BeachSeason is offline New Member

Some Advice would be nice

Hey guys I'm starting a cutting routine trying to lose 10 to 15 pounds before summer slim out my stomach and chest area, and Ive got a Diet Ive started, hitting the thing with a 100% effort and wanted your guys opinion so I'm not wasting time not getting the results i want.
    Age 20
    Weight 210 -215 Would like to be a solid 200

Breakfast 5:50 - 6-10
    3 Whole Eggs with 1/3 cup egg whites
    1 Banana
    2 Slices whole grain toast, one plain, one with natural peanut butter
    Either 1 1/2 cups skim milk or Orange Juice

I try and rotate Between this and a Porge Based Meal every second day
    instead of the eggs Ill have a cup of oats with 1 cup skim milk and a handful of raisins, still have the toast and banana

I work a very high passed job from 7 to 430 and we only get 1 break mid day so through out the day i try to have this
    1 to 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
    1 large grapefruit
    2 apples
    1/2 to 1 cup almonds
    Then i either add in couple sticks of cellary or a chopped up pepper.

I usually get my Break at 12:30 to 1 so this is when i have my sit down meal which i try to roatate between either of these options
    Option one, 2 large cans of light tuna mixed with 1 tbsp of light mayo and 1 tbsp of plain non fat yogurt to add texture and give it consistency either plain by itself or in a wrap with lettuce
    Option two, 1 whole wheat wrap with dijon mustard lettuce and chicken.
    Option three, Left overs from the previous night if i had Pasta or something along those lines

4:30 - 5:00
    1/2 - 1 Cup strawberry yogurt or 1 Cup of mixed berries or blue berries
    Depending on how hard i worked i might add in another piece of whole grain toast with jam or peanut butter
    1 scoop protein powder, 23g

Just a snack to hold me over until dinner

Dinner 5:30 - 6
    I Usually have multiple options for dinner which i try to rotate so ill give you some of those
    option 1 - Large Caesar salad just enough dressing to barley cover it just enough for slight flavor
    Option 2 - Large bowl of steamed broccoli

Then i try to add a meat source
    Option 1 - 1 chicken Breast
    Option 2 - Steak
    Option 3 - Spicy Sausage
    Option 4 - Ground beef made into meat balls with onions, or used in pasta sauce, w/ whole grain sausage

Then i go to the gym and work out at 8 ish till 10 then at 10 i have 2 scoops of protein isolate directly after my workout 50 g
    Also Through out the day i work outside and its usually hot so i try to drink a 4l milk jug of water daily which i usually accomplish.

Thats My diet which i would love to get some feedback on because i have a feeling im might be doing something wrong. I also had a couple question that i would like to get some feed back on which would be great, Im trying to hit this thing as best educated as i can be.

Question one: Cardio before or after Weights. Ive usually done it after but then i started watching videos and reading posts and it sounds like before is better. So that after i hit the weights i can grab my protein shake right away rather then waiting another hour

Question 2 : Am i drinking my protein to late and my body can't absorb it all, and is it bad to be drinking it this late and its just sitting in my stomach all night without being able to digest.

Question 3 : Like i said with the diet im trying to lose the 10 to 15 pound mark around the stomach area without losing my muscle, I usually go for high intensity cardio on the elliptical going for max calorie burns. But Like i said above about the protein Ive started really getting into it and im not sure if i should be doing that because I'm burning the muscle along with the fat. For what I'm looking for should i be doing the low intensity walking on a tread mill for an hour at speed 4.0 or so going for the optimum h/r of 125 to 130. Was just wondering if that would be the most beneficent to me.

Thanks alot guys really looking forward to your feedback.
    Ive attached to pictures to show you my main problem areas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some Advice would be nice-4.jpg   Some Advice would be nice-5.jpg  
    Last edited by BeachSeason; 05-04-2011 at 08:09 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome...!
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 05-04-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Sorry when i was first typing it i hit enter and so i had to edit it.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    from what I see most guys like to do cardio after weights if asking before or after training......however.....have you thought of fasted cardio at all?

bruary17 is offline Member
    Cardio on an empty stomach, 30 min. Mon, wed, fri. 1 cup of black coffee before hand is optional, I find it quite helpful in providing a thermogenic affect as well as pepping me up.

PS. on your next pic please refrain from pinching your tit and resting your junk on the sink.

ahhahaha i didn't even notice i was doing that, ill try to refrain from doing that next time. and i was pinching the pec cause i wanted to show of where my excess fat is built up. There not very defined but they are very muscular underneath im just trying to bring out the definition. same with my stomach.

Thread Information