mustangsvo85 is offline New Member

big guy diet Q's...

Any big guys here willing to share their diet habits with me if it works? I'm 6'-3", 250lbs, considered an endomorph body type. I don't count calories or figure out the amount of good fat, carbs, and protein I get. I tend to just eat whole healthy foods, and I try to eat at least 15-30 grams of protein every 2-3 hours. Currently the goal is to lose body fat and retain muscle, but I will be trying to build muscle in 3 months.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome.

The first step would be to list the foods you do eat as in examples of your daily intake so the members can review what you are actually doing.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

today was:

small bowl of oat cereal
    protein shake
    banana
    chicken and potato thing in a dough wrap (office bought us lunch today, can't turn down free food)
    handful o' almonds
    celery with peanut butter
    small bag of carrots
    protein bar
    cantelope
    protein shake
    (1) slice of pizze

most days I make chick or fish for dinner with green veggies, and take left overs for lunch. portions of bigger meals are about the size of my fist, except dinner is usually two times that after a hard workout.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    You're going to have to make your meals a little more routine than just this what looks like random snacking throughout the day, none of them are really unhealthy choices per se (minus the pizza ) But to really get going towards your goal it's going to need some improvement. Number 1, don't worry bout the 15-30 grams of protein every few hours your body can absorb more than that, and at 250 lbs you're gonna want more than that.

Make up a more detailed (listing protein, fat, carbs) diet with food you can have no problem eating every day. To really get down on exactly how many calories you should be consuming we'll need to know your BF% and how active you are, through out the day, how many times a week lifting, doing cardio?

bf is 23% calc'd it last night. I sit on my butt all day (office job), I lift at least 3 times a week, and cardio 2 times. My weekends don't really permit regualar exercise, but I'm usually out and moving those days.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Try and do cardio at least with every time you workout. Shoot for a diet with about 2750 calories. Try a ratio of about 50% protein, 20% carbs, and 30% fat. Try and eat those carbs pre and post workout. If you're truly and endomorph you're probably a little sensitive to carbs. Separate you meals like protein/fat and protein/carb. Post up a diet listing all the macros and we can take it from there.

Thread Information