Athlete127 is offline Member

2 questions. Protein bars and product "cytogainer"

I stumbled upon cytogainer, and I have been taking it postworkout, because it says 4 scoops is 54g of protein, with 76 g of complex carbs, 98% fat free. I like the idea of not having to eat after I workout and just drinking one of these, because they are suprisingly good. Is it actually a good product for post workout protein and complex carb wise? IF so I will order more.

Next question... protein bars. I know I have read that protein bars in reality aren't actually good for you. But I was wondering if ANY are actually good to eat for a good source of protein and a good complex carb with low fat and sugar, because I am a collegiate athlete and wouldn't mind buying a box that was actually good for me. The gym I workout at offers alot of the "supreme protein" bars

I also snack on dannon yogurt light & fit vanilla. (fat free) is that really bad? I know it has some carbs but I wondered because it is so good!
    Also snack on Kellogs Special K cereal fruit and yogurt.
    Last edited by Athlete127; 05-20-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Uh oh, you will be asked to remove those links by one of the monitors before you get any answers.

As for your questions,

1. Also look into Optimum Nutrition Pro-Complex Gainer. It is a surprisingly decent product from every angle.

2. You can make your own protein bars. It also means you save money and actually have butritional control over the product. Search the forum to figure out how to make your own pro bars.

3. The yogurt you mention is a highly processed product. The producers will tell you how healthy it is but as a matter of fact, there is barely any nutritional benefits of an industrially produced milk based product, including the milk itself. Keep it if you like it, but do not buy into the advertising.

Athlete127 is offline Member
    The opt nutrition pro- complex gainer... I looked into it. Can get a 10.16 pound bag for about $60. Is it perfect for post workout, protein and complex carb wise? No need to eat brown rice with regular protein anymore?
    Also, whats the catch with that? How many servings in that huge thing? I seen 14 servings... that is WAY too less for $60...

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlete127 View Post
    The opt nutrition pro- complex gainer... I looked into it. Can get a 10.16 pound bag for about $60. Is it perfect for post workout, protein and complex carb wise? No need to eat brown rice with regular protein anymore?
    Also, whats the catch with that? How many servings in that huge thing? I seen 14 servings... that is WAY too less for $60...
    I have used it before for PWO and had very good results. It is a great source for complex carbs besides including various quality anabolic proteins. It is not the cheapest product in the market but you do get what you pay for. Besides, your calculation is quite off. 10.16 lb bag at the offical GNC website goes for $68.47 after gold card savings and there are 28 servings in it.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You already know my opinion on this. Eat real food whenever you can, use a quality supplement (ON Pro Complex is way better than Cytogainer IMO) when you absolutely can't.

Thread Information