bigandveiny is offline New Member

Gaining no weight at all :(

Right i'm 26, 12 stone, 6'1, really skinny build and have been working out for about 4 5 months now, working out 4 times a week. The only change i've felt is increased strength but i look no different to what i did 5 months ago. My diet consists of:

6am - Bowl of oats, brown bread with peanut butter

START WORK

8am - Protein shake and banana

10.15am - 4 egg whites 1 yolk brown bread

12.45pm - Brown rice, veg and Chicken breast

3pm - Brown pasta, veg and chicken breast

FINISH WORK (get to the gym for 6.30)

8pm - Protein shake and Banana

9pm Steak and Brown rice

BED

Thats been my diet for the past 4 5 months yet i have not gained a single pound. Just wondering if you guys have any tips or tweaks you could help me with.
    Last edited by bigandveiny; 06-09-2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: forgot info

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    repost your diet to include all accurate portion sizes and macro nutrient info so we can see how much you're actually eating. 'chicken breast' doesn't tell us anything. I've see thin 2oz breasts, and huge 8oz breasts.

If you're not currently measuring out your food, start today!

Ye i have a cup measurement of oats

The chicken breast is 5oz and rice portions are a cup measurement. As for veg i only use a handful of fine beans or asparagus. The protein shakes i take are: Morning 125 grams and after workout 250 grams ( http://www.gymratz.co.uk/critical-mass-wholesale )

Thats the only sort of measuring i do really. I struggle to finish the portion sizes

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigandveiny View Post
    Right i'm 26, 12 stone, 6'1, really skinny build and have been working out for about 4 5 months now, working out 4 times a week. The only change i've felt is increased strength but i look no different to what i did 5 months ago. My diet consists of:

6am - Bowl of oats, brown bread with peanut butter
    No source of complete protein here. I don't see the need for 2 sources of carbs here, but that's not the main concern. Suggestion: Drop the peanut butter, and add a couple whole eggs with some whites. Macros?

START WORK

8am - Protein shake and banana Fruit isn't the best choice of carbs; it's not bad, but for someone who isn't gaining weight and doesn't know why, drop this and replace it with a complex carb (oats, sweet potato, lentils, beans, quinoa, etc). I would def drop the shake here and replace it with a lean, real food, protein source. Macros?

10.15am - 4 egg whites 1 yolk brown bread
    Not horrible, but not great either. I personally don't have a problem with whole wheat bread when trying to gain, but just know that the further from natural the food is, the worse off it is....bread is processed. Macros?

12.45pm - Brown rice, veg and Chicken breast
    Excellent! Macros?

3pm - Brown pasta, veg and chicken breast
    Excellent again! Macros?

FINISH WORK (get to the gym for 6.30)

8pm - Protein shake and Banana
    Same thoughts on the banana here as above. Marcos?

9pm Steak and Brown rice
    I like the steak here. I would be worried about fat gain here having carbs right before bed, but if you like it, then keep it here for now until we get the issue at hand sorted out. After that, if you start to notice fat gain, this would be the first thing I'd drop. Macros?

BED

Thats been my diet for the past 4 5 months yet i have not gained a single pound. Just wondering if you guys have any tips or tweaks you could help me with.
    For the most part, your food choices aren't so bad. I'm sure you're just not eating enough, but it's hard to say without the macros listed (protein, carbs, fats, cals) for each meal. You need to weigh out your food to know exactly how much of each macronutrient you're eating. Figure out your TDEE (how many calories YOU need to maintain your current state). I like to use the formula: lean body mass x 15 as a starting point to get a general idea. Add about 500 calories to that number and start there to see if you're gaining. If not, add more! Not everyone is the same. I'm bulking right now, and my TDEE is roughly 2,300. I'm eating over 3,700 cals/day!! That's 1,400 cals over my TDEE! Gaining muscle steadily but no fat........so, I've found my sweet spot for now, as you need to do as well.

List the macros in each meal, as I suggested, then I and others will be able to help you out much better. Good luck bro!

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    GB must've posted while I was typing. But yea, need the macros!

To be honest i have no idea what Macros are. I mean how do i start to find the Macros of the food i'm eating? Also yeah i have got a bit fat on my stomach since i started this diet
    Last edited by bigandveiny; 06-09-2011 at 12:35 PM.

To add as well if anyone could post say a sample diet or correct certain food entries around those sort of eating hours i'd really appreciate it

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    macros = protein, carbs, and fat for each meal as well as total calories.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Whats with you guys saying your weight in stone, this is a modern board, get with the times man Just say 168 lbs!!!!!!!!

Thread Information