 10 days how much leaner I have gotten... I cant w8 to see what the next 3 weeks brings as I increase cardio

I may save this IF'ing for my final get ripped cut next year before summer and show what I believe it can achieve

Eat clean, count calories, drink water, workout hard and treat yourself to a nice twelve week cycle of AAS for Christmas and another at the 4th of July and you will accomplish great things!

I like this diet and will stick with it until i reach my goal of 10% BF. What do you all think about this diet with AAS? And Baseline, I read your IF log that you postponed and am curious as to what youre doing now. just curious because it seems by your post above that you are still dieting.

Well, liking a diet is a great start, the best diet you can have is one you will stick with! How often are you posting pictures?

I'm brand new to the forum. I haven't posted any pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyeyes View Post
    I like this diet and will stick with it until i reach my goal of 10% BF. What do you all think about this diet with AAS? And Baseline, I read your IF log that you postponed and am curious as to what youre doing now. just curious because it seems by your post above that you are still dieting.
    I'm just doing a standard diet... Nothing fancey

300g Protein
    200g Carbs
    50g Fat (approx)

Cardio 4/5 times per week 35 mins currently, going up 5 mins per week...

Diet ends 24th Dec
    Last edited by baseline_9; 12-01-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Greyeyes, POST SOME PICS.

I have three and a half weeks to drop some bodyfat and get my muscle completely back so I can get crazy strong after a massive feast on J.C.'s Birthday!

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    For me the best thing about IF and what people often overlook is that your strength actually increases while dieting. I have tried just about every form of cutting and this is the first one where Im not just maintaining Im getting stronger. About 2 months in I tried to switch back to standard 6 meal plan and ALL of my lifts went down, not a lot, but they went down. Went back to IF and I was good to go.....Ive been doing 16/8, just because its what fits my lifestyle best, and I have to train in the evening so I have 2 small meals with 20% of my daily calories in each, and then 1 big feast PWO with 60% of my cals. But I know several people who train fasted and have ZERO issues with energy or strength. I would do the same but my daily routine jsut doesnt allow it............In regards to what Marcus asked, I would see it being an issue for larger individuals. Im 200lbs around 10%bf, so I only eat about 2800 calories a day, with about 1700 of those in my PWO meal, I could probably do about 2000 in that meal, but any more than that would be a challenge (or as stated earlier would lead to calorie-dense junk food). So for you beasts up around 250+ and 12%bf or less, probably wouldnt work.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Nice info abbot183, I just started this Sunday and am liking it so far. Only problem I have at the moment is hunger pains but I read this should subside soon. Trying to cut

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Havent read the whole thread.

I will just post how I did my IF protocal.

I fasted 14 hours. Ate/slept during the other 10.

I DID have a whole food meal before the gym. That was my fast breaking meal. Usually just Whey and Oats.

Then Id basically eat whatever I wanted after the gym... until I went to bed. I did try to keep it clean. But some cookie dough, or ice cream, or whatnot would find its way in there somehow. lol.

I got pretty lean, pretty quick.

Ill post a pic of the results. I dont have any real before pics. But I got lean... thats all you need to know.

Attachment 118824
    Last edited by Dukkit; 12-20-2011 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Nice info abbot183, I just started this Sunday and am liking it so far. Only problem I have at the moment is hunger pains but I read this should subside soon. Trying to cut
    Black coffee helps hunger pains and is allowed during the fast.

Purpose of the fast isnt just about starving yourself. Its also about not causing any insulin spikes so that your body keeps using fat cells for energy. Black caffeinated coffee produces a negligible response *while in a fasted state. (from the studies Ive read)
    Last edited by Dukkit; 12-15-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks dukkkit, black coffee (w/ splenda) is the only thing keeping me sane!

Dukkit, you definitely got lean there but personally I like the sexy beast you are today!! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Dukkit, you definitely got lean there but personally I like the sexy beast you are today!! lol!
    Perv. Knew that was you outside in the bushes the other night

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    Perv. Knew that was you outside in the bushes the other night
    You know you enjoyed being peeped out...

I'm really diggin' this philosophy. I don't have a problem with regular fasting anyway, so it would be easy for me to incorporate it. Plus, if strength goes up and you get shredded, how could you go wrong?

TB - if you're considering trying it, do yourself a solid and check out Leangains dot com. Martin has a TON of useful info on his site.

Thanks GB. I do love the sounds of it. I've made a deal with StEM after Christmas for him to write my diet and me to write his workout, see if we can't fix each others body better than we fix our own. It's so much easier for me to make someone else do something that it is to make myself!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    Thanks GB. I do love the sounds of it. I've made a deal with StEM after Christmas for him to write my diet and me to write his workout, see if we can't fix each others body better than we fix our own. It's so much easier for me to make someone else do something that it is to make myself!
    Stem, eh? I guess i'm yesterday's news!!!

lol, i'm just kidding bro - Stem is a solid guy and knows his stuff, he won't steer you wrong!

Well, since you can't seem to find your way to my thread... I've posted updated pics and need your eye to tell me how much progress I made in 12 days. Also, you are currently snuggled up to Nark, so there was nothing I could have offered you in return for your services and you know how I hate to "owe" you!

Well, since you can't seem to find your way to my thread... I've posted updated pics and need your eye to tell me how much progress I made in 12 days. Also, you are currently snuggled up to Nark, so there was nothing I could have offered you in return for your services and you know how I hate to "owe" you!
    As you already know, i've found my way back!!

As you already know, i've found my way back!!
    I missed you, thanks for taking the time to stop by, your wisdom, insight and eye are always encouraged and welcomed!

in regards to IF. when you were running this type of diet, did you ever get the chills and feel cold?

^^ never. Is this happening while you're fasted? If so, how many hours into the fast?

^^ never. Is this happening while you're fasted? If so, how many hours into the fast?
    it happened this morning about 8-10:30, so the 12-14 hour mark. i am not sick nor do i feel bad. i did have some black coffee that helped with the hunger pains and after that, i kept getting the chills. i also am sweating bad underneath my arms, no wheres else. i am still trying to get my body use to this type of feeding. sometimes i feel as if i am a diabetic or something, but have been tested and i am not. this is day 12 on it so maybe my body just needs to adapt more.
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 12-22-2011 at 11:20 AM.

I hope that's all it is.

I hope that's all it is.
    just broke my fast, feel so much better and full of energy!

joshh is offline Associate Member
    going to give IF another shot, how does the diet look?

08.30am - Wake - 10g BCAA's

09.00am - Weight Training

10.00am - 400g chicken 115/0/7/525, 250g brown basmati rice 9/64/5/340 | 124/64/12/865

01.00pm - 175g tuna 29/1/15/254, 45g whey 36/3/1/165, 75g oats 10/40/7/285 | 75/44/23/504

06.00pm - 200g kangaroo 46/2/0/196, 125g brown rice 4/36/5/211 | 50/38/5/407

08.00pm - 10g BCAA's

08.30pm - 1 hour low intensity cardio

total 249/146/40/1776

joshh is offline Associate Member
    should i cut out the 1 hour cardio seeing as i'm on 1800cal?

Bumping this since IF seems to be seeing a resurgence on this board lately!

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^That's my fault.lol

Why try IF....

Courtesy of PubMed and JnutBio.... If you wan full papers search for the titles in google, most are pay per view however...

1 - Beneficial effects of intermittent fasting and caloric restriction on the cardiovascular and cerebrovascular systems

Intermittent fasting (IF; reduced meal frequency) and caloric restriction (CR) extend lifespan and increase resistance to age-related diseases in rodents and monkeys and improve the health of overweight humans. Both IF and CR enhance cardiovascular and brain functions and improve several risk factors for coronary artery disease and stroke including a reduction in blood pressure and increased insulin sensitivity. Cardiovascular stress adaptation is improved and heart rate variability is increased in rodents maintained on an IF or a CR diet. Moreover, rodents maintained on an IF regimen exhibit increased resistance of heart and brain cells to ischemic injury in experimental models of myocardial infarction and stroke. The beneficial effects of IF and CR result from at least two mechanisms — reduced oxidative damage and increased cellular stress resistance. Recent findings suggest that some of the beneficial effects of IF on both the cardiovascular system and the brain are mediated by brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling in the brain. Interestingly, cellular and molecular effects of IF and CR on the cardiovascular system and the brain are similar to those of regular physical exercise, suggesting shared mechanisms. A better understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms by which IF and CR affect the blood vessels and heart and brain cells will likely lead to novel preventative and therapeutic strategies for extending health span.

2 - Effect of intermittent fasting and refeeding on insulin action in healthy men

Insulin resistance is currently a major health problem. This may be because of a marked decrease in daily physical activity during recent decades combined with constant food abundance. This lifestyle collides with our genome, which was most likely selected in the late Paleolithic era (50,000–10,000 BC) by criteria that favored survival in an environment characterized by fluctuations between periods of feast and famine. The theory of thrifty genes states that these fluctuations are required for optimal metabolic function. We mimicked the fluctuations in eight healthy young men [25.0 ± 0.1 yr (mean ± SE); body mass index: 25.7 ± 0.4 kg/m2] by subjecting them to intermittent fasting every second day for 20 h for 15 days. Eugly***ic hyperinsulinemic (40 mU·min–1·m–2) clamps were performed before and after the intervention period. Subjects maintained body weight (86.4 ± 2.3 kg; coefficient of variation: 0.8 ± 0.1%). Plasma free fatty acid and -hydroxybutyrate concentrations were 347 ± 18 and 0.06 ± 0.02 mM, respectively, after overnight fast but increased (P < 0.05) to 423 ± 86 and 0.10 ± 0.04 mM after 20-h fasting, confirming that the subjects were fasting. Insulin-mediated whole body glucose uptake rates increased from 6.3 ± 0.6 to 7.3 ± 0.3 mg·kg–1·min–1 (P = 0.03), and insulin-induced inhibition of adipose tissue lipolysis was more prominent after than before the intervention (P = 0.05). After the 20-h fasting periods, plasma adiponectin was increased compared with the basal levels before and after the intervention (5,922 ± 991 vs. 3,860 ± 784 ng/ml, P = 0.02). This experiment is the first in humans to show that intermittent fasting increases insulin-mediated glucose uptake rates, and the findings are compatible with the thrifty gene concept.

3 - Weight loss is greater with consumption of large morning meals and fat-free mass is preserved with large evening meals in women on a controlled weight reduction regimen.

The purpose of this study was to determine whether meal ingestion pattern [large morning meals (AM) vs. large evening meals (PM)] affects changes in body weight, body composition or energy utilization during weight loss. Ten women completed a metabolic ward study of 3-wk weight stabilization followed by 12 wk of weight loss with a moderately energy restricted diet [mean energy intake +/- SD = 107 +/- 6 kJ/(kg.d)] and regular exercise. The weight loss phase was divided into two 6-wk periods. During period 1, 70% of daily energy intake was taken as two meals in the AM (n = 4) or in the PM (n = 6). Subjects crossed over to the alternate meal time in period 2. Both weight loss and fat-free mass loss were greater with the AM than the PM meal pattern: 3.90 +/- 0.19 vs. 3.27 +/- 0.26 kg/6 wk, P < 0.05, and 1.28 +/- 0.14 vs. 0.25 +/- 0.16 kg/6 wk, P < 0.001, respectively. Change in fat mass and loss of body energy were affected by order of meal pattern ingestion. The PM pattern resulted in greater loss of fat mass in period 1 (P < 0.01) but not in period 2. Likewise, resting mid-afternoon fat oxidation rate was higher with the PM pattern in period 1 (P < 0.05) but not in period 2, corresponding with the fat mass changes. To conclude, ingestion of larger AM meals resulted in slightly greater weight loss, but ingestion of larger PM meals resulted in better maintenance of fat-free mass. Thus, incorporation of larger PM meals in a weight loss regimen may be important in minimizing the loss of fat-free mass.

4 - Chronobiological aspects of weight loss in obesity: effects of different meal timing regimens.

A series of short- and long-lasting experimental protocols of different meal timing regimes were performed in obese subjects to assess the possible occurrence of (1) a different metabolic fate of nutrients; (2) a phase shift of circadian rhythms of metabolic and hormonal parameters strictly related to nutrition; (3) a different weight loss. (A) In a short-lasting protocol (3 days) 15 obese subjects were fed a hypocaloric diet (684 kcal/day) (a) at 10 hr only, (b) at 1800 hr only; (c) at 1000 hr, 1400 hr and 1800 hr, or (d) studied during a 36-hr fasting. Measures of calorimetry (R.Q., CHO and lipid oxidations, energy expenditure), hormones (plasma cortisol, insulin, HGH, urinary catecholamines), urinary electrolytes (Na, K) and vital parameters (body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure) were carried out at 4-hr intervals for three days. A significantly higher lipid oxidation and a lower CHO oxidation were documented with the meal at 1800 hr, in comparison with the meal at 1000 hr. CHO and lipid oxidation circadian rhythms appeared the most affected by meal timing. (B) In a long-lasting protocol (18 days) 10 obese subjects were fed the same hypocaloric diet (a) at 1000 hr only and (b) at 1800 hr only. Calorimetric measures were performed every other day for 2 hr preceding each meal. Before and after the 18-days single meal period, body temperature, plasma cortisol, PRL and TSH were recorded (delta t = 4 hr). A higher lipid oxidation and a lower CHO oxidation were again demonstrated with the meal at 18 hr. Minimal changes of hormonal circadian rhythms were documented suggesting that the hypothalamus-hypophysis network is scarcely affected by meal timing. Weight loss did not vary in both short- and long-term protocol.

5 - Greater weight loss and hormonal changes after 6 months diet with carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner.

Assuming controll and experiment were both the same diet this hold some weight.... I have not got the full paper

This study was designed to investigate the effect of a low-calorie diet with carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner on anthropometric, hunger/satiety, biochemical, and inflammatory parameters. Hormonal secretions were also evaluated. Seventy-eight police officers (BMI >30) were randomly assigned to experimental (carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner) or control weight loss diets for 6 months. On day 0, 7, 90, and 180 blood samples and hunger scores were collected every 4 h from 0800 to 2000 hours. Anthropometric measurements were collected throughout the study. Greater weight loss, abdominal circumference, and body fat mass reductions were observed in the experimental diet in comparison to controls. Hunger scores were lower and greater improvements in fasting glucose, average daily insulin concentrations, and homeostasis model assessment for insulin resistance (HOMA(IR)), T-cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, C-reactive protein (CRP), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), and interleukin-6 (IL-6) levels were observed in comparison to controls. The experimental diet modified daily leptin and adiponectin concentrations compared to those observed at baseline and to a control diet. A simple dietary manipulation of carbohydrate distribution appears to have additional benefits when compared to a conventional weight loss diet in individuals suffering from obesity. It might also be beneficial for individuals suffering from insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome. Further research is required to confirm and clarify the mechanisms by which this relatively simple diet approach enhances satiety, leads to better anthropometric outcomes, and achieves improved metabolic response, compared to a more conventional dietary approach.

Thanks Base. Good Read!

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Wow.... did I just read this whole thread start to finish.... yup, I did!

This is awesome.... LOVE the idea. GB, I know we talked a few weeks back about how fat I let myself get and I never did get around to sending those pics.... but I spent the morning in the gym for the first time on over 6 months!! I slapped together a bunch of meals for today and planned on getting my shit together.... now after reading this thread I am gonna do this diet up starting tomorrow and to be accountable to my fat ass, I am gonna start a thread show pics of all my fatness and put this bitch to the test for 8-12 weeks. My goal is to drop 40lbs of fat and I may or may not use a custom made cutting supplement... This should be fun considering I am in the high 20% BF at the moment.

I am super excited to try this out... Its on like Donkey Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post

This is awesome.... LOVE the idea. GB, I know we talked a few weeks back about how fat I let myself get and I never did get around to sending those pics.... but I spent the morning in the gym for the first time on over 6 months!! I slapped together a bunch of meals for today and planned on getting my shit together.... now after reading this thread I am gonna do this diet up starting tomorrow and to be accountable to my fat ass, I am gonna start a thread show pics of all my fatness and put this bitch to the test for 8-12 weeks. My goal is to drop 40lbs of fat and I may or may not use a custom made cutting supplement... This should be fun considering I am in the high 20% BF at the moment.

Good Luck. I would definitely start a log. It will help keep you accountable to your diet and training. There's been times that I didn't want to go to the Gym, but I got off my ass and went anyway because the last thing I wanted to do was tell everyone on my log that I wimped out. It's helped a great deal for me. I don't know why more people don't do it!

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Courtesy of PubMed and JnutBio.... If you wan full papers search for the titles in google, most are pay per view however...

1 - Beneficial effects of intermittent fasting and caloric restriction on the cardiovascular and cerebrovascular systems

Intermittent fasting (IF; reduced meal frequency) and caloric restriction (CR) extend lifespan and increase resistance to age-related diseases in rodents and monkeys and improve the health of overweight humans. Both IF and CR enhance cardiovascular and brain functions and improve several risk factors for coronary artery disease and stroke including a reduction in blood pressure and increased insulin sensitivity. Cardiovascular stress adaptation is improved and heart rate variability is increased in rodents maintained on an IF or a CR diet. Moreover, rodents maintained on an IF regimen exhibit increased resistance of heart and brain cells to ischemic injury in experimental models of myocardial infarction and stroke. The beneficial effects of IF and CR result from at least two mechanisms — reduced oxidative damage and increased cellular stress resistance. Recent findings suggest that some of the beneficial effects of IF on both the cardiovascular system and the brain are mediated by brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling in the brain. Interestingly, cellular and molecular effects of IF and CR on the cardiovascular system and the brain are similar to those of regular physical exercise, suggesting shared mechanisms. A better understanding of the cellular and molecular mechanisms by which IF and CR affect the blood vessels and heart and brain cells will likely lead to novel preventative and therapeutic strategies for extending health span.

2 - Effect of intermittent fasting and refeeding on insulin action in healthy men

Insulin resistance is currently a major health problem. This may be because of a marked decrease in daily physical activity during recent decades combined with constant food abundance. This lifestyle collides with our genome, which was most likely selected in the late Paleolithic era (50,000–10,000 BC) by criteria that favored survival in an environment characterized by fluctuations between periods of feast and famine. The theory of thrifty genes states that these fluctuations are required for optimal metabolic function. We mimicked the fluctuations in eight healthy young men [25.0 ± 0.1 yr (mean ± SE); body mass index: 25.7 ± 0.4 kg/m2] by subjecting them to intermittent fasting every second day for 20 h for 15 days. Eugly***ic hyperinsulinemic (40 mU·min–1·m–2) clamps were performed before and after the intervention period. Subjects maintained body weight (86.4 ± 2.3 kg; coefficient of variation: 0.8 ± 0.1%). Plasma free fatty acid and -hydroxybutyrate concentrations were 347 ± 18 and 0.06 ± 0.02 mM, respectively, after overnight fast but increased (P < 0.05) to 423 ± 86 and 0.10 ± 0.04 mM after 20-h fasting, confirming that the subjects were fasting. Insulin-mediated whole body glucose uptake rates increased from 6.3 ± 0.6 to 7.3 ± 0.3 mg·kg–1·min–1 (P = 0.03), and insulin-induced inhibition of adipose tissue lipolysis was more prominent after than before the intervention (P = 0.05). After the 20-h fasting periods, plasma adiponectin was increased compared with the basal levels before and after the intervention (5,922 ± 991 vs. 3,860 ± 784 ng/ml, P = 0.02). This experiment is the first in humans to show that intermittent fasting increases insulin-mediated glucose uptake rates, and the findings are compatible with the thrifty gene concept.

3 - Weight loss is greater with consumption of large morning meals and fat-free mass is preserved with large evening meals in women on a controlled weight reduction regimen.

The purpose of this study was to determine whether meal ingestion pattern [large morning meals (AM) vs. large evening meals (PM)] affects changes in body weight, body composition or energy utilization during weight loss. Ten women completed a metabolic ward study of 3-wk weight stabilization followed by 12 wk of weight loss with a moderately energy restricted diet [mean energy intake +/- SD = 107 +/- 6 kJ/(kg.d)] and regular exercise. The weight loss phase was divided into two 6-wk periods. During period 1, 70% of daily energy intake was taken as two meals in the AM (n = 4) or in the PM (n = 6). Subjects crossed over to the alternate meal time in period 2. Both weight loss and fat-free mass loss were greater with the AM than the PM meal pattern: 3.90 +/- 0.19 vs. 3.27 +/- 0.26 kg/6 wk, P < 0.05, and 1.28 +/- 0.14 vs. 0.25 +/- 0.16 kg/6 wk, P < 0.001, respectively. Change in fat mass and loss of body energy were affected by order of meal pattern ingestion. The PM pattern resulted in greater loss of fat mass in period 1 (P < 0.01) but not in period 2. Likewise, resting mid-afternoon fat oxidation rate was higher with the PM pattern in period 1 (P < 0.05) but not in period 2, corresponding with the fat mass changes. To conclude, ingestion of larger AM meals resulted in slightly greater weight loss, but ingestion of larger PM meals resulted in better maintenance of fat-free mass. Thus, incorporation of larger PM meals in a weight loss regimen may be important in minimizing the loss of fat-free mass.

4 - Chronobiological aspects of weight loss in obesity: effects of different meal timing regimens.

A series of short- and long-lasting experimental protocols of different meal timing regimes were performed in obese subjects to assess the possible occurrence of (1) a different metabolic fate of nutrients; (2) a phase shift of circadian rhythms of metabolic and hormonal parameters strictly related to nutrition; (3) a different weight loss. (A) In a short-lasting protocol (3 days) 15 obese subjects were fed a hypocaloric diet (684 kcal/day) (a) at 10 hr only, (b) at 1800 hr only; (c) at 1000 hr, 1400 hr and 1800 hr, or (d) studied during a 36-hr fasting. Measures of calorimetry (R.Q., CHO and lipid oxidations, energy expenditure), hormones (plasma cortisol, insulin, HGH, urinary catecholamines), urinary electrolytes (Na, K) and vital parameters (body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure) were carried out at 4-hr intervals for three days. A significantly higher lipid oxidation and a lower CHO oxidation were documented with the meal at 1800 hr, in comparison with the meal at 1000 hr. CHO and lipid oxidation circadian rhythms appeared the most affected by meal timing. (B) In a long-lasting protocol (18 days) 10 obese subjects were fed the same hypocaloric diet (a) at 1000 hr only and (b) at 1800 hr only. Calorimetric measures were performed every other day for 2 hr preceding each meal. Before and after the 18-days single meal period, body temperature, plasma cortisol, PRL and TSH were recorded (delta t = 4 hr). A higher lipid oxidation and a lower CHO oxidation were again demonstrated with the meal at 18 hr. Minimal changes of hormonal circadian rhythms were documented suggesting that the hypothalamus-hypophysis network is scarcely affected by meal timing. Weight loss did not vary in both short- and long-term protocol.

5 - Greater weight loss and hormonal changes after 6 months diet with carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner.

Assuming controll and experiment were both the same diet this hold some weight.... I have not got the full paper

This study was designed to investigate the effect of a low-calorie diet with carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner on anthropometric, hunger/satiety, biochemical, and inflammatory parameters. Hormonal secretions were also evaluated. Seventy-eight police officers (BMI >30) were randomly assigned to experimental (carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner) or control weight loss diets for 6 months. On day 0, 7, 90, and 180 blood samples and hunger scores were collected every 4 h from 0800 to 2000 hours. Anthropometric measurements were collected throughout the study. Greater weight loss, abdominal circumference, and body fat mass reductions were observed in the experimental diet in comparison to controls. Hunger scores were lower and greater improvements in fasting glucose, average daily insulin concentrations, and homeostasis model assessment for insulin resistance (HOMA(IR)), T-cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, C-reactive protein (CRP), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), and interleukin-6 (IL-6) levels were observed in comparison to controls. The experimental diet modified daily leptin and adiponectin concentrations compared to those observed at baseline and to a control diet. A simple dietary manipulation of carbohydrate distribution appears to have additional benefits when compared to a conventional weight loss diet in individuals suffering from obesity. It might also be beneficial for individuals suffering from insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome. Further research is required to confirm and clarify the mechanisms by which this relatively simple diet approach enhances satiety, leads to better anthropometric outcomes, and achieves improved metabolic response, compared to a more conventional dietary approach.
    Awesomeness Base, thanks!!!

I just did the same... again!

lol, I posted in your thread today bro, you have my full support!!!

Thread Information