Enz0 is offline New Member

Help tweaking diet

So I've started going back to the gym 3 months ago. Been working out consistently monday-friday. I've been doing the following diet for the past 2 weeks and have gone down from 172-162. I'm 20 years old, 162 lbs and 5'9" .I have noticed a loss in BF but I don't know if its healthy to be losing 5 pounds a week. This is my diet and any advice will be taking into consideration:

-12 pm( Thats when I wake up due to work and going to the gym really late):
    3 Egg whites and 1 whole egg
    2 Scoops of oatmeal with 20oz of water and 1 spoon of sugar

-3pm:
    Ramen noodles with a hotdog chopped in small pieces.(No salt or any type of seasonings)
    20 oz watter bottle

-4 pm:
    About of cup of unsalted peanuts

-6pm:
    Chicken breast and brown rice (not sure about the exact measurements)

8pm ++++:

After this time I just feed my body on vegetables and water.
    From salads that include lettuce,tomatoe, onions, green peppers etc.

I do have a protein shake but I stopped taking it because its too high in calories. I think its 1200 calories with 3 scoops and 15 oz of water. When I come back from the gym at around 3 am, I take 2 capsules of Concrete creatine and I'm off to bed.

I know I didn't give exact measurements but atleast you got the idea if I'm eating enough or if I will lose muscle mass with this diet or anything that really comes to mind. Thanks in advance.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    So I've started going back to the gym 3 months ago. Been working out consistently monday-friday. I've been doing the following diet for the past 2 weeks and have gone down from 172-162. I'm 20 years old, 162 lbs and 5'9" .I have noticed a loss in BF but I don't know if its healthy to be losing 5 pounds a week. This is my diet and any advice will be taking into consideration:

-12 pm( Thats when I wake up due to work and going to the gym really late):
    3 Egg whites and 1 whole egg
    2 Scoops of oatmeal with 20oz of water and 1 spoon of sugar

-3pm:
    Ramen noodles with a hotdog chopped in small pieces.(No salt or any type of seasonings) terrible meal, need proper carbs a protein sources eg. chicken breast + brown rice with some broccoli.
    20 oz watter bottle

-4 pm:
    About of cup of unsalted peanuts if ur trying to cut the u shouldnt be eating peanuts at all.

-6pm:
    Chicken breast and brown rice (not sure about the exact measurements)

8pm ++++:

After this time I just feed my body on vegetables and water.
    From salads that include lettuce,tomatoe, onions, green peppers etc.

I do have a protein shake but I stopped taking it because its too high in calories. I think its 1200 calories with 3 scoops and 15 oz of water. When I come back from the gym at around 3 am, I take 2 capsules of Concrete creatine and I'm off to bed.

I know I didn't give exact measurements but atleast you got the idea if I'm eating enough or if I will lose muscle mass with this diet or anything that really comes to mind. Thanks in advance.
    firstly, u need 2 get your macros sorted out. http://nutritiondata.self.com/ use that site 2 help u or packaging.

u need to structure ur diet properly, read the sticky and other members threads on here and learn how 2 structure a proper diet plan. saying ill just after 8pm "whenever" is no good. u need to count every calorie u have throughout the day and when u take it. get a proper diet up and ill be able 2 help u out more

cmdace18 is offline Junior Member
    gucks, no peanuts, but you can have certain nuts, right?

i'm cutting and have unsalted almonds for some healthy fat throughout the day and pre-workout. just a handful though.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdace18 View Post
    gucks, no peanuts, but you can have certain nuts, right?

i'm cutting and have unsalted almonds for some healthy fat throughout the day and pre-workout. just a handful though.
    ye almonds for some EFA's are fine once or twice a day. peanuts are ok in moderation but a cup is way 2 much. maybe 20g of peanuts would be ok for a fat source in 1 meal.

Enz0 is offline New Member
    Ok I'll try to cut down on the peanuts. As for the ramen noodles, I sometimes eat pasta( the thin spaghetti looking ones). I could eat brown rice + chicken breast to replace it atleast 3 times a week, but eating pasta hasnt really affected my weight loss. Also, I'm not trying to go down to a really low BF. Ill be fine with 10-12% bf. When I don't eat enough carbs , I feel that I'm not able to rep out as much in the gym. Thats why I would prefer to keep a decent amount of carbs in my diet but I definitely don't mind eating brown rice + chicken breast somedays instead of pasta.

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    Ok I'll try to cut down on the peanuts. As for the ramen noodles, I sometimes eat pasta( the thin spaghetti looking ones). I could eat brown rice + chicken breast to replace it atleast 3 times a week, but eating pasta hasnt really affected my weight loss. Also, I'm not trying to go down to a really low BF. Ill be fine with 10-12% bf. When I don't eat enough carbs , I feel that I'm not able to rep out as much in the gym. Thats why I would prefer to keep a decent amount of carbs in my diet but I definitely don't mind eating brown rice + chicken breast somedays instead of pasta.
    if u ned carbs then go for it, its about personal choice. and ye pasta wuld be ok, much ebtter then noodles anyway (noodles are made with eggs and have quite a bit of fat in them when u eat a big serving)

Thread Information