Nephets is offline Senior Member

diet soft drinks

Which is the better option for a cheat drink. Diet or regular cola. And just for this question,,,neither is not a valid answer.

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    well diet sodas have no calories so its a clear difference between them.

But is the natural sugar in the real cola better than whatever is put in the diet cola to make it tast good, yet leaves no calories.

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    well soda in general isnt the best thing for you. if ur worried about the chemicals vs the calories then go with the calories if u can afford them. personally ive been drinking diet soda for years and dont think ive had any problems with it.

kelevra is offline Member
    How ironic on a board of chemical use that we would be worried about the chems in a pop. LOL
    I would say the diet would be better for the calorie count. I may have heard somewhere that diet although has no calories, it still creates an insulin spike as if it were still sugar. Would like to hear from the diet gurus though..

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    Both are junk in my opinion if you want something worth while grab a piece of fruit put down the crap which is called pop. Read the health concerns http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_soda. Its both absolute garbage stay far away and keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by gthom47 View Post
    well diet sodas have no calories so its a clear difference between them.
    Clearly you are clueless on the matter of health and diet.

Quote Originally Posted by gthom47 View Post
    well soda in general isnt the best thing for you. if ur worried about the chemicals vs the calories then go with the calories if u can afford them. personally ive been drinking diet soda for years and dont think ive had any problems with it.
    Years of abuse with diet soda will catch up to you pal thats like saying hey i smoked for 2 years and still do not have cancer you are really uneducated on anything to do with proper nutrition go read a book on the above before you speak filth.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    carbonated beverages have been linked to low calcium levels in the blood and other nasty things like kidney stones.

The studies that link artifcial sweetners to cancer were done on rats with rediculous ammounts of it. If you translated it to something human size, it would have been something like 12 diet soda's a day for 20 years.

I wouldn't worry about the occasional diet soda or artificial sweetner. Like lots of things, fine in moderation.

Yea, I'm thinking once every couple weeks. Just wanted to pick the lesser of two evils.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    a buddy of mine used to work for coca cola.. he said a pallet of regular coke weighed something like 400lbs more than a pallet of diet coke.. that shit is nutz.

diet is better.. but even diet soda had a lot of sodium so.. other than that it is not that bad for you.

Thread Information