oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member

Oatmeal's Diet Planning

Posted in conjunction with my other threads:. These links are on this site *admin* Approved

F.N.G. in the "over the hill gang", here to learn and get better.
    New-guy-B.F.-estimate
    New guy with more Q's than A's

Weight:178, Height: 5'9" Age: 42

My current workout is CrossFit 20-40 min. per day, 5 days a week
    Run 3 miles, 4 days a week

This is my current diet.

Macros:
    1600-1650 Calories daily
    Carbs: 140g = 35%
    Protein: 180g = 45%
    Fat: 36g = 20%

Breakfast:
    2 Servings/12 oz. of yogurt - lo-carb

Breakfast Snack:
    2 slices 12-grain, 2 TBsp P.B. of peanut butter sandwich w. natural (no sugar) peanut butter

Lunch:
    2 slices 12-grain, 1 can tuna (in water)
    Sometimes with lettuce &/or lemon juice, sometimes in pita instead of bread.

Afternoon snack:
    2 TBsp. of hummus, 1 whole pita

Pre-workout:
    10 fl.oz H2O with 1 scoop Dymatize X-Pand (caffeine, creatine, NOx)

Dinner & Post Workout:
    1 serving, 1/2 breast (3 oz) of chicken meat only, roasted
    Protein Shake (1 Scoop of O.N. Whey, 1 large egg, 6 oz. lo-carb Yogurt)
    A vegetable

Evening snack:
    1 serving (4 oz) of cottage cheese: low-fat (2%)

Multi-vitamin, fish-oil, and ZMA daily

I will often mix up times of servings - like cottage cheese instead of a hummus sammich pre-workout. I also try to drink my shake right after I get home from my workout - about 30-45 minutes, then I usually hang out a while before actually making dinner.
    I try not to cheat, but I will have a beer or three once a week, and maybe a hot dog or something. If I'm at a restaurant (once or twice a week) I'll usually order a salad in place of a meal. Unless it's sushi, then all bets are off!
    I will sometimes drink 10-20 oz. Gatorade pre-workout for the sugar/glucose spike. Lately, I think it kinda wears off mid workout though, and the rest of my workout is HARD!

I have tinkered quite a bit with the macro ratio, and calories. Right now, this is producing between zero and one pound per week of weight loss. Maybe 1-4 pounds monthly. I seem to be keeping most of my muscle gains though, and that's what's most important. Fat doesn't come off like it used to!

Please feel free to comment.
    Thanks everyone!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    Posted in conjunction with my other threads:

F.N.G. in the "over the hill gang", here to learn and get better.
    New-guy-B.F.-estimate
    New guy with more Q's than A's

Weight:178, Height: 5'9" Age: 42

My current workout is CrossFit 20-40 min. per day, 5 days a week
    Run 3 miles, 4 days a week

This is my current diet.

Macros:
    1600-1650 Calories daily
    Carbs: 140g = 35%
    Protein: 180g = 45%
    Fat: 36g = 20%

Breakfast:
    2 Servings/12 oz. of yogurt - lo-carb WHAT KIND?

Breakfast Snack:
    2 slices 12-grain, 2 TBsp P.B. of peanut butter sandwich w. natural (no sugar) peanut butter EZEKIEL BREAD IS BETTER

Lunch:
    2 slices 12-grain, 1 can tuna (in water) MORE BREAD? too much for now
    Sometimes with lettuce &/or lemon juice, sometimes in pita instead of bread. MORE BREAD....

Afternoon snack:
    2 TBsp. of hummus, 1 whole pita BREAD

Pre-workout:
    10 fl.oz H2O with 1 scoop Dymatize X-Pand (caffeine, creatine, NOx)

Dinner & Post Workout:
    1 serving, 1/2 breast (3 oz) of chicken meat only, roasted
    Protein Shake (1 Scoop of O.N. Whey, 1 large egg, 6 oz. lo-carb Yogurt) type of yogurt?
    A vegetable

Evening snack:
    1 serving (4 oz) of cottage cheese: low-fat (2%)

Multi-vitamin, fish-oil, and ZMA daily

I will often mix up times of servings - like cottage cheese instead of a hummus sammich pre-workout. I also try to drink my shake right after I get home from my workout - about 30-45 minutes, then I usually hang out a while before actually making dinner.
    I try not to cheat, but I will have a beer or three once a week, and maybe a hot dog or something. ??? If I'm at a restaurant (once or twice a week) I'll usually order a salad in place of a meal. Unless it's sushi, then all bets are off!
    I will sometimes drink 10-20 oz. Gatorade pre-workout for the sugar/glucose spike. Lately, I think it kinda wears off mid workout though, and the rest of my workout is HARD!

I have tinkered quite a bit with the macro ratio, and calories. Right now, this is producing between zero and one pound per week of weight loss. Maybe 1-4 pounds monthly. I seem to be keeping most of my muscle gains though, and that's what's most important. Fat doesn't come off like it used to!

Please feel free to comment.
    Thanks everyone!
    WELCOME OATMEAL!

You have come to the right place.

For now, to help cut you really do need to watch out for all of the bread you are eating. It will make a big difference.

ALso: could you please post up your photo for the diet members? To make it available for more specific help?

Try to read some of the threads here for more food choices and the stickies.
    It takes time to get your eating tweaked. But once you do, you will be thrilled with the results.
    Main thing is to pick foods you know you will eat which are good for you and then be consistent.

Good luck to you. Will follow your progress.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

I knew you were gonna say something about the bread... I LOVE bread, but I will try to knock it down. I guess Pita is pretty much the same as bread?
    Ezekiel - hadn't heard of that, I will look for it.
    The yogurt is Kroger brand Carbmaster.
    Macros are as follows:
    one 6 oz. serving =
    Calories 60
    Pro: 8g
    Carb: 4g
    Fat: 1.5g

I'm okay with the same thing, these are foods I actually like a lot. Aside from cheeseburgers, and deep fried pizza...
    But if I can find other foods which are as or more efficient, I'm always willing to mix it up.
    Thanks for the help!

Try some plain Greek yogurt like: Fage or Chobani and then if need be, add some splenda or fruit....much better and higher in protein
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Here's a pic taken this past weekend. I would say I have about 4-5 pounds of extra water, as I just started creatine loading 10 days ago. I have had some guesses of around 19-22% bodyfat in my other thread.

As I have said in the over 40 forum, this is me after 5 years of off and on muscle growth (I used to be about 155-160 with even smoother lines, LOL) I'm a hard gainer, and since I hit 38-40, losing fat while keeping muscle is not something I'm able to do. I either gain or lose weight, that's it.

Over the last 6-8 months I've noted some additional hardening of muscle, and maybe even some solid gains. CrossFit is responsible. I plateaued in the gym doing traditional workouts long ago.

I've heard about Greek yogurt, but it seems to have a LOT more carbs and fat??
    I'll give it a try though.
    Splenda is my friend - I use it in my shakes (the egg is gross otherwise) and coffee. It is okay to not count this at all, right?

I've heard about Greek yogurt, but it seems to have a LOT more carbs and fat??
    I'll give it a try though.
    Splenda is my friend - I use it in my shakes (the egg is gross otherwise) and coffee. It is okay to not count this at all, right?
    Greek Yogurt is the way to go. Gotta get the plain so very little sugar which could be why the carbs are high. Splenda is fine.
    Do you like pancakes? If so, I will give you a recipe that will thrill your soul. And legal!
    Author Unknown

I think that's exactly it - I'm pretty sure I was looking at a flavored one.
    Who doesn't like pancakes? I'd LOVE a recipe for that!

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese

splash of water if need be for batter consistency
    Splenda all you want
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup and banana or raspberries
    and dollop of plain Greek yogurt to spread around the pancake and sprinkle some splenda on top of the yogurt

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-20-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Author Unknown

! ! ! I have so much old-fashion oatmeal, it's nuts. I don't know why I haven't been using it in my latest diet either... I'm totally going to try this, thank you!!

Got some non-fat greek yogurt - you were right. Plain is the way to go, albeit more expensive.
    Non-fat C. Cheese, and some sugar free syrup. can't wait for pancakes tomorrow!
    Still looking for the bread, but I'll find it.

Got some non-fat greek yogurt - you were right. Plain is the way to go, albeit more expensive.
    Non-fat C. Cheese, and some sugar free syrup. can't wait for pancakes tomorrow!
    Still looking for the bread, but I'll find it.
    ENJOY! I eat them about every single day......
    Author Unknown

Really good, super easy!
    Do you think adding a pinch of baking soda might make 'em rise a bit more?

^^ try it and see. I hope you really liked them. A bit of tweaking here and there will get you to the taste and texture you desire.

I am not kidding when I say those pancakes helped me shed BF. Every single day I was amazed I could eat 'em and see the scales go down down down down ......

I heard about the Pancakes from Baseline who had a photo of his pancake in his log. When I saw the photo I said...."You have got to be joking!"
    Author Unknown

Yeah, they are really good! Plus, whole oats + protein = better than the bread for my mid-morning snack.

The NEW Diet

Meal #1
    6 egg whites & 2 whole eggs
    3/4 cup of oatmeal measured dry

Meal #2
    35 grams of whey Isolate
    1 tbsp. of natural pb

Meal #3
    6 oz of lean ground turkey or chicken breast
    1/2 cup brown rice
    1 cup broccoli or green beans

Meal #4
    6 oz lean red meat, or canned tuna
    spinach salad with 1 tbsp of macadamia nut oil (or olive oil)

Meal #5
    35 grams of whey Isolate
    1 tbsp. natural pb
    or 6 egg whites & 2 whole eggs

I've never actually tried NO dairy, Been reading a bunch, and it sounds like it's a good idea to try it. So far, it's kicking my butt, but I think in a good way. I'm @ 16.8 BF, via calipers done 4 days ago.|
    Sorry I don't post much, I find that pretty much everything I want to know so far - especially about AAS - is answered ad-nauseum. So, just searching and reading each day is working great. I'm learning a lot.

P.S., If I really start leaning up and holding muscle, I might start with 3/4 cup cottage cheese. - For the pancakes!!
    I miss yogurt too, but we'll see how this goes for a while.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    oatmeal..welcome. You will get a lot more help if you post your new diet with macros for each meal and total daily using this format:
    Calories/g of Protein/g of Carbs/g of Fat
    I use livestong.com - it is easy and really tells you what you are eating. And easier for the diet gurus to help you switch it up!

Macros are as follows:

1650 Cal / Day
    50% P, 30% C, 20% F

Upped my calories to 1850, ratios are the same.
    Feeling tired and listless more than I'd like.

^^^ have you started your cycle? and if so, what? all this info helps....THANKS! Glad to see you are still around~
    Author Unknown

Hey Slimmer -
    I was getting so much negative feedback from (much younger) folks about diet improvements first to lower BF% before a cycle. The last few weeks I've been reading here about an hour a day (I'm a voracious info-gatherer) and come to the same conclusions as when I started - I can lose fat along with muscle, or keep both. While I do agree my goals are attainable naturally, It would take me possibly years to do so...

So to answer your question, yes, I have started a cycle. (Test-E, and EQ with Arimidex as necessary, and Nolva for PCT). So far I couldn't be happier. On such a diet as this (1650-1850 cal) I would be losing fat very slowly - less than a pound a week - and more tired as I am now. BUT I would also be losing strength and muscle mass along with it.

My strength is going UP since starting my cycle. (a lot!) I can already see new muscle, and slimmer mid-section, even though it's only been 2.5 weeks since I started.

Not saying it's what "everyone else would have done" but I've noticed many of them are well under 35... I'm here to tell you, they simply have NO IDEA how much things change between 30 and 40-something. So, I'm foraging ahead. I'm pleased with my results so far.

Any tips/ideas/pointers?
    Thanks for taking interest in me and my goals!

P.S., you are REALLY looking GREAT! Those seashells fit you quite nicely! : )

^^ THANKS Oatmeal....glad you like Mermaids....
    Author Unknown

Thread Information