Tein is offline Junior Member

Critique My Diet

I'm 29 years old, 6'2 205lbs approx 15% bf. I've been lifting for 8 years, although I've only been strict with my diet for the last 7 months. I've always been a hard gainer. After being on this diet for 7 months I haven't gained or lost a pound. I've trimmed a noticeable amount of extra weight from my torso, so I assume that I've gained muscle to keep the weight the same. My goal is to add more muscle without going into a full gainer diet right before summer. Appreciate any feedback.

Cal/Fat/Carb/Protein

Breakfast:
    4 whole eggs
    2 Pieces of whole wheat toast with natural pb.
    690/38/50/41

Mid morning:
    50g whey/2 cups 1% milk
    540/7/34/74

Lunch:
    1 6oz grilled chicken breast
    1 whole wheat tortilla
    1 cup brown rice
    611/9/45/44

Mid afternoon:
    15oz of chili (99% fat free ground turkey, kidney beans, diced tomato, celery, onion)
    25g whey/2cups 1% milk
    580/8/48/82

GYM

Post workout:
    50g whey/2 cups 1% milk
    260/7/32/64

Dinner:
    10oz steak
    1 sweet potato
    625/30/26/64

Total:
    3306 calories/85 grams fat/249 carbs/369g protein
    Last edited by Tein; 05-09-2011 at 02:31 PM.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tein View Post
    I'm 29 years old, 6'2 205lbs approx 15% bf. I've been lifting for 8 years, although I've only been strict with my diet for the last 7 months. I've always been a hard gainer. After being on this diet for 7 months I haven't gained or lost a pound. I've trimmed a noticeable amount of extra weight from my torso, so I assume that I've gained muscle to keep the weight the same. My goal is to add more muscle without going into a full gainer diet right before summer. Appreciate any feedback.

Cal/Fat/Carb/Protein

Breakfast:
    4 whole eggs
    2 Pieces of whole wheat toast with natural pb.
    690/24/64/41
    I would check your macros here...2 pieces of toast contains 60g of carbs?? Regardless, there's way too much fat in this meal. Ditch the pb, and cut down to one or two whole eggs with some added whites. Personally, I would switch the bread to oats for a better carb source.

Mid morning:
    50g whey/2 cups 1% milk
    540/7/34/74
    Bad meal for a couple reasons. Whey protein, especially alone, will be quickly absorbed and you'll be left high and dry until your next meal. Save the shakes for pwo. Since you're not wanting to put on any additional bf, ditch the milk in all meals, which won't be a problem in this meal since you won't be having a whey shake here anyway Replace this whole meal with a quality protein and complex carb.

Lunch:
    1 6oz grilled chicken breast
    1 whole wheat tortilla
    1 cup brown rice
    611/9/45/44
    No need for 2 different carb sources in one meal imo. Furthermore, the rice is a much cleaner carb source than the tortilla, so if you feel you need more carbs to compensate for the missing tortilla, just add some more rice to fill your macros. Some green veggies wouldn't hurt here either.

Mid afternoon:
    15oz of chili (99% fat free ground turkey, kidney beans, diced tomato, celery, onion)
    25g whey/2cups 1% milk
    580/8/48/82
    Not bad, but again, you don't need the whey here (or the milk). Keep the chili; actually sounds really good to be honest

GYM

Post workout:
    50g whey/2 cups 1% milk
    260/7/32/64
    Ditch the milk and use water. Add a complex carb here as well to fill muscle gylcogen after training....Very important!!

Dinner:
    10oz steak
    1 sweet potato
    625/30/26/64
    May want to think about dropping the carbs this late in the day, especially since you're worried about fat gain. I like the steak; maybe just add some more green veggies....steak and green beans...mmmmmmmmm!

Total:
    3306 calories/85 grams fat/249 carbs/369g protein
    bold

Tein is offline Junior Member
    Amended macros. Thank you for the feedback. I hear you on the milk. I've always used it because skim or even 1% adds minimal fat compared to the protein. Plus I have to admit it's a case of taste preference for me. I will try the water for a few weeks and compare. What is your advice as far as what the fat limit per meal should be?

Thread Information