clayton2127 is offline Junior Member

question about my macros and my gain

Ok.. its gonna be quick since i'm at work. i weigh about 212lbs.. i did weigh about 200 about 1.5-2 months ago.. my macros were roughly 100g fat, 350 g carbs, 350-400g protein and 3800-4000 calories.. i gained some good size in my shoulders, chest and back but also gained some in my stomach. what would happen body structure wise if i were to cut my fat grams to about 60? any ideas on what macros i would need to change to lose a little of this fat but keep the majority of the size or even gain more size in my chest, shoulders, etc? Also, since im sure its important, i am also currently take 500mg test e each week. while on test e before i never really made it past 204.. so im thinking ive gained the extra 8 lbs from the food..

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing any cardio?

well i guess theres no way around this answer.. i really dont.. i actually just started to do it yesterday after talking to a fellow gym buddy.. My worry with cardio which i'm sure is a total mental issue, is that i'm afraid i'm going to go backwards with what I want.. I used to just want to be as big as possible and hell with the stomach, abbs, etc.. but now, i want a nice balance of both. Ive been worried that doing a good amount of cardio will take all of the size and gains away that ive worked so to achieve. plus, I used to be extremely overweight and out of shape and I have always had a really small belly on me.. so besides what i stated above, i feel like no matter what I do, its not going to go away.. From my mid chest up looks great as well as my back.. its from lower chest down that needs some help and im pretty damn sure its prob from the diet/cardio issue../ so how can i at least start to improve the lower half without altering the upper in a negative way? if its even possible..

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    I would add cardio in the morning before I would reduce my food intake. Use the cardio to burn off the fat and the excess calories will be there for you to help put on muscle.

the isue i have with cardio in the morning is that i get up at 430 am for work.. leave at 530, get to work at 630 and dont get home til about 530 or so usually.. my work schedule makes life a lot harder than it is.. Im working on that issue as well lol. but I will def try to just add some cardio before i reduce the calorie inake.. should reduce any of the macros? like cut down the grams of fat like i originally stated? or jst leave them all alone for now? I jsut feel like thats a lot of fat lol
    Last edited by clayton2127; 05-31-2011 at 12:55 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    What is your bf%? Do you have any pics? I understand you're 212lbs, but without knowing your BF, 212lbs really tells us nothing. Also, how tall are you?

I'm a little less than 5'11. i have no idea my body fat. I cant see my abbs what so ever if that helps.. I do have a bit of a stomach on me.... I could probably lose 5 lbs?, maybe a little more for my stoamch alone.. I dunno if this helps, but my waste is a 33-34, chest is 46-47 ish and shoulder width is about 54. Someone took these measurments in the gym for me about 2 weeks ago. I hope these sound right, i might have gotten them backwards but im pretty sure these are right. Basically I look absolutely nothing like gbrice lol

so is this this what I should try first? just add the cardio before dropping any macros?

Thread Information