Big_Dan is offline Associate Member

Real confused part II - My diet according to members here. Need a few extra tweaks

This was posted in the real confused post but was disregarded because i agree the post seemed too long , so here goes.
    I added up the totals for my diet guys.
    Its the diet Big Texan suggested and mixed with other peoples knowledge. Here go all the totals depending on whether I have cottage cheese or tuna at the last meal
    Non workout days:
    Cals1923 / 1878 Protein183 / 185 Fat70.4 Carbs123
    Workout days
    TOTALS 2073 / 2028 183 / 185 70.4 165

Now, I know my cals have to be just A TAD higher. Correct?
    Now, based on the diet you see below, do you suggest carbs after the post workout meal to further replenish glycogen? I already have 165g of carbs on workout days, so i think that will be too much.
    How's my non workout day? Is it fine? What do you suggest?
    Here goes the non workout day, and on workout days, meal 4 gets 4tbsp of gatorade powder mixed in separate generating around 40g carbs.

Food Calories Protein Fat Carbs
    2 Whole eggs 150 12 10 2
    4 Egg whites 60 16 0 0
    ½ C Oatmeal 150 5 3 27
    1C 2% milk 125 9 5 12

Bio Protein Bar 290 21 5 41
    10 flax Oil caps 100 0 10 0

Can of Tuna 135 30 1 0
    Miracle Whip 15 3
    1/2C Oatmeal 150 5 3 27

25g Whey 110 22 1.5 1

6oz protein 210 35 3.9 0
    1 tbsp olive oil 124 0 14 0

1C cottage cheese 180 28 10
    OR
    Can of Tuna 135 30 1 0
    TOTALS 1923 / 1878 183 / 185 70.4 123

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Brother it seems to me you are looking for that magic diet, you must have changed your plan about 6 times this year already, the key to loosing BF is consistancy, the bottom line is if you eat less then you burn you will loose weight, pick a plan and stick to it for 10 weeks and see what happens, if you change diets every 1 1/2 weeks Bro, your body will be in a state of shock and you will not loose BF, i know because i sacrifised myslef a few times like that myself while getting ready for a show...oh yeah and there is no Magic diet...UNFORTUNETLY for all of us...

XXL

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL
    Brother it seems to me you are looking for that magic diet, you must have changed your plan about 6 times this year already, the key to loosing BF is consistancy, the bottom line is if you eat less then you burn you will loose weight, pick a plan and stick to it for 10 weeks and see what happens, if you change diets every 1 1/2 weeks Bro, your body will be in a state of shock and you will not loose BF, i know because i sacrifised myslef a few times like that myself while getting ready for a show...oh yeah and there is no Magic diet...UNFORTUNETLY for all of us...

XXL
    Great words of advice, I have always said when you change something do it for longer than 3 or 4 weeks, you will never be able to tell how something is working in the short run. And yes Dan bro you are looking for something like if you drop 1/4 C oatmeal from meal 1 you will lose soooo much more weight this won't happen, your diet looks pretty good right now try it for a while and then start to tweek it.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Dan, listen to these guys.....stick with what you have here for at least 2 months.....than if you don't start to notice reults tweak it as needed. Good luck to ya, and STICK with it.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    diet looks better than before, keep away from dr. hairy beers! i would kick the milk since your trying to cut down. No need for it in bulking or cutting -IMO- also meal 4 is your pwo with gatorade mix I would watch how close you take the oats to your workout and opt for having the carbs with your second pwo 1 hour after weights.

And like MikeXXL said stick with a plan!! you are reading to many books( nothing wrong with knowledge but!) and changing you diet like underware. wear the underoos till you know there shitty
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    changing you diet like underware. wear the underoos till you know there shitty!

Good Advice - Too Funny!!!! LOL

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

IN CAPS BELOW.............. First off, you must do whatever diet of the day you develop, and do it for at least 14 days straight as these other gentelmen have explained to you. You've created more diets than I have in the last month, and that's my full time job.

Food Calories Protein Fat Carbs
    2 Whole eggs 150 12 10 2
    4 Egg whites 60 16 0 0
    ½ C Oatmeal 150 5 3 27
    1C 2% milk 125 9 5 12
    DITCH THE MILK......WATCH THE YOLKS HERE, AS YOU ARE HAVING OATS. I'D MAKE IT A FAT/PROTEIN MEAL AND DITCH THE OATS, OR I'D MAKE IT A CARB/PRO MEAL, AND DITCH THE YOLKS.

Bio Protein Bar 290 21 5 41
    10 flax Oil caps 100 0 10 0
    DON'T LIKE BARS, BUT WHATEVER'S CLEVER.

Can of Tuna 135 30 1 0
    Miracle Whip 15 3
    1/2C Oatmeal 150 5 3 27
    NEVER MIX MAYO AND OATMEAL OR CARBS NO MATTER WHAT KIND, LOW GI, HIGH GI, DOESN'T MATTER AS FUNDAMENTALLY IT MAKES NO SENSE. TREAT THIS LIKE MEAL 1 AS FAR AS THE MACROS YOU CHOOSE. ALSO, MIRACLE WHIP IS THAT SWEET NASTY SHIT.......THAT MEANS IT HAS WHAT, YEAH YOU GUESSED IT, SUGAR. USE REAL MAYO, NOT MIRACLE WHIP, AND NO LOW-FAT LOW CAL SHIT......JUST AVOID THE CARBS HERE IF YOU DO.

25g Whey 110 22 1.5 1
    NICE TO HAVE SOME FLAX HERE.

6oz protein 210 35 3.9 0
    FINE...... MAKE SURE IT'S SOLID PROTEIN. DON'T RELY ON SHAKES/BARS.

1C cottage cheese 180 28 10
    OR
    Can of Tuna 135 30 1 0
    TOTALS 1923 / 1878 183 / 185 70.4 123
    TUNA IS THE BETTER CHOICE HERE.

THIS IS ALSO FOR A DAY "OFF" FROM WEIGHTS, RIGHT? THIS DOENS'T LOOK LIKE FOOD YOU WOULD CONSUME ON A WEIGHT TRAINING DAY, AS NONE OF THE MEALS FIT THE BILL FOR PWO NUTRITION.

~SC~

Hey everyone: Thanks a bunch for the advice, especially for acknowledging the fact that i have followed advice by reading books on the subject.
    Swolecat, thanks a lot man i really appreceiate it.

I have a few questions. For the training day, I add to that 25g of whey, 40g carbs from gatorade powder (not total, but in carbs).

1) Ill ditch the milk and replace with water.
    2) The Miracle whip per tbsp has only 3carbs and 15 cals. Real mayo has 100cals and 0 carbs. Isnt this a better trade off, especially since there is no fat in the meal, other than fat from tuna (barely noticeable.)? This would go with your theory of macro manipulation, i leave the oatmeal and add 1tbsp of miracle whip NON FAT to my tuna. Perfect trade off or no?
    3) On cardio days, I could use real mayo for my tuna and ditch the oats, as id do cardio 3 hours later, and my last carbs wouldve been 5 hours before cardio. Is this the right thing to do?
    4) On training days, do I add a carb to the meal after post workout to further replenish glycogen stores or this done throughout the course of the next day? It seems this would take me out of my cal intake for the day, but what do you think?

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Are you back in the gym big dan? I think i saw you post something about leaving the gym because of your parent... Anyway gl with the cutting.

Yeah thats almost a given ive tried to follow everyones advice to the letter and ive been progressing. Ive lost 2lbs already, after the initial water weight.

Just keep at it Dan.......

poantrex is offline Junior Member
    Ditch the low fat low cal mayo. Most low fat mayos (Actually, most ALL low fat/low cal products) contain sugar, which will send your insulin levels to the moon and back. There is nothing wrong with dietary fat as long as you do not combine it with large amounts of carbohydrate! swole is right on the mark on this one.

Personally for breakfast I like P+C meals so i'd get rid of he yolks and replace the milk with a whey protein isolate shake.

J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member
    Carb are not to high for a cutting diet?? 130-160 seems a little bit high...
    ( in my opignon... i take about 40 carb per day on my cutting diet, i fuel myself with EFA instead of carb...)

good luck...

Carbohydrate tolerance is a very individual thing; I can usually lose weight easily with a ton of carbs.

Most aren't so fortunate though

Originally posted by poantrex
    Carbohydrate tolerance is a very individual thing; I can usually lose weight easily with a ton of carbs.

Most aren't so fortunate though
    Much agreed on this one, depends on a lot of peoples sensitivity to insulin and their metabolism. BTW, I hate you........

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz

BTW, I hate you........

Pain
    Aaawwww, someone's jealous!!!!

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Aaawwww, someone's jealous!!!!
    Damn right

Pain

I'm starting to hate your advice Pain.......I've lowered my carbs and am seeing great results, but God is life miserable....... I want my carbs back!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to hate your advice Pain.......I've lowered my carbs and am seeing great results, but God is life miserable....... I want my carbs back!!!!!!!!
    I hear you bro, I never once said it would be fun.... Infact I have cheated really bad most of this week. I have had a lot of stress in my life and the headaches from the stress and my brain digging into my muscle for glycogen was getting at me. And the fact that easter candy is on sale everywhere doesn't help either. O well.

Pain

Hey now...low carbing isn't so bad once you get past the first day. I usually have more consistent energy levels while ckd dieting, due to the fact that I don't have wildly fluctuacting glucose and insulin levels. The real suckage though is once you get 2 to 3 days into deep ketosis...that just sucks any way ya look at it!

Doesn't it suck? 2-3 days into ketosis I go nuts when I smell the nice scent of a cinnamon raison bagel...

Fortunately I have a decently fast metabolism so I can eat them while cutting, as long as I do sufficient cardio...*rubs it in* hehe

Originally posted by poantrex

Doesn't it suck? 2-3 days into ketosis I go nuts when I smell the nice scent of a cinnamon raison bagel...

Fortunately I have a decently fast metabolism so I can eat them while cutting, as long as I do sufficient cardio...*rubs it in* hehe
    You can go to hell tooooo. I hear you on the first few day or two being the hardest, once I get past that point my blood levels must really level out and I have no cravings, but like I said when the stress builds up carbs are like a security blanket, you go back to what makes you feel safe.

Pain

I hear ya there Pain. The one thing I hate is at night I get hungry and go to the fridge and realize just how limited my options are.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    I hear ya there Pain. The one thing I hate is at night I get hungry and go to the fridge and realize just how limited my options are.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Good luck big dan I admire your dedication to learning everything you can about training and nutritional manipulation. You will achieve your goals someday just because of your determination and dedication.

One word of advice bro that I have learned:

Stick to something and dont tweak it for 4-6 weeks. Once you start reading more you will come across conflicting views and differing advice and it will stress you out and turn to be a great detriment to your gains. Just stick with something and see what happens bro. The more you learn the more confusing it gets that is a fact...

Originally posted by Yung Wun

Oh sure....laugh at my pain and suffering!

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    Keep it simple

Thread Information