johnwynnejr is offline New Member

What is the leanest way to get whole grains?

I usually get my whole grains through whole grain brown rice, but does anyone have ideas of the leanest (lowest fat and cal) way to get whole grains?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    They're all pretty similar. The amount of fat is going to be pretty negligible no matter your choice. Quinoa is a particularly good choice as it's the only grain I know whose protein is a complete source.

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    @gbrice im kind of surprised to see someone else mention Quinoa. i know its a known food but i never heard of it until i started working in a gym last year. great source of whole grains.

@OP brown rice is good, oats work, anything that isnt made with white flour or white grains are all around the same.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwynnejr View Post
    I usually get my whole grains through whole grain brown rice, but does anyone have ideas of the leanest (lowest fat and cal) way to get whole grains?
    Like gbrice said, they are all quite similar.

Your concern should be the portion size when you are eating whole grains. We eat whole grains because they are healthy and have low GI; however, oversized portions will certainly lead your body to start storing the extra cals. as BF so be careful about your portion size.

johnwynnejr is offline New Member
    I guess I was just checking if their was a totally lean whole grain source that I didn't know about, and that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess it isn't something that can be obtained via pill.

I am not totally cutting now, but one needs to cut every cal possibly during that process while still trying to maintain some sort of health standard.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwynnejr View Post
    I guess I was just checking if their was a totally lean whole grain source that I didn't know about, and that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess it isn't something that can be obtained via pill.

I am not totally cutting now, but one needs to cut every cal possibly during that process while still trying to maintain some sort of health standard.
    Beans are pretty damn low in fat - kidney beans, black beans, white navy beans, etc. Same with lentils and other legumes.

Thread Information