MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"

good idea to eat the skin on fish??

i'm making an effort to add more fish to my diet.. anyways.. i am curious if it is a good idea to eat the skin for fish like cod, hake, salmon... etc

I know it is fats but isn't it good fats?? I am not trying to cut anymore so i don't mind the fat.. The reason i ask is that i know pork/chicken skin is bad for you.. but fish oils are supposed to be full of nutrients and isn't the skin full of this?? I just want to clarify if it is healthy or unhealthy fats.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I am going to say 100000% yes fish skin is healthy depending on the way its prepared, Baked would be better than Fried, and raw would be better than baked, ect:::

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    I am going to say 100000% yes fish skin is healthy depending on the way its prepared, Baked would be better than Fried, and raw would be better than baked, ect:::
    okay good.. cause i been eating it.. i always bake my fish.. depending on what it is i rub a bit of olive oil on it and dust with a bit of paprika/chilli powder and lemon/lime juice.. if salmon i use dill instead of paprika/chilli powder.. put in aluminum foil "boat" and bake for 20 min... fish is SOOOO much easier to eat than steak and chicken is.. not as tasty but i can sit down and eat a 500g fillet of cod in one sitting.. and not feel stuffed.. if i tried to eat a 500g steak i can't move for an hour and a half.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Yeh just eat it bro....

Untill sum1 has a good enough reason not to... I have never heard of one...

Fish may be easier to eat but you also need to eat More of it to get the same protein content... And in general it is expensive...

Just sumat to bear in mind...

I will soon be adding in some salmon to my diet...

Salmon, tomato ketchup and rice.... You can't beat that combo...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

ketchup on salmon?? haha.. not my thing.. yeah.. you got to eat about 30-40% more fish to get the same as steak/chicken.. Dublin has a big fishing industry. so i was able to get 1kg cod for 12 euro caught within past 2-3 days. Hake was about 16euro... where 1kg of top sirloin is nearly twice that. When i have a bit of extra money laying around i get a kg of Ahi Tuna..cut it up in 200g pieces and through them in the freezer.. take em out put a bit of wasabi and soy sauce on em and eat it raw.. orgasmic. I'm getting a freezer in a couple weeks and my mate fro the country is going to fill it up with beef for a couple hundred bucks.. looking forward to that..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Most of the good omega 3 in salmon IS in the skin... so yes, eat it. Just make sure the fat fits within your daily fat allotment.

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    The skin on swordfish is my favorite part. Especially when I cook it at a high heat and it gets nice and crispy...mmmmm

Thread Information