mg_srt is offline New Member

New Meal Plan, How's it look?

Trying to unload some fat and gain some muscle*
    5'9
    200lbs
    BF 17-20% (if i used the caliper correctly)
    26yrs

Meal 1 8:30am
    Morning shake
    1/2 cup oats
    6-7" banana
    13g complex carb powder
    1/2 tbsp cinnamon(decrease sugar spike)
    30g whey isolate protein
    25g Casein
    1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    60g protein, Carbs 66g, Fat 3g

Meal 2 10:30am
    6 Egg Whites, 4 Whole eggs
    2pcs wheat toast
    1/8 cup colby cheese
    63g protein, 33g Carbs, 26g fat

11:30-12:30-45 work out

Meal 3 PWO 1:00pm
    1cup original almond milk
    8"banana
    50g whey protein
    15g casein protein
    1pkg fruit snacks
    67g protein, 59g carbs, 3.5g fat (38g sugar)

Meal 4 3:00
    6-7oz chicken breast
    1/2 cup brown rice
    1 1/2 cup veggie
    67g protein,42g carbs, 8.5g fat

Meal 5, 5:30-6:00
    Chicken breast
    1 1/2 cup veggie
    2 reduced fat string cheese
    79g protein,6g carbs ,12g fat

Meals 6 8:15
    6-7oz chicken
    2 reduced fat string cheese
    78g protein, 12g fat

Meal 7 10:30
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    13g protein, 5 carbs, 1g fat

11:00-11:30 bed

Totals- Calories 3,115, Protein 427g, Carbs 211g, Fat 54g.
    *I also drink at least 4liters of water a day, along with 8-12oz black coffee, 10g fish oil pills.

Couple questions I have:
    1)In my meals here I used chicken some days I eat the same meat for all my meals is this ok? I try to bounce between, tuna, chicken, salmon, shrimp, and occasionally steak. Is steak ok to eat on workout days are there certain times or just any time with protein?

2)Due to my schedule Im limited as to when i can work out this is a example of a Monday for me. On wed and thursday i work out at 6-6:30 what should i change as far as my meals go to accommodate for the later work out?

3)Also since I go to bed around 11-11:30 will i still have enough time to eat a meal with carbs after my pwo shake on late work out days?

Lots of questions but trying to get a good solid base line down then figure out tweaking as i go and learn my body. Appreciate the Help
    Last edited by mg_srt; 05-23-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your daily protein intake is way too much for your stats and this is mostly due to your shakes that contain way too much protein in one serving. I can make you a solid list of pro BB's who have won competitions like Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia with a dailly protein intake less than 300gr a day. Your daily intake of 427gr protein ED is extreme and hence wasteful IMO.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Drop all dairy and fruit for now, it has no place in building a chiselled physique, also replace all protein and carb powders for real food, as above drop protein to 300 gr.

I figured the protein was about 100g too high, what about the carbs should I decrease those at all?
    And also my fat intake I didn't factor in my fish oils which adds another 12g of fat for a total of 66g.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your daily carb intake is fine for your stats. When carbs are the subject, it is really impossible to generalize since different individuals have completely different carb metabolisms. Some burn all of heir daily carb intake; whereas some suffer from carb bloating and/or tend to store the carb cals. as BF. My PT consumes about twice my daily carb intake and he is always a much leaner person. As long as you have a decent carb metabolism and remain physically active throughout the day, 211gr of daily carb intake is about the last thing you need to worry in your diet. As for your 66gr daily fat intake, you might be better off dropping it to 50gr range, since you are rather looking forward to lean bulking as opposed to bulking for mass.

well i guess i will just have to see how my body reacts and take it from there.. Thanks for the help I will make adjustments accordingly and see how this works. If there are any other suggestions out there please feel free to comment..

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    You have way too many carbs, way too much protein and way too little fat. You need to eat real food.

Fat does not make you fat if you choose the right fats. And all that excess carbohydrates will just be stored as fat.

I knocked the protein down to 300, I am in sales but sit at a desk a lot. I get to the gym 3-4hrs (weights) a week and play rec softball 2-3nights a week. I am not real active at softball yet, still recovering from knee reconstruction.. where would you recommend my carbs and fat intake be around? percentage wise how is 45%p/35%C/20%F for a start?
    I have also cut out the string cheese, and colby cheese and substituted in almonds, walnuts, flaxseed for fat sources.

Thread Information