Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't able to follow my dinner plans..instead i have shredded chicken taco, and 1/4 c rice 1/4 beans (makes a complete protein, no? and about 7 chips.. then went to trader joes and resisted the temptation for chocolate while i was waiting in the check out line-- not easy to do with PMs!!

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    LOVE LOVE LOVE trader joes! ever tried the kalmatos? they are like bronwish purpley tomates and I nibble on them with pepper or basil ..mmmmm the bean dip is awsome..0 carbs 0 fat 0 sugars and diff levels of spiceyness, great to dip radish slices in.

pms is NOT a friend of mine either lol i have named mine TOM (time of month) and I hate when TOM comes for a visit, cant wait till he leaves, he actualy tries to posses my hands, making them grope at candy bars with desire, but TOM is not the boss a me, and I now refuse to be a sub to his dom lol
    so WAY TA GO GIRL! and awsome job putting it out there that ...yes your human, and you didnt stay on plan BUT you made other healthy choices instead ... except the chips lol

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Trader Joe's is awesome! I go every week!! They do also have ALOT of tempting junk food though... :\

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    LOVE LOVE LOVE trader joes! ever tried the kalmatos? they are like bronwish purpley tomates and I nibble on them with pepper or basil ..mmmmm the bean dip is awsome..0 carbs 0 fat 0 sugars and diff levels of spiceyness, great to dip radish slices in.
    thanks Sexy 4-- bean dip- i will have to look for it!

pms is NOT a friend of mine either lol i have named mine TOM (time of month) and I hate when TOM comes for a visit, cant wait till he leaves, he actualy tries to posses my hands, making them grope at candy bars with desire, but TOM is not the boss a me, and I now refuse to be a sub to his dom lol
    so WAY TA GO GIRL! and awsome job putting it out there that ...yes your human, and you didnt stay on plan BUT you made other healthy choices instead ... except the chips lol
    this really made me laugh!!!-- for some reason TOM has decieded to set up camp this month!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Trader Joe's is awesome! I go every week!! They do also have ALOT of tempting junk food though... :\
    I like your new photo gbrice!! how much on your lat pulldown!! awesome! i managed to bypass the traderjoe junk food, only had a vietnamese coffee yesterday before the gym

yesterday:

meal 1: oatmeal, rasberries, blueberries - 1scp protein powder, 1 scp greens

snack: handful blueberries, handful almonds

workout: arms

post workout: 1scp protein pwdr, 1 scp greens

lunch: left over tri-tip about 3.5 ozs., spinach steamed and broccoli, and 1/2 yam

dinner got sketchy and mixed was doing some computer work for a friend, not well prepared

eas low carb protein drink
    chicken breast, 1/2 yam.

Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    I like your new photo gbrice!! how much on your lat pulldown!! awesome!
    lol thanks hun! Not sure on the lat pulldown, haven't done em' in a long time!

i managed to bypass the traderjoe junk food, only had a vietnamese coffee yesterday before the gym
    Great job! I should clarify - I love Trader Joe's, AND hate them - because of that WONDERFULLY SINFUL junkfood they have!

yesterday:

meal 1: oatmeal, rasberries, blueberries - 1scp protein powder, 1 scp greens

snack: handful blueberries, handful almonds

workout: arms

post workout: 1scp protein pwdr, 1 scp greens
    Wouldn't mind seeing more complex carbs

lunch: left over tri-tip about 3.5 ozs., spinach steamed and broccoli, and 1/2 yam
    I'd remove the yam from this meal and eat it (or a comparable carb source and qty) with your PWO. I know I know, not as fun as a steak and potatoes meal w/ greens!

dinner got sketchy and mixed was doing some computer work for a friend, not well prepared

eas low carb protein drink
    chicken breast, 1/2 yam.
    I wouldn't have the yam here - just protein, greens, and a bit of fat (fish oils).

Looking better though, you'll get there!
    Last edited by gbrice75; 08-12-2011 at 04:21 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Baby steps....

Keep focused.

It will pay off.....and COME OFF!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries

so whats your secret then wide grip row?

Great job! I should clarify - I love Trader Joe's, AND hate them - because of that WONDERFULLY SINFUL junkfood they have!

please remind, i used to know this -- can you give some examples? i am stuck on the yams but open for more options..

I'd remove the yam from this meal and eat it (or a comparable carb source and qty) with your PWO. I know I know, not as fun as a steak and potatoes meal w/ greens!

I wouldn't have the yam here - just protein, greens, and a bit of fat (fish oils). forget to switch them from am to pm.. old habit

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Baby steps....

Keep focused.

It will pay off.....and COME OFF!
    I have been noticing a slight bit more defination in my arms and legs-- but today is a down day the body is wiped out : ( thats okay i have lots of food. including cereal with water on it!

including cereal with water on it!

Blog Entries

I wouldn't have the yam here - just protein, greens, and a bit of fat (fish oils).

what's your secret ingredient, I see guys at the gym pulling really wide rows with alot of weights? is that it?
    also could you give me more ideas of "complex carbs?" i used to know, but the ticks got to my brain with the lyme... forgot some.. i need a new food or two idea to obcess on.. i keep eating the same thing all the time makes it easier- will worry about bordem when that day comes- for now, i am just glad to be eating-! and i think it is saving me money too boot!

Blog Entries
    ok- i get it..i have the brown rice steamer going.. .. thanks.. open to other easy cooking, or non cooking "complex carb" options. ideas- thanks!

Blog Entries
    today
    1st meal: 1/4 cup oatmeal, with about a 1/2 cup total raspberries and blueberries
    protein powder- (25gms) green pwdr, 1 egg, 3 whites

2nd meal: protein pwder&green pwdr, 1/2 bananna, tsp peanut butter
    a bit later fresh jucie, lemon, garlic, ginger, apple, beat

3rd meal: 1 chicken breast grilled with 2 slices 40% lean bacon grilled on george foreman
    1. 5 pieces ezekial bread- with light digion mustard
    4 ozs steamed spinach

i really want to eat indian food-- naan..!! they do have whole wheat but i have never tried it..?

what's your secret ingredient, I see guys at the gym pulling really wide rows with alot of weights? is that it?
    Let me preface my answer by stating I hate my back personally - I think it sucks and is really lagging - therefore I don't claim to have any 'secrets'.

With that said - I think back is one of those macho exercises that guys tend to sacrifice form form heavy weight. Put the ego aside, lower the weight, and execute proper form. Full ROM, squeeze and hold every rep for a second. Twist put it best - try and imagine pinching a pencil between your shoulder blades. This is with rows and pull down type exercises alike.

Also, with pull ups - guys do these half assed reps where they don't go all the way down - and in so doing, they give their bi's a good workout but not the back. I make sure to come to a complete hang on every rep. That ensures my back is doing the bulk of the work.

For me though it's probably deads. I really go all out on them.

also could you give me more ideas of "complex carbs?" i used to know, but the ticks got to my brain with the lyme... forgot some.. i need a new food or two idea to obcess on.. i keep eating the same thing all the time makes it easier- will worry about bordem when that day comes- for now, i am just glad to be eating-! and i think it is saving me money too boot!
    Not sure what's on your current list, but here's an incomplete list:

oats
    yam/sweet potato
    quinoa
    lentils
    beans
    whole grain/brown pastas
    whole grain/brown breads (sprouted grains are best vs. flour)
    brown or basmati rice
    grits
    cous cous
    barley
    some cereals - in moderation. Ones very low in sugar - cheerios, wheetabix, shredded wheat (no not frosted, lol)

I'm sure there are many others, but those are what I can think of off the top of my head.

Blog Entries
    Let me preface my answer by stating I hate my back personally - I think it sucks and is really lagging - therefore I don't claim to have any 'secrets'.

With that said - I think back is one of those macho exercises that guys tend to sacrifice form form heavy weight. Put the ego aside, lower the weight, and execute proper form. Full ROM, squeeze and hold every rep for a second. Twist put it best - try and imagine pinching a pencil between your shoulder blades. This is with rows and pull down type exercises alike.

Also, with pull ups - guys do these half assed reps where they don't go all the way down - and in so doing, they give their bi's a good workout but not the back. I make sure to come to a complete hang on every rep. That ensures my back is doing the bulk of the work.

For me though it's probably deads. I really go all out on them.

Not sure what's on your current list, but here's an incomplete list:

oats
    yam/sweet potato
    quinoa
    lentils
    beans
    whole grain/brown pastas
    whole grain/brown breads (sprouted grains are best vs. flour)
    brown or basmati rice
    grits
    cous cous
    barley
    some cereals - in moderation. Ones very low in sugar - cheerios, wheetabix, shredded wheat (no not frosted, lol)

I'm sure there are many others, but those are what I can think of off the top of my head.
    I think your back looks great! i have alot of "body part" issues, but after being sick for so long and having a bad injury years ago that kept me out of the gym.. i am really working on appreciating having a body that works! it may not be like the "magazines" images...yet she keeps me going.. i hope i can encourage you to enjoy your back, for it is strong and healthy and lean!
    and thanks for the list of complex carbs- gives me something to think about on this journey.. i do like beans...

I think your back looks great!
    Thank you!!

i have alot of "body part" issues, but after being sick for so long and having a bad injury years ago that kept me out of the gym.. i am really working on appreciating having a body that works!
    You have a wonderful attitude. Many people can learn from and be inspired by you!

it may not be like the "magazines" images...yet she keeps me going..
    This is what I mean!

i hope i can encourage you to enjoy your back, for it is strong and healthy and lean!
    See? You're already helping me!!!

and thanks for the list of complex carbs- gives me something to think about on this journey.. i do like beans...
    You bet! And re: beans - they're a wonderful food. Nature's own colon cleanser. They literally 'scrape' the intestinal walls as they go through the digestion process. On top of that, they're an excellent complex carb source. White Navy, Red/Pink Kidney, Black, Chick Peas (Garbonzo Beans) just to name a few - all great.

Blog Entries
    Thank you!!

You have a wonderful attitude. Many people can learn from and be inspired by you!

This is what I mean!

See? You're already helping me!!!

You bet! And re: beans - they're a wonderful food. Nature's own colon cleanser. They literally 'scrape' the intestinal walls as they go through the digestion process. On top of that, they're an excellent complex carb source. White Navy, Red/Pink Kidney, Black, Chick Peas (Garbonzo Beans) just to name a few - all great.
    we are all helping each other- isn't that what being human in about? I love pinto beans and mexican food.. exhausted..long day today -

Blog Entries
    i can't figure out how to do the indivudual quotes like you did gbrice--hmm need more computer skills.

today:
    rushed out to appt.
    coffee, non-fat oatmeal scone, protein pwdr, scp green pwdr

myoplex shake at gym with 3o min shoulder workout-- either the coffee or the myoplex gave me energy
    30 mins walking on treadmill.

rice about 1 cup.. white, the place i went didnt' have brown, veggies,grilled chicken

spirilina and water

hummus, 3 falafels, babaganoush, 1 dolma

later will be cottage cheese and 2 fish oils-

feels like i didnt have enough veggies today. and the day didnt get off to a good food start.. but not too bad... thank goodness for the green powder and spiriluina.... i am ready to veg out..

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    to do individual quotes you press the button beside "reply with quote" that has a quotation symbol and + sign, this allows you to quote multiple people, then reply as normal

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    to do individual quotes you press the button beside "reply with quote" that has a quotation symbol and + sign, this allows you to quote multiple people, then reply as normal
    thanks Phate! ...how to breakt it down, when one person makes alot of comments into seperate quotes? i have seen that a few times. so far good day with food!

SOUNDS GREAT! A GOOD DAY IS A SUPER DUPER DAY!

try to quote Phate, your post and this post and see if it works.....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    thanks Phate! ...how to breakt it down, when one person makes alot of comments into seperate quotes? i have seen that a few times. so far good day with food!
    SOUNDS GREAT! A GOOD DAY IS A SUPER DUPER DAY!

try to quote Phate, your post and this post and see if it works.....
    yay! that part worked.. but what i liked was the way gbrice had done quotes to different parts of my post... i am trying to figure out how to break down one quote into several individual .. i guess that doesnt make much sense?

off that topic - NECK workout. my neck got whiplash really bad years ago, and i want to strengthen the muscles cause it can eaisly pop out of place, (not too bad though) ..so at the gym they have a 4 way neck machine- i am trying to learn the proper way of using it as to not over extend.-- was trying to find an online video but no luck - wonder if anyone might have an idea where to find such a thing? thank you!

yay! that part worked.. but what i liked was the way gbrice had done quotes to different parts of my post... i am trying to figure out how to break down one quote into several individual .. i guess that doesnt make much sense
    Wouldn't you love to know my secret!!??

Blog Entries
    Ha! Yes, and yet sometimes mystery is a good thing!
    yesterday's food log:
    prewalk: protein pdr, grn pdr, spirilunia
    meal 1 1egg, 3 whites, 1 cup steel cut oats, w/ 1/2 c blue&raspberries
    meal 2 protein and green scp
    meal 3 1/3 swt potato, 3 oz beef, about 1/2 c spinach, some other veggies
    meal 4 1 c kashi cereal, 1/4cottage cheese, peanut butter on high protein toast, 2 fish oils
    needs work-- still not good at taking food with me, i can manage one meal, but more than that and i am hosed

Blog Entries
    today
    meal one: 1sp protein pwdr, grn pwdr, blueberries 1/4 c, 8ozs unsweetend almond milk
    powerwalk 30mins about 200 steps too
    meal two: 1/4 c oatmeal, 1egg, 3whites, cinamon on oatmeal
    meal 3: grilled chicken 1/2 c white rice, veggies- lettuce cucumber, tomato
    meal 4: protein pwdr, water
    meal 5: grilled chicken breast, steamed spinach

^^^ looking like good clean choices but don't forget to list where your workout fits into the day, assuming you're doing one. I'd assume between meals 3 and 4 in the first diet and 2 and 3 in the second based on the carbs.

Making strides gk. Do you plan to log in weight loss once a week? This helps to stay on track even more~

So proud of your progress. You are on the right path now!
    KEEP IT UP!
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    ^^^ looking like good clean choices but don't forget to list where your workout fits into the day, assuming you're doing one. I'd assume between meals 3 and 4 in the first diet and 2 and 3 in the second based on the carbs.
    i did put my "powerwalk" in.. and i had planned on doing light weights after the white rice, but got stuck in traffic..

Making strides gk. Do you plan to log in weight loss once a week? This helps to stay on track even more~

So proud of your progress. You are on the right path now!
    KEEP IT UP!
    i dont have a scale.. and according to the one at the gym, i havent really moved much.. maybe i am still doing too heavy on the weights gaining muscle as muscle weighs more than fat.. thanks gbrice and sm extraordinare! guess i have more work to do on the timing of my exercisms.. oh i mean exercise

Ok, saw the powerwalk but wasn't sure if you were also doing weights. Note i'd keep the carbs very minimal if you aren't weight training. I understand in this case you planned it but weren't able to get to it due to traffic - it happens.

Blog Entries
    yesterday:
    meal one : 1/4c oatmeal, rasp&blueberries- 3eggs 1 white
    Workout: BACK different exercises med to heavy about 30 mins
    post work out meal 2: scp protein pwdr, glutaimne 5gms, green pwder
    meal 3: beef skewer, rice, salad, lentil soup
    meal 4: cottage cheese tsp all nautral peanut btter handful goji's 2 fish oil (i love goji's and peanut butter!) but being careful

Feel sore and tired this am..

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    [QUOTE=qkcam;5722644]yesterday:
    meal 4: cottage cheese tsp all nautral peanut btter handful goji's 2 fish oil (i love goji's and peanut butter!) but being careful

Feel sore and tired this am..[/QUOTE]

Good...it is working. Sometimes I take a nap after I work out....not everyday, but especially on the weekend, if I can. YOU ARE DOING GREAT! The first month is the hardest....it does get easier!!

You are doing so well. And your spirit seems to have lifted too. Keep it up. THIS WILL WORK!
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=girlgymrat;5723087]
    yesterday:

Feel sore and tired this am..[/QUOTE]

Good...it is working. Sometimes I take a nap after I work out....not everyday, but especially on the weekend, if I can. YOU ARE DOING GREAT! The first month is the hardest....it does get easier!!
    thanks girlgym... i would lov nap but not very goo dat it, although sometimes i do soak in epsom salts and then make myself laydown and listen to some online hypnosis for various things- it seems to help the body get a deeper rest.

You are doing so well. And your spirit seems to have lifted too. Keep it up. THIS WILL WORK!
    thanks SM... i think the gamma injection are helping my stamnia which helps my mood- i hope.. and the food i am sure is helping too!

today
    4egg whites, 1 egg- oatmeal
    2nd meal pp/ with gren pwder
    25mins on treadmill inclinde 4.5
    3rd meal: post work out meal: turkey sandwich, with mustard and multigrain bread( they have these at the gym :}
    4th meal beans and rice 5 baked chips to dip in the beans and rice
    1" piece dark chocolate
    5th meal: cottage cheese and fish oil
    6th meal: oysters

I am so happy to see you EATING. This is a big improvement and even happier to hear you are feeling better.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks Slimm-- it is a process.. today is a rest day as the body wont let me do anything else- but i have alot of healthy food .. .started the day with
    meal one: lowfat coconut milk 1/2 c, grn pwder, pp, blueberries, 1/2 bananna.
    back to resting for me.. thinking about hummus and fafael for lunch.. hmmm.. not sure about the "contents " of it ? have a good day!
    it is all an experiment with the gammaglobulin seems this week i feel alot worse than last time- maybe it is killing off the lyme bugs!! a day of rest and warm liquids- and good food.

The body needs rest to grow properly so take your time off to replenish. Rest is paramount.
    Author Unknown

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    slimmer's right...REST when you need it .....and pick it back up as soon as you can!! Doin great girl!!!1

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    SM & girly must be on to something with the resting, cuz I have been going to sleep later or sleeping in ...was worried I was getting lazy, but it looks like its just our bodies telling us it needs to recover for a wee bit.
    ...and Omg I love what you ate TODAY
    "today
    4egg whites, 1 egg- oatmeal
    2nd meal pp/ with gren pwder
    25mins on treadmill inclinde 4.5
    3rd meal: post work out meal: turkey sandwich, with mustard and multigrain bread( they have these at the gym :}
    4th meal beans and rice 5 baked chips to dip in the beans and rice1" piece dark chocolate5th meal: cottage cheese and fish oil
    6th meal: oysters

SOUNDS DELISH!
    ...have you thought about posting any losses...inches? would LOVE to cheer on your progress gkcam

Blog Entries
    thanks SM and GGR... you all are the best. for some reason my leg muscles never seem to recover from exercise...i guess it is the cfids- who knows
    okay todays food:
    meal one: lowfat coconut milk 1/2 c, grn pwder, pp, blueberries, 1/2 bananna.
    meal two: snack, 1tsp peanut butter 1/2 bananna
    meal 3: 1/2 can lentil soup, 1/2 small sweet potato, 5 ozs spinach
    meal 4: handful goji berries, handful cashuws
    meal 5: sushi roll, that had 3 slices avacado, few pieces of salmon, brown rice - and mushroom barley soup

Blog Entries
    oops just saw your post sexy4 my.. yes resting is good..i have to remind myself that- and part of muscle building, immune building. I really appreciate everyone's support! i am not sure how to measure my losses... are there any? i dont really measure- and the scales seem inconsistant at the gym and or dr's office - although yesterday at the doc office it said 174.5 i think that was down a couple.. but not sure-- i was down 5 lbs last month after i got sick.. and then it all came back-- so we'll see what happens as i move forward.
    today seems like it was alot of carbs huh?

i just use a tape measure and keep a track record of the inches on body areas that are important to me. Its seriously kept me from having a full on gurly episode (due to no weight loss) if I didnt see the inches melting I would be very unhappy to say the least lol. I dont measure to often,just when I feel the need.
    I am soooo far from advising anyone on their diet (Im just fombeling around here too lady lol) sorry not much help to ya ~but Im sure the pro's well chime in on if the carbs are to high or low.

Love the girl power going on in this thread!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information