Thread: Guidance

bepetrone is offline New Member

Guidance

Hello,

So I have been trying to lose weight for a very long time. I have done all sorts of diets, and I don't really see the results, after spending hundreds on different diets.

I have recently done the HCG diet, have seen good results.

I started at 264.2lbs, and in under 40 days, I have dropped to 242.2lbs.

Now my question is, how can I continue to drop the weight, right now I am at a stand still spot.

For the diet its 500 cal intake a day, 100grams of protein for each meal (lunch and dinner)

Is this a healthy diet or no?

I have tried lots and have been impressed by this diet at times, but being at the standstill I have been struggling.

I am tired of being the fat kid at school always getting picked on, and I want to take action.

I dont like eating carbs, or sugar, carbs make me feel really bloated and gross.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might help?

As for exercise, I pretty much just do cardio, would weight training help lots?

Thanks,
    Byron

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I don't like that diet at all. 500 calories/day? 100g protein 2x a day (that's 800 calories btw) and nothing else? That's no diet, that's a gimmick. Let's look at what it's doing:

Calories are restricted to a VERY low level = slowed metabolism

Feeding your body nothing but protein = forcing it to convert dietary protein to glucose to use as energy, and breakdown muscle tissue for the same.

Because it's a completely unsustainable diet, you'll add on MORE fat when you ultimately crash and binge (you will) due to a now slower than before metabolism

It's one of the worst things I've heard. You'll find plenty of information in this section... pretty much anything you do will be better than this. Start adding some carbs and healthy fats back into your diet asap - sugar doesn't have to and shouldn't be part of the equation.

Yes, weight training would help immensely. More LBM means more fat burned in a resting state.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 05-14-2011 at 09:08 PM.

bepetrone is offline New Member
    Thanks for the reply, I will continue to read the section in this forum.

jenneva is offline Female Member
    way unhealthy diet.. I don't see how people can even make it through the day with only that may calories. it seems that you were only losing weight because your weren't eating all that your body needed to sustain itself.

i agree with gbrice, add some carbs. not all carbs are bad. and if your only eating two meals (the lunch and dinner) that wont help you either. your body will start storing what you do it and saving it for when you don't. your body needs something first thing in the morning not wait until mid day.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I would say a lot of that weight loss was water. So don't freak out when you start adding in carbs and and your weight goes up. Its just water weight. Put up your stats and we'll work with you to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thread Information