honda4life is offline Junior Member

Protein alternatives for being LI...

Well I dont come on alot any more but a few might remember my cut thread i was starting a few months ago. Ive dropped to 193 from 223 and im currently around 12-13% BF. Diet is in CHECK and I have 2 questions.. for the seasoned Vets..

1. ALTERNATIVE proteins to Whey. I tried 1 scoop a couple days ago and threw up 2 weeks worth of food. I cant do it being lactose BUT I have been getting all protein by natural foods thru day. 12 egg whites, 3-4 breasts of chicken, 3-4 cans of tuna and oatmeal for breakfast. BUT I want to be able to do a couple shakes a day as well. ANY thoughts on SOY or Casein? I need help here.

2. Ive went from 22% to 12-13% body fat and summer will be here soon. Still hitting gym 5 days a week doing proper cardio and weights and I am curious opinions of doing a 6 week cycle of Clen to cut down the remaining and hit my goal of about 8%. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off cycle. I have NOT ever done ANY gear and been all natural thru this all but i think its time for that final kick.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honda4life View Post
    Well I dont come on alot any more but a few might remember my cut thread i was starting a few months ago. Ive dropped to 193 from 223 and im currently around 12-13% BF. Diet is in CHECK and I have 2 questions.. for the seasoned Vets.. Not a seasoned Vet but I can help you with your questions.

1. ALTERNATIVE proteins to Whey. I tried 1 scoop a couple days ago and threw up 2 weeks worth of food. I cant do it being lactose BUT I have been getting all protein by natural foods thru day. 12 egg whites, 3-4 breasts of chicken, 3-4 cans of tuna and oatmeal for breakfast. BUT I want to be able to do a couple shakes a day as well. ANY thoughts on SOY or Casein? I need help here. It is not the end of the world when you figure you are lactose intolerant. Casein won't help you either since it is a milk protein. I would not reccomend any vegetable protein due to the fact that they serve next to none anabolic purpose to enhance muscle growth, although producers claim that they are indifferent than whey and casein in that regard. Right, they would not lie to us now, would they... What you need for a shake is beef protein isolate. MuscleMeds has a successful product called Carnivore, it is a 100% beef isolate protein, the world's first and only. Go on to the GNC website and check out the product info as well as customer feedback.

2. Ive went from 22% to 12-13% body fat and summer will be here soon. Still hitting gym 5 days a week doing proper cardio and weights and I am curious opinions of doing a 6 week cycle of Clen to cut down the remaining and hit my goal of about 8%. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off cycle. I have NOT ever done ANY gear and been all natural thru this all but i think its time for that final kick. You should go the educational thread section to get more info about Clen. Read the sticky and enlighten yourself about this compound. My advice would be getting your BP checked before you start a Clen cycle. Good luck!
    Responses in BOLD.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Well I dont come on alot any more but a few might remember my cut thread i was starting a few months ago. Ive dropped to 193 from 223 and im currently around 12-13% BF. Diet is in CHECK and I have 2 questions.. for the seasoned Vets..
    Congrats! How is your strength? Did you have bodyfat measured or are you guessing? I'm curious to know your starting LBM to bodyfat ratio and your current.

1. ALTERNATIVE proteins to Whey. I tried 1 scoop a couple days ago and threw up 2 weeks worth of food. I cant do it being lactose BUT I have been getting all protein by natural foods thru day. 12 egg whites, 3-4 breasts of chicken, 3-4 cans of tuna and oatmeal for breakfast. BUT I want to be able to do a couple shakes a day as well. ANY thoughts on SOY or Casein? I need help here.
    TJ made a great suggestion with the beef protein isolate. You should also check out Egg Albumin/Egg protein - it's an excellent source, and considered superior by many pro's. It's also very fast absorbing (not as fast as whey but next in line) which would make it a good alternative to whey, particularly PWO

2. Ive went from 22% to 12-13% body fat and summer will be here soon. Still hitting gym 5 days a week doing proper cardio and weights and I am curious opinions of doing a 6 week cycle of Clen to cut down the remaining and hit my goal of about 8%. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off cycle. I have NOT ever done ANY gear and been all natural thru this all but i think its time for that final kick.
    I'd like to see before and after pics before commenting, and/or know the data I mentioned above

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    The difference between whey and soy and other whey protiens is whey is a complete protien. Meaning it contains all essential amino acids, (the ones your body can't produce on its own)

Certain studies have suggested that soy protien will raise estrogen levels. Egg protiens are good, Hemp protien is only short in 1 amino acid and its amino profile doesn't look to bad.

Hey Gbrice thanks for the reply.. and Scotty as well. I havnt been on here in a month or more but the fat is still slowwllyyyyyy creeping off. I had another thread with pics in it but I can upload the pics I do have. Gbrice I had my BF% checked at my gym and measured and it came to 12.7% last week. Currently 193lbs.

I read up on the Carnivore Beef protein and I am def going to give it a try it looks great and contains all the amino acids ETC. Ill let you all know how it goes over time. Jsut curious.. I spend 30-45 min a day heavy lifting to failure on day specific muscle groups.. If im working my chest (which is my biggest concern) how much lean muscle does the body gain over a certain time period.. like should I say 1lb a week? 3 lbs a month? just curious and im sure we are all different.

these pics shuld be in order i believe. from 3 months to 2 months to 1 month to recent as of 2 weeks ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Protein alternatives for being LI...-dsc01092.jpg   Protein alternatives for being LI...-beginning-2.jpg   Protein alternatives for being LI...-2011-03-01-20.55.15.jpg   Protein alternatives for being LI...-2011-03-01-20.53.32.jpg   Protein alternatives for being LI...-2011-02-18-20.18.44.jpg  

Protein alternatives for being LI...-2011-04-02-12.10.25.jpg   Protein alternatives for being LI...-2011-04-02-12.10.07.jpg  

DAMN dude! Major improvement, respect!!!

As for your question - you already answered it. We're all different, and there is no way to predict how much lean mass you will put on over time. With the exception of newb gains, I can tell you that adding lean mass is a slow and steady process. It can take years to get a physique anything close to resembling a bodybuilder.

So considerring the improvement Ive made and having my diet in good check.. to break from the 12-13% to 10% or under do you think a clen cycle is feasable or not? Im not holding your word as gold im just asking opinion ;-)

You can probably do just as well continuing on without it, but I wouldn't be vehemently against you running clen . If you choose to do so, make sure you DO YOUR RESEARCH! While it might not be an AAS, it's still a drug and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Absolutely and I appreaciate how everyone on here looks out for another and the dangers if misusing any gear or supplements. Ive just noticed a really big slow down in fat loss which is expected as ya get lower in the body fat %. Ive read the sticky and info on it multiple times, have a schedule all in place with calendar and doses and benadryl etc. I think in a couple more weeks I will give er a go and see how I react to it. worst case is I spnt 70 bucks with no results. I can deal with that. Ill post Pre and post pics as I go in another thread so stay tuned!

Looking forward to the progress!

Re Benadryl - do some research on ketotifen, might be a better option.

Will DO!!!

Thread Information