MastaMan is offline Associate Member

"JUST EAT" Bad Idea...

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/96/3/824.abstract
    Ad libitum eating, i.e. eating as much as you desire to gain mass might not be the best idea... apparently it can suppress growth hormone up to 80%. Might as well be binge drinking for that amount of suppression.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I don't think anyone on the diet board would tell someone trying to gain mass to just eat indiscriminately. Most of the time people are trying to lean bulk and you have to almost be as procise with that as you were on a cutting diet.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    I don't think anyone on the diet board would tell someone trying to gain mass to just eat indiscriminately. Most of the time people are trying to lean bulk and you have to almost be as procise with that as you were on a cutting diet.
    Bingo. I'd go as far as to say just as precise, if not MORE. Assuming the individual wants to keep bodyfat gains to a minimum (why somebody wouldn't is beyond me), eating indiscriminantely is about the worst thing you can do. If you simply want to gain mass with no regard for body composition (lean mass vs. bodyfat), bon appetit!

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    Disagree on it not being an issue here, I see it suggested a lot here and other places however. Whenever someone says they are having trouble gaining they are told just to "eat more." Obviously sometimes this is the correct option but other times they are eating enough it is other aspects that are lacking.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Theres a big difference between someone needing to eat more thats a hard gainer eating 2k cals a day and talking about how full they are and the type of binge eating i think the OP is talking about. Like me for instance i could easily pack down 5-6kcals a day without much more than an occasional belch. Some of struggle to pick up the fork while others of us struggle to put it down.

MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Yeah i definitely agree gonoles. It's not an epidemic, it's just something you see mentioned every so often. And @ scotty i think it said they were fed 70 calories per kilogram of bodyweight daily spilt up into meals. So for me @ 190 lbs, approximately 6,000.

Thread Information