OhioVikings2 is offline New Member

How do I have to eat to become a monster?

Hi I am 150 lbs, a month ago I was 140. I have been lifting for a while trying to get bigger but I realize it is mostly my diet that needs help. Although I have managed to gain 10 lbs I feel like my progress has slowed down immensely so here I am.

How do I have to eat to become a monster?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Like a monster!

150lbs is light, but what about the rest of your stats? Height? Age? BF%? Any pics to post up so we can see where you're at?

Post up your current diet so we can see how you eat. Somehow I have the feeling it's not going to be very good - but hopefully you'll prove me wrong.

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    Check out the sticky on how to bulk. Well worth the read.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Monsters get fat. People don't eat like monsters...they eat smart. Always eating the proper food in the proper combinations at the proper time. Eating 3-500 calories above their maintenance, doing cardio to keep thier fat levels in check and always re-adjusting thier diet to meet their bodies needs. Post up a diet with some stats and lets see what we are working with. Don't forget to post the macros for the meals with the meal times and workout times.

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    Eat clean but eat a lot starting at 500 over maintenance, I myself can and do eat 4000+ Calories for extended periods of time and do ZERO cardio and my body fat is ALWAYS in the low teens.

After 15 years of training though, I know my body very well and I can guarantee however that you presently do not have a custom diet designed for your goals... regardless of using AAS or not- your results will always 90% stem from your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Like a monster!

150lbs is light, but what about the rest of your stats? Height? Age? BF%? Any pics to post up so we can see where you're at?

Post up your current diet so we can see how you eat. Somehow I have the feeling it's not going to be very good - but hopefully you'll prove me wrong.
    Yeah I have some pictures I can post up, Ill take them tomorrow with my gf and post them. Im 20, 5"11 and have a bf of like 10-12%

My diet consists of everything I can get my hands on lately, I try to eat as much and as often as I can but sometimes I just get side tracked. I eat a lot of meat and rice, drink lots of milk and have roughly one protein shake a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Monsters get fat. People don't eat like monsters...they eat smart. Always eating the proper food in the proper combinations at the proper time. Eating 3-500 calories above their maintenance, doing cardio to keep thier fat levels in check and always re-adjusting thier diet to meet their bodies needs. Post up a diet with some stats and lets see what we are working with. Don't forget to post the macros for the meals with the meal times and workout times.
    OK before I do can you just clear up a few things for me: I don't have a set diet, I kind of just eat whatever whenever, although I do try to eat more then my body asks for lately. Do you want me to log my next days and/or weeks diet and post that? Also "macros for meals" = ? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Jakked View Post
    Eat clean but eat a lot starting at 500 over maintenance, I myself can and do eat 4000+ Calories for extended periods of time and do ZERO cardio and my body fat is ALWAYS in the low teens.

After 15 years of training though, I know my body very well and I can guarantee however that you presently do not have a custom diet designed for your goals... regardless of using AAS or not- your results will always 90% stem from your diet.
    I don't have a custom diet designed for my goals.. that's why I am here mate lol. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by GoNoles99 View Post
    Check out the sticky on how to bulk. Well worth the read.
    The sticky?

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioVikings2 View Post
    "macros for meals" = ? Thanks!!
    What he means is how many Fat Grams, Carb Grams and Grams of Protein that you consume per meal.

I don't have a custom diet designed for my goals.. that's why I am here mate lol. Suggestions?
    I figured that, to start with go online and calculate your daily maintenance calories and then begin by eating 500 Calories above that daily is a good start but from clean food sources- i.e.- Chicken, Fish, Steak, Eggs, Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Oats, Vegetables, Olive Oil, Peanut Butter, etc.

Then calculate your daily Macro's for your meals which will then give you your total daily Calories

If this sounds too confusing, just message me your stats and I'll do it for you- no problem.

What he means is how many Fat Grams, Carb Grams and Grams of Protein that you consume per meal.

I figured that, to start with go online and calculate your daily maintenance calories and then begin by eating 500 Calories above that daily is a good start but from clean food sources- i.e.- Chicken, Fish, Steak, Eggs, Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Oats, Vegetables, Olive Oil, Peanut Butter, etc.

Then calculate your daily Macro's for your meals which will then give you your total daily Calories

If this sounds too confusing, just message me your stats and I'll do it for you- no problem.
    Wow I weigh 150 and am 20 years old and the number I came up with is 2730.48 for my maintenance calories. Does that sound about right?

Wow I weigh 150 and am 20 years old and the number I came up with is 2730.48 for my maintenance calories. Does that sound about right?

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I find that most people that I work with are eating way less than they think they are when it comes to bulking.....also I disagree with whats been said, people who are willing to eat enough to put on some bady fat and take it off later are the ones who grow the most.

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    I find that most people that I work with are eating way less than they think they are when it comes to bulking.....also I disagree with whats been said, people who are willing to eat enough to put on some bady fat and take it off later are the ones who grow the most.
    The human body is only capable of gaining a fixed amount of muscle tissue in a given amount of time regardless of how many extra calories are consumed.

How does eating calories beyond this amount aid in muscle gain if your body is already maxed out in muscle growth?

It makes better sense to learn your body, keep track of your diet, and keep body fat to a minimum even while gaining max new tissue.

How many pro BB'ers have you seen in the past few years above 12%?

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    start watching these videos

So you wanna learn how to Diet?
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...rn-how-to-Diet

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    The sticky?
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...nd-sample-diet...

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Track what you eat now, like write it down for a few days and calculate how many calories that is.

Then bump that number by a few hundred calories, if it's not too high already, and go from there for a couple weeks.

Progress like this until you meet your TDEE for bulking. I like to eat about 250calories over my TDEE, and carb cycle to keep the extra fat low.

Also, food choice is key. Most BBers make the mistake of eating shitty, unhealthy foods like cows milk, wheat and gluten containing grains, and undercooked meats.

This can all lead to permeability in the gut and then it's game over. Make sure you also eat for health, and not just to get big! Need to combine them both!

Thread Information