aussie_bodybuilda is offline Associate Member

what do you eat/drink when u wake up in the middle of night to go to the toilet?

what do you eat/drink when u wake up in the middle of night to go to the toilet?
    and why ?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Water because I'm thirsty

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A glass of water, it suppresses my thirst and hydrates my body. Also improves my digestion, as I have witnessed over the years...

yeh but sum ppl actually eat food at those times or drink protein shakes which i find hard to believe... i might try it tho im worried i wont be able to get back 2 sleep.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_bodybuilda View Post
    yeh but sum ppl actually eat food at those times or drink protein shakes which i find hard to believe... i might try it tho im worried i wont be able to get back 2 sleep.
    Well, I do not see the point in getting up and eating in the middle of the night as long as you eat a slow digesting last meal and unless you are getting ready for a pro competition. We all know Jay Cutler wakes up and eats in the middle of the night for his own reasons. Kai Greene won't do it for instance, and look he is getting bigger everyday... I also know people who wake up to go the bathroom and drink a whey shake before they go back to sleep. It is a bad idea unless it is Casein they are drinking.

I eat a big old lean steak with a huge salad as my last pm meal, which is followed by 2 scoops of Casein 30 mins. before I go to bed. I sleep about 7 hours a day and only drink water when I get up in the middle of the night. I am never worried about catabolism taking over while asleep with this diet.

strong_web is offline Associate Member
    Ya man, I think I seen this in two post now, about getting up in the middle of night and eating, I think it was you aussie, but other then that I left my words in there and I will leave them here also.

But the guys above me, pretty much tee it off for you, casein is about all you should take in before bed, even cottage cheese. but in the middle of the night water, I ate in the middle of the night when bulking, and I think that is what made me get a gut. I see it this way eat your 6 -8 meals a day and that is enought. Put them in place so the last meal ends up like Turkish, No point man, unless your looking for the gut fat boy mass

kelevra is offline Member
    a shake or milk BC I'm flipping hungry .. dont every night, but when i wake up HONGRUYY

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Nothing - because i'm desperately trying not to wake up again!

markiejw is offline Junior Member
    Water! I always bring a bottle of water with me to bed so when I wakeup for my mid-night piss I can take a drink. I'm usually pretty thirsty when I wakeup in the middle of the night, so it comes in handy having the bottle waiting.

Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member
    I hate waking up in middle of night, but over last few years because of all the water I drink, I always wake up in pain coz my bladder is hurting so much coz I need to pee so badly, lol. It really annoys me, hating wake up, I usually get back to sleep ok though. I defo dont think I could drink a shake for that 30 seconds then I rush to toilet. I know a friend at gym though who prob has most experience in my gym, and hes been at it over 20 years, hes learnt me a lot about nutrition this past year, and he wakes up after 4 hours sleep, has a shake, and goes back to sleep for 4 hours, and he says hes done this for years, he says hes used to it and it doesnt bother him.

I've read about those slow digesting casein shakes, I think I'll buy some of that in future when I got the cash, sounds like a good idea.

ya thx for the info goood knowledge, i was just wondering how many ppl actually do it. :P! mite try it anyway see if i feel any diffference , so casein / pnut butter / cottage cheese / milk u reckon ?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sure, minus the milk IMO.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    H2O (water for the stupid impaired)

billyyb is offline Junior Member
    I find having a casein shake often helps me get back to sleep when i wake up so i usually have one because i get so hungry throughout the night

Thread Information