pheenyx1 is offline Associate Member

Weird. Just a glitch?

My diet has been really clean for a little over 2 months. Basically all complex carbs, heavy protien, and low fat. The percentages fluctuate a little day to day, but they are in the range of 40/40/20. My bf has dropped steadily from 16.5 to 14.5 as measured on a hand held electronic bf calculator. I had no cheat days/meals until last night. last night I cheated BIG, and had a pint if icecream and a candybar (not gonna happen again, it made me feel like crap.) But today I wake up and do my measurement and I have gone from 14.5 to 14.1 in 24hrs! That is by far the biggest one day drop in the two months of my diet! WTF! Is that just some sort of glitch?

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pheenyx1 View Post
    My diet has been really clean for a little over 2 months. Basically all complex carbs, heavy protien, and low fat. The percentages fluctuate a little day to day, but they are in the range of 40/40/20. My bf has dropped steadily from 16.5 to 14.5 as measured on a hand held electronic bf calculator. I had no cheat days/meals until last night. last night I cheated BIG, and had a pint if icecream and a candybar (not gonna happen again, it made me feel like crap.) But today I wake up and do my measurement and I have gone from 14.5 to 14.1 in 24hrs! That is by far the biggest one day drop in the two months of my diet! WTF! Is that just some sort of glitch?
    Yea, I wouldn't start an ice-cream and candy bar diet fad just yet. I would wait a couple days and re measure. You could be bloated and get a false reading. Who knows. Get back on your diet and keep plugging away.

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Those just measure your body's ability to conduct electricity. Basically it's giving you a statistical number based on probable fat content because of how much water is in your body v.s. the actual biological makeup of your body. So you can see how these machines are easily inaccurate, were talking plus or minus 5+%. They're more to give you a "general idea" of your BF% instead of a consistent accurate measurement.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Yes, they're crap. I cant believe I spent the money for one and my free calipers are far more accurate

Thread Information