Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    thank you for this! PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
    it put a smile on my face-- i needed it!

yesterday's food wasn't bad untill after sleep meds.. then i had TJ's canned smoked herring...
    MONDAY 7/30/2012

BREAKFAST
    CALS 272, 21C/25P/9.8F
    Wake up Rice Cakes, Brown Rice, Plain + almond butter + protein pwdr+orac green

LUNCH
    CALS 217, 11C/26P/6.8F
    3 oz chicken breast 1 corn tortilla 2 tsbp pico de gallo

SNACK during shoulder resistant band workout at home.. 2 sets each of the 3 muscle groups
    CALS 379 54C/36P/3.2F
    Shakeology + protein pwder + psylium husks+ ½ c pineapple, 1/8c blueberries

DINNER
    CALS 435 76C/18.3P/6.4F
    Rice and vegetable stew

Binged after sleep meds.. smoked herring.. 

today had an appt with hemologist.. woke up late
    need to have blood taken out-- looks like my low dose of T gel has greatly increased my red blood cells..too much!.. shoot!

shakeology + pea protein
    dr appt..
    gym chest 3exs 3 set treadmill 30mins
    high protein turkey sandwich w/mustard from gym.. although i should have had bread. i needed food.
    protein shake

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i like the chocolate flavored PB2
    herring - is that high in salt??? i have to watch salts when I am not doing serious cardio..water retention
    i am still trying to understand why your carbs are higher then your protein. seems like your carbs are high or your fats are high, but the protein is not so high????
    i avoided that overwhelmed feeling by eating the same dang thing most everyday. simple kept me sane!
    nothing wrong with baby steps : )

Blog Entries
    you are right i cant seem to get the carbs down.. i was aiming for 50, 30, 20.. and it seems when i log veggies it always spikes my carb out. i am not sure how many calories i am really need to have or even how much protein at this point. i have heard it is good to have carbs after you work out to help body replenish it's self. i am pretty overwhelmed right now.. and getting conflicting information from the medical dr's i have seen /spoken too regarding this blood count stuff-- so yes i guess a baby step would be figure out how many cals i really need.. how much fat, carbs and protein.. and then try to come up with a plan around that.. i was aiming for 1300 a day- and that is too hard and then when i exerise for an hour i think 1300 is not enough.

qkcam.
    I have take 1/2 sweet potatoe or yam bout before a vigorous workout. After a virgorous workout, I have 1/4 cup of oatmeal with 1 scoop of protein powder with water. After workout, body needs more protein to restore muscle and some carbs.

Use the link to calculate your TDEE. I use sendentary (the lowest multiplier) even though I work out 5 times a week, I primarily sit at a desk. If I was a construction worker, I would be able to eat more, since much more active. Let us know what you calculate.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...gy-Expenditure

Lets start from here! And then work on splits depending on your goals

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    well we did it ~ we desided to start a juicers lifestyle!
    heres what we got, one of the best rated juicers.. i will let you know how it goes chicka

keep you the great work lady!!! <3

Blog Entries
    thanks for the TDEE.. babysteps.. i did the calculations sedentary is 1743.09 light active since i try to do some exercise at least 3x a week.. 1997.29

let me know what you think .. if you want

they took away my "candy " for a week.. off the T and iron suppliments- and PMS without hormone stablity- no fun. baby steps.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    thanks for the TDEE.. babysteps.. i did the calculations sedentary is 1743.09 light active since i try to do some exercise at least 3x a week.. 1997.29

let me know what you think .. if you want

they took away my "candy " for a week.. off the T and iron suppliments- and PMS without hormone stablity- no fun. baby steps.

thanks
    Members often report the TDEE numbers are too high so suggest start with the lower of the 2!

This is the next step - What is your goal? Lose weight??? build muscle??? increase strength, endurance??
    If you want to loose (approx one pound per week, you need to take in 500 less calories every day (7X500) = calories in one pound.
    If you want to gain, you will need to eat differently and train differently then when cutting.

So what is your immediate goal? Lets get this party started!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Members often report the TDEE numbers are too high so suggest start with the lower of the 2!

This is the next step - What is your goal? Lose weight??? build muscle??? increase strength, endurance??
    If you want to loose (approx one pound per week, you need to take in 500 less calories every day (7X500) = calories in one pound.
    If you want to gain, you will need to eat differently and train differently then when cutting.

I would love to do all 3 at the same time.. possible? anything is possible right? so if i went by the lowest number that would put me at about 1200 cals a day- wow.. not much does that account for muscles mass and needing to maintain that? even if i only did the higher number and stuck to 1500 cals a day.. then i would love .5 a pound a week.. 2 months a month.. that would be huge..

So what is your immediate goal? Lets get this party started!!!!
    I would love to do all 3 at the same time.. possible? anything is possible right? so if i went by the lowest number that would put me at about 1200 cals a day- wow.. not much does that account for muscles mass and needing to maintain that? even if i only did the higher number and stuck to 1500 cals a day.. then i would love .5 a pound a week.. 2 months a month.. that would be huge..

Not everything is possible at the same time IMHO.

I don't recall you mentioning 1200 cal a day until today!?!

what are your stats, bf% height and weight?

what is your immediate goal??? I am trying to help you but not sure what you want help with first.

Blog Entries
    i guess the immediate goal would be to lose weight in a way that i can maintain enough energy .. thanks for trying to help i am a tough case with the cfs issue. my stats are 45 5'5" and 180 ... i have reallly big leg muscles though and big shoulders.. I am sorry i dont know my body fat % my arms are pretty solid even where the sometimes floppy lack of triceps can be. but i do have a layer of filo all over yet i am starting to see more defination . i cut my calories back when i started logging my food into calorie count- i must have been eating 2000 a day or more then. calorie count said 1200 so my goal was 1500 i figured that was a big shift frem what i was eating. i noticed though on days i logged in exercise i was allowed to eat more calories based on the type and amount of activity. immediate goal would be to keep the muscle i have and get rid of the fat. hope this makes sense. sorry i dont have body fat #'s ...

thanks a bunch!

let's focus on cutting while keeping the muscle you have Genetically, we have certain shapes so lets just play the cards we were dealt! I make the best of my worst...girly secrets

don't worrry about the bf%. A lot of gyms can measure it for you with calipers...it's often not accurate if they do only 3 points, but just gives you a ballpark.

I don't have time 2nite, but will get back with you on the TDEE. 1200 is not enuff calories for your stats; without running calculations, its too low. Stick with 1600 for now.

Blog Entries
    very kind of you.. know hurry ..this is going to be a long process with someone like myself that can't do cardio. but i can walk! yay! have a good nite.. and oh.. one big obstical i have noticed with my "night eating" which i think it shooting me in the foot- so to speak.. i take ambian to sleep.. and then i often find myself much less resistant to the foods-- working on it thoough and at least i have awareness!! had good workout yesterday-
    it is funny i dont eat sweets, i dont have lattes or chips or ..so many things- yet i guess beacasue my body is so out of whack in other ways my metabolizim must be really off. take your time.. thanks for your kindness..!

Blog Entries
    MONDAY 8.6.12 1874CAL/ 115C/169P/85F fat got messed up from a salad.. i didnt look at dressing contents

BREAKFAST CALS 525 36C/52P/21F
    BROWN RICE CAKE 1 TSP PEANUT BUTTER
    , SHAKOLOGY, ORAC GREEN, PEA PROTEIN

WORK OUT CHEST 3 EX 3SETS TRIS 3 EX 3SET ABS 30MIN WALKING LEVEL 4.5 AND 2 (2 hours total)
    LUNCH/SNACK POST WORKOUT
    CALS 420/C 45/48P/6.8F
    SHAKEOLOGY + 1 TSP PSYLIIUM HUSKS + 1 SCP PEA PROTEIN + 1/3 C OATS

DINNER
    CALS 680/ 26C/50P/41F
    Roasted chicken breast,
    5.5oz steamed spinach
    Mozzarella & tomato salad from trader joes with ½ the dressing (balsamic vinegar)
    ½ Grapefruit
    WHY DOES THE SALAD DRESSING HAVE 21G OF FAT??? SHUCKS.. I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED FIRST! 4
    IT BLEW MY FAT COUNT OUT FOR THE DAY~

NITESNACKS 150C 7C/20P/16F
    =
    EGGOLOGY 60/ 0C/13P/0F
    PEANUT BUTTER 190CALS 7C/7/16F

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    you are right i cant seem to get the carbs down.. i was aiming for 50, 30, 20.. and it seems when i log veggies it always spikes my carb out. i am not sure how many calories i am really need to have or even how much protein at this point. i have heard it is good to have carbs after you work out to help body replenish it's self. i am pretty overwhelmed right now.. and getting conflicting information from the medical dr's i have seen /spoken too regarding this blood count stuff-- so yes i guess a baby step would be figure out how many cals i really need.. how much fat, carbs and protein.. and then try to come up with a plan around that.. i was aiming for 1300 a day- and that is too hard and then when i exerise for an hour i think 1300 is not enough.
    QK i can help u with that if ud like. do u know ur bf%? if not get it chekd. (if u would like me to help u ) u wanna base cals on LBM. once u have ur required cals figured out then u come up with macro split. as far as veggies screwing up ur carb count some people count veggie carbs and some dont. i used to but dont anymore. i just figure up my carbs and then throw the veggies on top and dont even look at em. makes it easier and i doubt im gonna hold fat or gain fat from spinach!

welcome 405!! Nice to have you join QK's party If you read a few posts back, you will get a good idea that she is motivated!!!

QK...I rarely use salad dressing anymore! Iwould rather chew on more food, so instead use the seasonings from my grilled chicken or use a little baba ganoush

thx GGR!

QK i noticed u said u can walk. thats great news! i dont understand whatever physical limitations u have but if u can walk on a treadmill on an incline u can def work with that!

i would suggest getting ur bf% measured. basing cals on LBM is the best (and only IMO) way to go. if u dont want to get it chekd with calipers i suggest u google "bod pod" for ur area and go there. it is a machine that looks like an egg with a window on the front. u sit in it and it uses air pressure to chek ur bf%. it is the most accurate method available today and can be trusted. the one by my work costs $35.00 and took about half an hr. theyll give u a print out of ur bf% and ur LBM and other stuff too.

the basic idea is to find out how much LBM u have and then feed only that. as a result u will burn fat.

Blog Entries
    thanks 405 and GGR for your support! I will find a way to get the body fat measured...maybe after monthlly would be better? less water rention.. yes i can walk! have had 2 days in a row of 30mins on the treadmill.. i am kinda pushing it with my immune system to go from 10 to 30mins and inclinde 4 to 4.5 .. i may try to do 20mins everyday and a couple times a week push to 30mins.
    also i really love doing weights at the gym.. i could do it everyday when my energy and health is good. I need to find a way to "pace" myself and i dont want to overtrain.. i need no more injuries. yet at this point the gym is reaally the only thing i have left ..it helps me to feel structured and the "mostly gay guy" gym in SF is one of the best big open floorplan...lots of equipment and weights .. and i feel much inspired there and they folks are nice.
    it is a bit of a drive and a bridge toll..but i am telling myself i am worth it.. ! i spent 2 hours there on monday-- and an hour at a different gym yesterday- not as friendly.. but nice equipment.

so i will work on making a plan to get bf measured..yay! sounds like a good next step.. and i can already see changes in my body in the small changes in food. i do need more "real food"thoough probably and less "protien powders" and thinking maybe somehow to be a "vegan" body builider? going "vegan" seemed to help venus williams with her auto immune disorder .. although she isn't 100% she made it back to the tennis courts.

i appreciate you all's support! i need it.
    thank you

making strides!

good deal on the bf%. ill look for it maybe stop by my thread if u want and let me know or just to say hey this way i wont be bothering u ladies all the time

as far as the vegan thing goes if it helps ur autoimmune disorder then i say go for it! obviously its less than ideal from a BB perspective but can be worked around im sure

look forward to hearing from u. small changes that stay consistent over a period of time can produce the results ur looking for it may just take a little longer. i dont know if u have access to a treadmill at home but suggest once u get ur diet more in proper order to either do ur cardio am fasted or PWO.. (fasted am being my pref) ..

Blog Entries
    I need to learn how to manuvere around these threads .. so i can come visit. i hate sitting at a computer really. . i am not "clearly defined" as autoimmune.. yet not clearly ruled out either. I dont really have room for a treadmill inside but i could go for a walk around neighborhood which has alot of hills and steps.. for 15 to 20mins.. i may be hypoglycemic so i need to be careful about am "cardio" it is really easy for me to go long periods of time without eating- and i am working on changing that.. i am glad you came on to the thread ..I thought it was open to all?
    thanks

^^ it is open to all but i think typically guys dont venture into female dominated threads i just was bored one day and happened to glance in here and made what i thought was a humorous observation and, well u know the rest of the story

walking outdoors if fine. typically the main characteristic of good cardio is Heartrate. if u can maintain 130 BPM (or so) IMO ur doing fine. if u have blood sugar issues it may make it a bit more challenging to take advantage of cardio done in a fasted state.

by the way when i say am fasted cardio i mean cardio done right when u wake up in the morning. this allows u to take advantage of the natural fast u just underwent during sleep. this is a very good time to do cardio because ur body will hopefully burn a fair amt of fat to fuel ur cardio session due to the fact u havent eaten in several hours.

i am not suggesting u deliberately go a long period of time during the day without food

Blog Entries
    i know what you mean by "fasting cardio" i just know i am slow moving in the morning.. also a while back someone on this tread enlightment me about some information regarding CFids which is what my "current" diagnoise is.. means you are sick but they really dont know why.. anywhy the info she shared was for cfids folks it is good to keep our heartrates under 110.. i know kinda messes up the "carido" effects .. and i also know last fall when i was on the eleptical in the 129 to 149 bpm range i was getting sick alot.. in theroy it has something to do with folks with this "cifds" can make enough mitrocrondial to support our bodies abilty to recover from exercsie.. so what ever attempt I make need to be "slowly graded" and i am bad at this... as soon as i start feeling "good" i push myself really fast and end up sick agina..and sometimes it takes months and numerous antibiotics to get well.. so i figure walking for 20 to 30 mins on an incline even at 109 bpm.. i am doing better than being sick in the bed and it helps with stress.. one thing about working out it really helps me to feel "empowerd" in mybody-- which is really important for a person with health challanges that is not being "empwerd " by the medical system. so working out really helps my mind on many levels.. and the key is like you said..slow changes overtime... i am glad you got board and come over to this forum..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    thx GGR!

QK the basic idea is to find out how much LBM u have and then feed only that. as a result u will burn fat.
    QK, steady incremental improvements is better than NONE!!!! diet is key and all movement is good

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    a wise woman who use to be a frequent poster use to tell me, slow, steady, and most importantly, consistency is the key to this! glad you are back logging in!

Blog Entries
    good to see a familiar cajun! I feel into the abyss of pms for a couple days.. but back at it.

i am going to try to do a "shakeology" cleanse for the next 3 days.. we'll see what happens.. cause the past 2 days I was mindful of my food and didnt eat sugar.. but it was a struggle.

today
    rice cake with almond butter
    shakeolgoy w/ added pea protein
    1/2 c oats, 1/2 c blueberries
    workout:
    back - bi's walking 20mins
    post work out shakeology + pea protein 1 banana

snack 1 pear

snack shakeology

dinner green salad 4 oz of burnt fish.. ( i couldn't find orange roughy but found white and accidentally burnt it on the broiler )

i guess i even messed up the shakeolgoy cleanse for the day with too much fruit and oats!

Blog Entries
    hey 405 how do i get over to your thread? i was trying to find it.. i saw somewhere that you dropped alot of body fat! are there before and after pics? what good inspiration!

hey 405 how do i get over to your thread? i was trying to find it.. i saw somewhere that you dropped alot of body fat! are there before and after pics? what good inspiration!
    ill make it easy on u QK

pics 1 and 2 are october

pics 3 and 4 are a week ago and yesterday (ish)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails female member trying lose weight**-original-2.jpg   female member trying lose weight**-photo-1-.jpg   female member trying lose weight**-photo-34-.jpg   female member trying lose weight**-aug8-1.jpg  

Blog Entries
    wow 405 that is amazing! what GREAT work! you did that pretty fast too! what was the secret?

todays food
    1436 cals 131c/146P/43f

30 mins treadmill 4.5 incline 2.5 to 3.5 speed

Blog Entries
    ps- what is a TRT?

Blog Entries
    todays food - i need to work on eating "real " food.. open for ideas.. i cant do eggs ..only occasionally and no dairy..thanks
    1436 cals 131c/146P/43f

½ rice cake 1 tsp almond butter

Shakeology + psylum husKs+ ¾ c strawberries + ½ scoop pea protein

1 plum 7 almonds pre workout

30 mins treadmill 4.5 incline 2.5 to 3.5 speed

Shakeology + ½ scoop pea protein post workout

½ banana 12 almonds

Big green salad, 1 chicken breast

shakeology

^^^ relying on "real" food is better then shakes IMHO. I use shakes SPARINGLY on a streneous work out day only post w/out and only a little so I am not canabolizing my lean muscle before I can get my dinner in me

BTW, your big green salad and 1 chic breast is exactly what I eat for lunch or for dinner...that's a good meal every day of the week.

Have you had a chance to get your BF%????

Blog Entries
    I hear ya GGR about the shakes. it just seems so easy- this is the 3rd and last day of the "shakeology" cleanse.. i am hoping it will be a good kickstarting point for me.. supposed to lose a couple pounds.. and i really need to work on the food plan.. i dont know what to eat for breakfast anymore since i can't have egg whites everyday..
    i saw at the gym they will do body fat testing.. and i did some research on google for bod pods-- i dont have the "tight clothes" to wear for the bod pod.. so i am contemplating the gym..although they will probably try to sign me up for training. -- or getting some calipers and doing it myself? monthly cycle is almost over so will do it sometime this week.. the next step.

thank you everybody

Blog Entries
    I pulled the biggest loser cookbook off the shelf. next goal too is to learn to cook as easy quickly low fat and palitable as i can- i get really overwhelmed with the idea of cooking- i dont know why.. i can go to the gym but cooking-- seems so complicated for my adhd mind..

i do have a george foreman and a broiler- and i can steam veggies- yet i dont know what as far as spice and flavorings .. i have no idea why it seems so complicated for me..
    so this is a good goal..walk through my anxiety and accept that i might have some burnt or not so tasty food in the beginning- ; )

Blog Entries
    1,432cals 133 c/ 150p/ 39f

this is crazy.. i cant wait untill real food tomorrow.. it certainly has given me an apprecation for all the tastyness of a salad! I havent even followed the "cleanse " to the T.. i have added way more fruit and protein pwder than suppposed to be.. i don't see how people can do this! i was a grumpy pants all day! but man! that salad was good!!

Shakeology + psylum husKs+ ¾ c strawberries +1 banana + ½ scoop pea protein

1 plum 13 almonds

Shakeology

Big green salad, 1 chicken breast 5oz, 1 oz fish

Shakeology + ½ sp pea protein

I pulled the biggest loser cookbook off the shelf. next goal too is to learn to cook as easy quickly low fat and palitable as i can- i get really overwhelmed with the idea of cooking- i dont know why.. i can go to the gym but cooking-- seems so complicated for my adhd mind..

i do have a george foreman and a broiler- and i can steam veggies- yet i dont know what as far as spice and flavorings .. i have no idea why it seems so complicated for me..
    so this is a good goal..walk through my anxiety and accept that i might have some burnt or not so tasty food in the beginning- ; )
    i too hate to spend time in the kitchen, so I prepare all my meals for the whole week in one day off in about 2 - 3 hours. I boil or grill or pressure cook chicken and grill fish, seafood, veggies, and even a steak once in a great while. I also buy those steamer packages of brocilli and other veggies - super easy.

spices..just buy a bunch of them and get creative. I used to worry about all that but not anymore...you really can't do much damage with spices I just threw together some fresh veggies (zucchini yellow and green, bell peppers and some balsamic vinegar, drizzle of EVOO and made 3 alumimum packages on the grill with different spices....YUMMY!!!!

As far as breakfast protein, why can't you eat a little chicken for breakfast. If I had an egg allergy, I would just eat more of some other lean protein I guess. I think I have an intolerance for lactid acid, so I am going to look for alernatives to cottage cheese and yogart...and I'll find something.

Have u ever had dim sim for breakfast...can't find a single egg on that menu! Hahahaha. So don't feel restricted to eating what OP do, cuz gal, you are not like OP anymore

wow 405 that is amazing! what GREAT work! you did that pretty fast too! what was the secret?
    no secret QK just a good low carb/carb cycle diet, cardio, and weightlifting

ps- what is a TRT?
    TRT is testosterone replacement therapy. my body only produces about 25% of what it should so i have to supplement.

and thx for the compliment

Blog Entries
    so i bought spices and made food - I actually made chili..that was not too bad! i actually had "food" to eat after i worked out.. I am still under 1300 cals and i worked out for almost 90mins-- probably too much but felt good at the time.. - I have to find a way to get my cals up with "lean healthy foods?"
    405 i have heard about the low carb/carb cycle..but dont know much about it yet.?? i can tell you have worked hard you came a long way in a short time. good discipline! I love taking Testo.. i get great gains in the amount of weights i can move..but hte body seems to retain water on it and sometimes the RBC gets way too high.. even on lower doses.. it is all an experiment-

here is how today is shaping up.. i suspect i will be hungry again in a bit ..only 730 my time..maybe i just need to be hungry?
    I saw my trainer today..she looked great big lean muscles no body fat getting ready for competetion .. i also found her old food plan for me.. is seems like not many calories- salad meat, veggies meat.. and complex carb for breakfast.. hmm.. maybe i will try

BREAKFAST 578 53C/63P/15.1F
    ½ Shakeology 1scoop pea protein + Spiriluina+ ½ c oatmeal

Pre work out 34 1.1c/.8p/3.1f
    1 teaspoons quinoa
    1 teaspoon almond butter

CHEST/ TRIS (45mins) WALK 25 MINS ON INCLINE

Post workout lunch 355 cals 39c / 40p/4.4f

Steamed spinach, steamed bok choy, ½ c quinoa
    4 oz sliced turkey breast, ½ banana, energizer protein

DINNER 209cals 18c/23p/6f
    Homemade turkey chili with kidney beans (didn’t realize beans are so much carbs)
    Bok choy steamed

Blog Entries
    so far total is 1253 cals 112c/141p/29f
    the carbs and fat are lowering-- what do you think GGR?
    cals burnt with exercise. 472

i am pooped!

so far total is 1253 cals 112c/141p/29f
    the carbs and fat are lowering-- what do you think GGR?
    cals burnt with exercise. 472

i am pooped!
    QK its all gonna be guessing until we find out how much LBM u have.

heres a decent explanation of carb cycling (although with ur limitations it may prove to be a bit tuff to accomplish)

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UCo9Vp2PW6N

Blog Entries
    I orderd the body fat calipers on amazon for 4 bucks..and i also asked at the gym.. next step is to make an appt and do it! thansk for the link!

I orderd the body fat calipers on amazon for 4 bucks..and i also asked at the gym.. next step is to make an appt and do it! thansk for the link!
    good deal. for $4 im not sure how accurate they would be. the ones i have at my house were $400.00 did u google bod pod?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information