pheenyx1 is offline Associate Member

Question about "shakes".

My shakes consist of 3 scoops of whey powder, 1/2 cup pasteurized egg whites, 1/2 a banana, 1 tbls natty peanut butter, and 1 cup oats. I know I am supposed to get as much of my calorie intake as possible from real food, so does this qualify as real food?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Everything you listed is 'real food' with the exception of the whey powder. With that said, I wouldn't eat it in place of a 'proper' meal if I could help it. The rule I try and follow (with the exception of PWO) is have a shake when you have no choice, but try and eat real food whenever possible.

Thanks. That's what I figured. I work behind a bar for 14 hrs a lot of days, and sometimes that ends up being 3 of my 7 meals. I try to eat real food when I can, but some days we are pissing in empty liquor bottles on the basement stairs b/c we don't have time to take a leak, nevermind eat food. Shakes sitting in the ice bin are my only option on those kinda day. That's why I try to make them as "real" as I can.
    P.s. if you work for a glass recycler on the jersey shore... uhh... all I can say is sorry bro. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

^ ^ Lmao!!! I live near the Jersey Shore, thank God i'm not employed by a glass recycler! Where in Jersey are you?

You have a couple of other options IMO. I don't mean to go around the board preaching about IF dieting just because it's what i'm currently doing, but sometimes it sounds like a good fit for somebody, and this is one of those times. 16 hour fasts, 8 hour eating window. Get all your calories in during that 8 hour window. I assume this is when you workout as well.

Even if fasting isn't the way you want to go, you can still eat larger meals whenever you CAN eat on those days. Just some other things to consider. If you choose to stick with the shake idea, I suggest you invest in a quality multi-blend protein instead of just whey. ON's Pro Complex, Myofusion, etc.

That is definately something to consider. Can you direct me to a link that explains this intermitent fast thing in detail? That is kinda the eating pattern I used to follow, although I ate a lot of crap during my "window".
    Working in freehold now, but have bartended the redbank longbranch asbury park area for 15 yrs.
    Next protien tub will be a blend.
    Thanx bro.

Quote Originally Posted by pheenyx1 View Post
    That is definately something to consider. Can you direct me to a link that explains this intermitent fast thing in detail? That is kinda the eating pattern I used to follow, although I ate a lot of crap during my "window".
    Working in freehold now, but have bartended the redbank longbranch asbury park area for 15 yrs.
    Next protien tub will be a blend.
    Thanx bro.
    Cool bro, i'm in Middletown, probably have been thrown out of a bar you tended at one time or another, lol!

Check out www.leangains.com - this is what i'm following. IF dieting in general is not a new concept (i.e. the warrior diet, etc) but Martin at Leangains has put it together in a way that is much more geared towards resistance training. He's currently writing his book along with Lyle McDonald. Anybody working with Lyle is worth listening to in my book.

You can also check out my thread/log as I try and keep it updated daily - http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ess-Log/page43

Good luck!

No doubt. Got my reading material for tonight. Awsome bro. Middletown, huh? We probably know a lot of people in common. Where did you go to school?

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    I advise you to use shakes only post workout. Eating real food is the best route to use. By the way your shakes consist of so much protein at one sitting. I always use 2 scoops of whey post work out and then eat a real meal consisting of 30 g of protein, 60 g of carbs , and around 8 g of fat

Thread Information