Madman Magraa is offline Junior Member

Current diet, ok ???

i am seeing results with this diet, so as they say if its not broke dont fix it, but im just wondering if anything stands out by a mile .... i think its working but just wondering if anything needs changeing immediately, ive posted pictures in the pictures section if you want to take a look

currently just shedding body fat, try to get as low as i can through out the summer, ready for bulk in the winter, would be happy around the 8 - 9 percent mark, thanks

cant eat eggs due to allergy so thats why the shake in the morning

STATS

203 pounds
    6ft tall
    roughly 10 percent bodyfat, but like i say i have posted pictures so take a look, thanks

8.00am

40 mins low intensity cardio keeping in the fat burning zone heart rate at 129 on the cross trainer

CALS/PRO/CARB/FAT

9.00am

50 grams of oats, 2 scoops of pharma whey

386/46/34/4

11.00am

250 grams of fish, smoked cod
    low fat coleslaw
    salad

200/44/0/2

1.00pm

150 grams of chicken,
    100 gramsof jacket spud,
    littlest amount of salad cream

415/45/46/6

2.00pm

train for 45 mins - 1 hour
    20 mins pwo cardio stay at 129 heart rate

2.20pm

imediately after training
    2 scoops of cnp pro recover
    1 scoop of pharma whey

400/44/50/0

4.00pm

low fat coleslaw
    salad

200/44/0/2

6.30pm

150 grams of chicken
    1 table spoon of olive oil
    salad

335/45/0/19

8.30 - 9.00pm ish

2 scoops of whey
    1 table spoon of natural peanut butter

300/50/3.5/5

TOTAL

CALS = 2236
    PRO = 318
    CARBS = 133.5
    FAT = 38

i havent counted the fat from the coleslaw as it is very low, prob doesnt go over 45 grams with the coleslaw added in

any comments suggestions from veterans would be appreciated,

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman Magraa View Post
    i am seeing results with this diet, so as they say if its not broke dont fix it, but im just wondering if anything stands out by a mile .... i think its working but just wondering if anything needs changeing immediately, ive posted pictures in the pictures section if you want to take a look

currently just shedding body fat, try to get as low as i can through out the summer, ready for bulk in the winter, would be happy around the 8 - 9 percent mark, thanks

STATS

203 pounds
    6ft tall
    roughly 10 percent bodyfat, but like i say i have posted pictures so take a look, thanks

8.00am

40 mins low intensity cardio keeping in the fat burning zone heart rate at 129 on the cross trainer

CALS/PRO/CARB/FAT

9.00am

386/46/34/4

11.00am

low fat coleslaw
    salad
    The biggest problem with this meal is that it's virtually all protein with no energy source, which isn't a good idea. Personally, I would ditch the coleslaw and add a healthy fat source like avocado. If you want to keep the coleslaw, although not recommended since it probably has mayo in it, just add some EVOO to get some healthy fats in there.

200/44/0/2

1.00pm

150 grams of chicken,
    100 gramsof jacket spud,
    Not sure what a jacket spud is, but as long as it's a complex carb, you're okay, imo. If not, I would replace it with a complex carb. If you want to keep the salad cream, go ahead, but if your progress starts to slow, this would be one of the first things I'd change, along with the coleslaw above.

415/45/46/6

2.00pm

2.20pm

1 scoop of pharma whey
    Not familiar with cnp, but if it's mostly sugar, I would drop it since you're cutting; replace with a complex carb instead.

400/44/50/0

4.00pm

low fat coleslaw
    salad
    Same as above.

200/44/0/2

6.30pm

150 grams of chicken
    salad
    In these salads, be sure to use leafy, dark green lettuce and not light, crunchy iceburg lettuce; all that is is water and sugar.

35/45/0/19

8.30 - 9.00pm ish

2 scoops of whey
    Personally, I would change this to a cassein protein for slower absorption throughout the night. I realize that the fat from the pb will slow it up a bit, but if you're going for optimal, then definitely change it.

300/50/3.5/5

TOTAL

CALS = 2236This sounds a bit low for your stats. I would start somewhere around 2,500 but hey, if you say it's working for you, then keep at it.
    PRO = 318
    CARBS = 133.5
    FAT = 38Too low; you can change this by adding the fat source I suggested in the 11 and 4 o'clock meals.

i havent counted the fat from the coleslaw as it is very low, prob doesnt go over 45 grams with the coleslaw added in Again, if you feel yourself start to stall, remove this. Keep the healthy fats instead.

A couple protein only meals in there....how's your strength?

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman Magraa View Post

STATS

203 pounds
    6ft tall

8.00am

CALS/PRO/CARB/FAT

9.00am

386/46/34/4

11.00am

low fat coleslaw
    salad
    as musclestack said, no carbs or fats at all. the morning is whne u want 2 have most of ur carbs, either a good source of EFA's in there os carbs.
    200/44/0/2

1.00pm

150 grams of chicken,
    100 gramsof jacket spud,
    lol, u irish? only us irish people call potatoes spuds, cant blame muscle for not knowing what is was :P good carbs though. its a baked potatoe for the americans reading :P
    415/45/46/6

2.00pm

2.20pm

1 scoop of pharma whey
    dont know what cnp pro recover is either, check the ingredients to see where the carbs source is coming from (my guess would be malto the same as most PWO shakes). use ground oats in ur shake alternatively
    400/44/50/0

4.00pm

low fat coleslaw
    salad
    have some source of EFA's in there. ur fats are to low.
    200/44/0/2

6.30pm

150 grams of chicken
    salad

335/45/0/19

8.30 - 9.00pm ish

2 scoops of whey
    whey is no good to you as a night time shake, buy some casein or else eat cottage cheese/lean beef.
    300/50/3.5/5

TOTAL

CALS = 2236
    PRO = 318
    CARBS = 133.5
    FAT = 38 those fats are low, should aim for 50g even when ur cutting. count the coleslaw accurately and see what is comes to.

i havent counted the fat from the coleslaw as it is very low, prob doesnt go over 45 grams with the coleslaw added in

in bold. pretty good diet over-all. get the fats up is my only suggestion, good EFA sup in the am and with a few of your protein only meals.

cnp is mostly sugar, but i was told this is what you need straight after training ? but i will change the fat content like you said, if i changed the cnp pro recover, to oats, then arnt they slow absorbed, i thought i need fast acting carbs ??? thanks

progressive1 is offline Junior Member
    Fast acting carbs are ok PWO by most to create insulin spike to shuttle glycogen and AAs to growing muscle, but for optimized cutting, to avoid the insulin spike would be best, and hence oats or the like.

ok thanks guys will use oats from now on thanks again ....

Thread Information