Athlete127 is offline Member

My diet (critique)

Age 21

BF%..? Here is a picture I just took flexing I know it's a little blurry

Weight 180

Height 6'0

Goal 190-200 pounds of LEAN muscle... I have stated on here before, I also model and abs is a huge part of the job so I am trying to get my abdominals to a freak level but at the same time be a VERY nice size for wide receiver as I play in college and am trying to go to the NFL. I will be starting my first cycle here in the next few weeks of 4 weeks of DBOL , then 4 weeks of winny.

16 oz of water upon waking before eating anything. I try to drink 1-2 gallons a day

5am 2 whole eggs 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal with one scoop whey protein.
    Creatine.

Workout 6:00 am PWO-2 scoops of whey and nothing as of now, so I know I need help here.

9am 8 oz white meat(tuna or grilled chicken) 1/2 cup of oats, or 2 slices of whole wheat bread

12pm 8 oz white meat(tuna or grilled chicken) 1/2 cup of oats, or 2 slices of whole wheat bread

3pm 8 oz white meat(tuna or grilled chicken) 1/2 cup of oats, or 2 slices of whole wheat bread

6pm 8 oz white meat(tuna or grilled chicken) 1/2 cup of oats, or 2 slices of whole wheat bread

9pm 8 oz white meat(tuna or grilled chicken) 1 cup of fat free cottage cheese & 1 table spoon of natty PB OR 2 scoops of protein, 1 cup of cottage cheese and 1 table spoon of natty PB

I also eat a lot of fruit during the day. Apples and oranges. I know I did not provide the macros, but the idea is pretty easy. I do not want to get bloaded, I just want to get BIG lean cut muscle. Also if anymore abdominal advice I'd be happy to take it! I don't want to gain all this weight for football and lose my speed or abs. I admit, I do slack sometimes on the complex carbs because I feel it's hard for me to eat all that food all the time.
    Last edited by Athlete127; 05-10-2011 at 02:30 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Don't have time to get into the diet atm, but based on the pic i'd say around 10%.

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    You have no veggies in your diet.

BloozieStrat is offline New Member
    You need to incorporate fats (the good ones) and veggies into your diet. Also, your complex carbs should come mainly from oats (steel cut are the best), brown rice, and sweet potatoes (and veggies). Whole wheat bread is great, but try to limit it to two slices per day as it often has undesired ingredients (i.e. enriched flour).

What I do:
    - Bake 6 or so sweet potatoes at a time and then just keep them in the fridge for whenever I need them.
    - Or even easier than that, just make a ton of brown rice and keep it in the fridge. Heat it up when you want, or just eat it cold (it's not bad).

Examples of good fats:
    - Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
    - Flax seed oil.
    - Primrose oil.
    - Borage oil.
    - Olive oil.
    - Nuts (limit to 1 serving per day), peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
    - Egg yolks.
    - Fish (salmon especially).
    - All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.

Personally, I use Udo's 3-6-9 Oil Blend for my fats and just mix it with a whey protein shake (you can't even taste it).

Bottom line though, if you want to gain weight, you've got to eat more calories than you burn. And, I would imagine as a football player, you burn quite a lot of calories.

Athlete127 is offline Member
    I thought natty pb was good fat? How much more fat should I Inc in? And so replace 2 of those oats servings with a cup of veggies?

1. Peanut butter is good fat, just make sure it does not have any hydrogenated oils. I prefer almond butter (MaraNatha makes some good stuff... try their No Stir Almond Butter), but peanut butter is fine.

2. Fat should be around 20-25%. Try not to go above 30. I would start with a simple 40/40/20 split (protein/carb/fat)

3. Definitely not! You need the carbs if you're trying to gain weight (just make sure you're eating the right ones and you'll keep your six pack). Just add veggies to a few meals

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    my .02

1. You need to know/calculate your macros
    2. PWO should have dextrose or some form of simple carbs
    3. Ditch bread and sub with brown rice or pasta IMHO
    4. You need more natural fiber ... green veggies or nuts (almonds pecans walnuts etc...)
    5. O M E G A 3,6,9 oils would be great... nuts/seeds (walnuts for omg 3) in addition to tuna
    6. Go easy on the tuna... change to other type of fish (tilapia, salmon or sea bass)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    my .02

1. You need to know/calculate your macros
    2. PWO should have dextrose or some form of simple carbs
    3. Ditch bread and sub with brown rice or pasta IMHO
    4. You need more natural fiber ... green veggies or nuts (almonds pecans walnuts etc...)
    5. O M E G A 3,6,9 oils would be great... nuts/seeds (walnuts for omg 3) in addition to tuna
    6. Go easy on the tuna... change to other type of fish (tilapia, salmon or sea bass)
    agreed..!

Thread Information