lionsheart is offline New Member

Need dieting advice please?

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any advice given, I'm new to this site but reckon I can get some real good advice rather than people who know nothing!

I am looking to get by body fat from around 21% down to under 15% if possible whilst still being able to put some size on, I currently weigh in at around 14st7lb and my target is 15st7lb for now.

I also would like to help my partner lose some bodyfat, she is losing babyweight and seems to have plateau'd.

We both eat healthy, i.e Turkey instead of chicken, not too much carbs and we keep our calorie intake to an average of 1500 - 2000 a day. I also like to eat chillies as I love very hot food, I was told this is helpful as the capsicum helps boost the metabolic rate.

Any advice is greatly received.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Can you post exactly what you are eating on a daily basis. Please include the protein, carbs, fat and calories for each meal. It's a bit of work but you will get a lot more out if this process.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Can you post exactly what you are eating on a daily basis. Please include the protein, carbs, fat and calories for each meal. It's a bit of work but you will get a lot more out if this process.
    Ok thanks.

I usually have four eggs, scrambled on two pieces of toast for breakfast.
    For lunch I normally just manage to get a sandwich as I normally don't get time to sit down and have a proper lunch.
    For evening meal I vary quite a lot from fresh pasta and a little sauce right through to Dry fried turkey with fresh garlic and chillies put on top of a salad, which consists of lettuce, spring onion, red pepper, cucumber and a couple of small tomatoes.

Throughout the day I only drink either coffee or pure water.

I tend not to snack at all and I don't really have a sweet tooth, although one day each week we were having a cheat day where we would order chinese and I would have four cans of fosters.

I know this is not a list of carbs and calories but I am still learning this diet stuff, I have been training for years without and certain diet in place but now i am in my 30's it's harder to shift the excess weight!

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Ok. Think of this as a project. The first thing you need to do Is try to fit 6 or 7 meals throughout the day. Your goin to want these every 3 hrs or so. Make sure you have a protein source in every meal. The first meal of the day along with your pre and post workout meal should be protein/ complex carb meals. The remaining meals should consist of protein and good fats. Don't worry about the total calories at this point, post the diet and we can tweak from there. I don't have time to make you a diet but if you try to make one yourself with the proper macros listed I will help you get it dialed in.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Your diet sounds like you'd have no problem dropping weight, but i'd never expect to gain on it.

I've listed one of my previous diets below. While it's not a typical 'gain' type of diet, it will hopefully give you some ideas for a diet more conducive to bodybuilding.

GB's Current Diet:

PROTEIN/CARBS/FAT/TOTAL CALORIES

MEAL 1 - PRE-WORKOUT
    4:30am

Premier protein shake - 30/5/3/160
    1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    1 Extra Large Whole Egg - 7/0/5/90
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites - 12/2/0/60
    1/2 cup blueberries - 0/10/0/40

TOTALS: 60/70/12.5/620

5:30am - WORKOUT, followed by 1 hour cardio

MEAL 2 - POST WORKOUT
    7:30am

1 cup oats - 10/52/5/280
    2 scoops Myofusion - 50/10/6/315

TOTAL: 60/60/11/600

MEAL 3
    10:00am

6oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - 36/0/2.5/165
    7oz Sweet Potato - 3/35/0/150
    1 Cup Green Beans - 1/4/0/20

TOTALS: 40/40/2/350

MEAL 4
    1:00pm

4oz 95/5 Lean Ground Beef - 35/0/7/200
    1/2 cup (a little over) Brown Rice - 5/40/1/180
    1/4 cup tomato sauce - 0/3/0/12
    2 cups baby spinach - 2/2/0/15

TOTALS: 40/45/8/415

MEAL 5
    4:00pm

3/4 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 20/7.5/2.5/135
    1 scoop ON 100% Casein - 24/3/1/120
    2tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - 4/6/1/50

TOTALS: 50/15/4/300

MEAL 6
    7:00pm

6oz Broiled Tilapia - 35/0/3/165
    1 cup broccoli - 3/6/0/30
    1tsp EVOO - 0/0/5/45

TOTALS: 40/6/8/235

MEAL 7
    10:00pm

1 cup 1% Milk Fat Cottage Cheese, No Sodium Added: 26/10/3/180

TOTALS: 26/10/3/180 (could add more fats here but happy with totals as is)

DAILY TOTALS: 315/250/50/2700

46% protein, 37% carbs, 17% fat

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Ok. Think of this as a project. The first thing you need to do Is try to fit 6 or 7 meals throughout the day. Your goin to want these every 3 hrs or so. Make sure you have a protein source in every meal. The first meal of the day along with your pre and post workout meal should be protein/ complex carb meals. The remaining meals should consist of protein and good fats. Don't worry about the total calories at this point, post the diet and we can tweak from there. I don't have time to make you a diet but if you try to make one yourself with the proper macros listed I will help you get it dialed in.
    Hey Nephets,

Thanks for the info, I am going to start writing a diet out over this coming weekend and I'll post it here to see what you guys think.

thanks again.

gbrice, thanks for your example diet above, i am gonna start writing my diet up this weekend so i'll post it on here, any advice would be great.

thanks again

Thread Information