diet critique / vegeterian

hey guys,

about myself

height: 2m/6 foot 5
    weight: 103kg-105kg
    lifting experience: 8 years

wanting to start a deca @ 400mg and test e @ 500mg p/w for 12 weeks

diet:

note: i am vegetarian, do eat dairy/eggs. i eat 2 every 2 hours, be it food or a protein shake

0630: 6 weetbix with soy milk
    0830: lean protein shake with hand full of nuts and piece of fruit
    1030: bowl of muesli with dairy yoghurt with added LSA
    1230: mass protein drink for preworkout
    workout
    1330: mass gainer protein shake
    1400: (half an hour after protein) have a large salad with a bagel or two "veggie burgers" which consist of 4 slices of wholemeal toast, vegetarian lentil burger, cheese and salad (no sauce or butter etc)
    1600: lean protein shake
    1800: 5 egg omelette with tomato, onion, cheese, capsicum, with two slices whole meal bread toast / alternate omelette with stew of vegetables or the like
    2000: lean protein drink before bed

i take multivitamins and protein shakes to up my protein intake.

thoughts on diet? would i need to increase calories to get great gains with my deca/test e????

any constructive critique would be great guys, thanks....

Gucks is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmith View Post
    hey guys,

about myself

height: 2m/6 foot 5
    weight: 103kg-105kg
    lifting experience: 8 years

wanting to start a deca @ 400mg and test e @ 500mg p/w for 12 weeks

diet:

note: i am vegetarian, do eat dairy/eggs. i eat 2 every 2 hours, be it food or a protein shake

0630: 6 weetbix with soy milk oatmeal is much better, 100g raw weight of oats instead with 2 whole eggs + 4 egg whites.
    0830: lean protein shake with hand full of nuts and piece of fruit dont rely on shakes for then twice a day imo, if u have trouble fitting a proper meal in then its ok but u wuld be better off here with chicken breast/tune with brown rice + the fruit.
    1030: bowl of muesli with dairy yoghurt with added LSA terrible meal. no protein at all. same kind of meal as 8:30 suggestion is good.
    1230: mass protein drink for preworkout
    workout
    1330: mass gainer protein shake im not a fan of weight gain shakes, what one is it? they usually have terrible carb sources and are way over-priced. just use whey isolate and a carb source of ur choice next time.
    1400: (half an hour after protein) have a large salad with a bagel or two "veggie burgers" which consist of 4 slices of wholemeal toast, vegetarian lentil burger, cheese and salad (no sauce or butter etc) no bagels, have a proper carb source (eg. brown rice, whole meal pasta, sweet potatoe.) the vege burgers are ok i guess.
    1600: lean protein shake again, dont rely on shakes more then twice a day. replace with a meal from suggestions above.
    1800: 5 egg omelette with tomato, onion, cheese, capsicum, with two slices whole meal bread toast / alternate omelette with stew of vegetables or the like omlete is good, dont use 5 whole eggs though. i would say 2 whole eggs + 4 white. and ditch the bread for a carb source like suggested above.
    2000: lean protein drink before bed make sure this is casein protein. have an EFA supplement with it aswell

i take multivitamins and protein shakes to up my protein intake.

thoughts on diet? would i need to increase calories to get great gains with my deca/test e????

any constructive critique would be great guys, thanks....
    firstly u need 2 find out the proper macros for each meal b4 any1 can give proper feedback, use this site or packaging: http://nutritiondata.self.com/

u rely on shakes 2 much for a start, bu tlike i said. cant really give u proper critique untill u post macros. ur food choices arent great though.

Gucks is offline Member
    only realised afte ri posted that that this diet is for a vegetarian...no offense but i just dont like vegetarians. sound a bit like a sweeping statement but being a vegetarian makes no sense to me at all, it offers no health benefits at all. i cant see 1 up side to being a vegetarian...

i really dont know to many suggestions for proper protein souces for vegetarians...the only thing i know that vege's eat with protein in it is that fake quorn meat stuff. tastes like shit though. gonna have 2 wait for some1 wiht more knowledge then me 2 give u proper alternative protein sources...sorry!

you could just not be a vegetarian either? ur willing to put steroid into ur body but not meat? sounds crazy 2 me! :P

Thread Information