TRT2010 is offline Member

How much tuna is too much?

On the average day i eat about 8-12 cans of tuna a day. Its deff my protein source of choice. Is there a problem with doing this?

bodhot is offline New Member
    probably to much is when you get allergic to it

markiejw is offline Junior Member
    I was watching a video the other day (posted somewhere on the forum) that said the only problem with eating the same food over and over is your body can actually become allergic to that food. The video did say that the allergy will general go away when you switch to something else, but if you eat that food over and over, you'll likely become allergic to it as well.

Best bet from what I've learned here is just mix it up. Eggs, Chicken, Tuna, Steak, Cottage Cheese... etc. Plenty of affordable food to fill out your day with.

billyyb is offline Junior Member
    8-12 cans? yuckkkkkkk i can bearly stand eating two a day lol

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    There's a lot of mercury in tuna and the safe number to eat is really like 2 cans a week. Obviously people eat more than that, but you're eating A LOT more than that. You'll know if you have mercury poisoning though, either your hair will fall out or you will die, so be sure to look for those signs.

musclekid88 is offline Junior Member
    8 to 12 thats heaps man i rekon 2 -3 is a good limit personally thats about 60grams of protein by it self and on top of all your other food mate..your body can only absorb so much protein at a time

TRT2010 is offline Member
    yeah thats a little dissapointing. tuna is cheap and easy to eat.. mix mith salsa and i can eat a can in 2 bites. no chewing required lol. asked a whole bunch of trianers at the gym today and no one seemed to know if it was too much.. i am just so done with chik but i guess i gotta do what has to be done right

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    There's a lot of mercury in tuna and the safe number to eat is really like 2 cans a week. Obviously people eat more than that, but you're eating A LOT more than that. You'll know if you have mercury poisoning though, either your hair will fall out or you will die, so be sure to look for those signs.
    lmao

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Thread Information