funsize is offline New Member

Calculating TDEE and macros when program includes 6hrs intense cardio per week

I admit I'm a knucklehead for not calculating TDEE and getting feedback on macros earlier. But at 4 days into this cycle, I've been eating clean, but maybe too little or too much and want to get things on track to get the best results possible.

Stats
    Weight: 185
    Heigh: 6'
    BF: ~13%
    BMR: 1895

Cycle:
    400mg Test E per week (2 shots)
    20mg Danabol per day (open to comments on the dbol given lean mass goal)
    (4 days in)

The complicated part in coming up with my TDEE is the volume of cardio. I know this volume of cardio might be frowned upon for a classic program, but its what I've got to work with. I do three rides a week. Using the average of 3 calorie calculators, I get 1200 calories per ride.

I do four intense lifting sessions a week. I've seen some pretty wild variations on calorie estimates for that, anywhere between 290 to 400 calories per session. So taking an average of 345 calories.

Question:
    Does this look ok in terms of calculating TDEE?

BMR calories per week = 1895 * 7 = 13265
    Riding calories per week = 1200 * 3 = 3600
    Lifting sessions = 345 * 4 = 1380
    TOTAL WEEK = 13265 + 3600 + 1380 = 18245
    Per Day (TDEE) = 18245 / 7 = ~2606 calories

Now since the goal is to gain lean mass and with the high volume of cardio... any recommendations on both macros and caloric intake per day?

Just looking at the TDEE above... its 1.37x BMR which seems kind of low for the cardio profile. Any suggestions?

jfalco is offline Member
    I agree with you that it seems low. I would carb up pretty heavy before and after those bike rides. I do something sort of similar. I do 1 very long run every sunday. I find that I need a ton of carbs the next day to not feel like I'm wasting away. I carb up the day before and then for 2 days after I can't stop eating.

I know that to gain any weight with that much cardio I would need to eat close to 4000 kcal.

Thanks for the feedback, will give that a shot... i get that same wasting away feeling after big rides unless I take in a lot of carbs post ride.

Thread Information