Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    hey sexy that was nice of you to look it up.. did you actually find a person with cfids that trains for marathon? on my email group they are always telling me to stay away from the gym and not work out... but in looking up adrenal fatigue (which really seems to be alot of my symptoms), but "western" med doesnt really address-- in the 21'st century adrenal fatigue book, he does say moderate weight training and other exericse is good.. in a discussion with my doc this we we came to the conclusion that western med is primarly for "end stage" disease..rather than preventative or maintence.. so you all take good "maintence" of those bods-- aside from working out.. dont want to burn out your systems like i did! of course i have had some wonderful adventures in my 44 years on the planet and some really good times-- overdoing!! so i think i want to come up with a different "training routine" so i am not "busting out" too much on days i have good energy- ... any ideas? maybe i need to just do 30mins a day at the gym doing something...?? even if i have energy to go for an hour? also if i did weights for 30mins a day how would that break down with the body parts? does that make sense?
    i read this really strange book while i was "on the couch" exhausted ... called Chemical Pink.. it is about a female body builder and this crazy guy ( he really had some issues) that is fixated on getting a female body building champ-- it is strange and intense.. and kinda twisted but thought i would share since it is about "body building" and alot of other things-- entertaining one doenst mind strange.

it would great to get some feedback about a different training routine with the weights that might be more like leaning than bulking-- thanks
    q

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ^ lol, well Im pretty clueless about MOST things so I dont like to voice an opinion unless I do a lill research
    I will see if I can re-find the link about the lady marithin runner ect.. maybe helpfull for you.
    TOTALY AGREE with you about US fixating on dealing with health issues rather than PREVENTING them
    Im my experiance, when I didnt feel up to working out, I made myself go to the gym, even if it was just to tan...I made the gym become part of my biological routine, so 5/10/30min is better than 0min give your self credit for every lillte bit you AND kick your self in the butt to give it your all agin the next day

...this is some I found, a little lite reading lol
    Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia

16. Exercise
    PrintEmail a Friend
    Being ill reduces activity level and produces deconditioning, fatigue, pain, stiffness, anxiety and depression. One way to start a spiral in the other direction is with exercise. Exercise counteracts all these factors. It produces a higher level of fitness; it reduces fatigue, pain and stiffness; and it improves mood.

Exercise is usually an important part of a treatment plan for fibromyalgia and may be helpful for CFS patients as well. Before starting an exercise program, check with your doctor. He or she may refer you to other professionals who specialize in exercise, such as physical or occupational therapists.

A comprehensive fitness program includes three types of exercise:

■Flexibility: Stretching reduces pain and stiffness, and keeps joints and muscles flexible. Stretching is often a good starting place for an exercise routine and also can be used as a warm-up for other forms of exercise. Other types of flexibility exercises include yoga and Tai Chi.
    ■Strength: These exercises increase muscle strength, making it easier for you to do your daily activities. Strength exercises are often done using weights, but you can begin with simple movements like standing up from a chair or moving your arms.
    ■Endurance: Often called "aerobic exercise," endurance work strengthens your heart and lungs. This form of exercise helps lessen fatigue and pain by giving you more stamina; it also improves sleep and mood. Examples include walking, biking and water exercise.
    Exercise: CFS vs. Fibromyalgia
    The type and amount of exercise you do will differ depending on the severity of your illness and on whether you have CFS or fibromyalgia.

For most CFS patients, exercise can easily trigger an intensification of symptoms, so patients should focus on avoiding post-exertional fatigue (excessive tiredness after activity). All physical activity should be considered exercise. Even if you don't have a formal exercise program, you are exercising already (and may be overdoing it!) if you do things like clean house, wash laundry, cook, shop or garden. For more on how to identify what is too much activity, see box. Because many CFS patients have a tight limit on how much activity they can do without increasing symptoms, doing exercise might require that some other activities be dropped or rescheduled.

Exercise programs for CFS often focus on flexibility and strength; endurance exercise may be helpful, but only for higher-functioning patients. Pacing should be applied in exercise, so that a period of activity is alternated with rest. For some people, the time of exertion might be only a minute, followed by up to several minutes of rest.

Heart Rate & Post-Exertional Malaise

If you have CFS, you are probably familiar with post-exertional malaise, the severe fatigue that results from doing too much. One trigger for malaise can be your heart rate. If it goes over a threshold, malaise will result. The threshold is often around 60% of maximum heart rate. (Maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age. For a person who is 50 years old, 60% of maximum heart rate is 102 beats per minute, calculated as: [220 - 50] x .60.)

Some people can exceed their threshold easily with everyday activity. For example, one person in our program found that just going up a flight of stairs pushed her heart rate beyond her threshold. Another person says that lifting her daughter used to push her over the edge. The solution for the first person was to stop halfway up the stairs for a brief rest. The solution for the second was to sit down and have the child climb into her lap. A third person, who found that many activities put her over her limit, learned to be active with less exertion. She sits down for many activities in the kitchen, empties the dishwasher in stages, and uses a grabber to pick up things without having to bend over.

Staying within your heart rate threshold can lead to an expansion of the energy envelope. One person in our program reported, "I've made a lot of progress in the past year, mostly thanks to heart rate monitoring, which trained me to reduce my activity to a level my body can handle. By forcing myself to stay within my limits, I have slowly achieved an increase in what I am able to do."

If you think you might benefit from monitoring your heart rate, check with your doctor. For more on this subject, see the article "Pacing by Numbers: Using Your Heart Rate To Stay Inside the Energy Envelope."

If the biggest danger for CFS patients is post-exertional malaise, the danger for fibromyalgia patients is immobility. If you have fibromyalgia, fellow FM patient and author Stacie Bigelow suggests you think about a cement truck. The contents of the truck remain soft as long as they are continually moving. If the drum stops rotating, however, the cement hardens into concrete. She and other authorities on exercise for FM patients recommend two to five minutes of movement after 20 to 30 minutes of being sedentary. You can experiment to find what combination works for you.

Ms. Bigelow suggests that an exercise program for fibromyalgia begin with increasing daily activity, things like showering, making the bed, preparing meals, shopping, and taking care of children. Attention to daily activity should also include sensitivity to posture and movement, and to the pacing of activity. As noted in the chapter on treating pain, one way to control pain is through proper posture and body mechanics. Also, alternating periods of activity with rest breaks reduces the likelihood of exacerbating pain.

A formal exercise program for fibromyalgia can begin with stretching. Like being active, stretching increases flexibility, thereby reducing pain and stiffness. A stretching routine can be done most days of the week. (For sample flexibility exercises, see Chapter 4 in Bigelow's book Fibromyalgia: Simple Relief through Movement and Chapter 6 in The Arthritis Foundation's Guide to Good Living with Fibromyalgia.) A fibromyalgia exercise program normally also includes an endurance component, such as walking or pool exercise. You may use one or several types of exercise. Often, people with fibromyalgia can do endurance work most days of the week. Lastly, an exercise routine for FM should include strength training two or three times a week. (For sample strengthening exercises, see The Arthritis Foundation's Guide to Good Living with Fibromyalgia and Chapter 12 in The Arthritis Helpbook.)

Many fibromyalgia patients participate in water exercise classes. One example is the Arthritis Foundation's Aquatics Program, offered in many locations in the United States. For information, see the Foundation's website: http://www.arthritis.org/.

Exercise Guidelines
    In creating your exercise program, consider the following general guidelines.

1. Individualize Your Program. Exercise programs for CFS and fibromyalgia should be tailored to the unique situation of each person. The type, duration and intensity of exercise will depend on the severity of your illness and also will differ depending on whether you have CFS or FM. Your tolerance for exercise may vary depending on time of day, so it's important to understand how your limits are affected by when you work out.

2. Set Realistic Goals. Exercise has a different purpose for CFS and FM patients than for healthy people. Healthy people may train for an event like a marathon or work on sculpting their bodies. They can set goals and push themselves. That approach is likely to make symptoms worse for people with CFS and fibromyalgia. An appropriate exercise goal for CFS would be to improve fitness enough to make daily activities easier. For fibromyalgia, it is realistic to use exercise to reduce stiffness and pain.

3. Start Low & Go Slow. Begin by finding a safe level of exercise, one that does not intensify your symptoms. The goal is to have a sustainable level of effort that you can do several times a week. To improve your flexibility, you might try stretching, yoga or Tai Chi. For strength training, use light weights or isometric and isotonic exercises. (Isometric exercise involves tightening muscles without moving your joints. Isotonic exercise involves joint movement.) In the endurance category, many people with CFS and FM use walking and water exercise programs. For some people, starting low may mean as little as one or two minutes of exercise per session.

It is usually advisable to keep the same duration goal for a considerable period of time and to increase the duration very gradually, as tolerated by the body. You may break down your total exercise times into a number of shorter sessions, aiming eventually for a total of something like a half an hour a day. It may take six months to a year to build up to a 30-minute routine; for some patients, 30 minutes is an unrealistic goal.

4. Monitor Yourself. The intensity of exercise for most patients should be in the 4 to 5 range, where 1 is resting and 10 is the most effort you can imagine. A standard often used to determine whether you have an appropriate level of aerobic exercise is the talk test: you should be able to carry on a conversation while exercising. If you have pain that lasts several hours after you finish, experiment with the intensity and length of your program. You may be able to reduce pain by experimenting with heat or massage before exercise and cold after. Heat in the form of heat pads or warm water (a shower or bath) increases blood flow; cold in the form of ice packs or bags of frozen vegetables reduces inflammation.

To evaluate your program and troubleshoot problems, consider keeping a record of your exercise and the consequences. You might record the time and duration of exercise, its intensity and your symptom level before, during, after and the next day. You can note symptoms using a ten point scale or letters like L, M and H to note low, medium and high. A diary can help you see the effects of exercise, some of which may be delayed for hours or even a day.

Sticking with It: Exercise for the Long Haul
    The benefits of exercise are greatest for those who exercise regularly. Here are some ideas for how to persevere with an exercise program.

I cant fid the site I did yesterday about the runner, but you may be able to if you do some searching
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 09-02-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    i have seen the tanning booths there.. !! I like the gym because it is a bit social for me too.. there is a great golds in SF i really like-- they have a fireplace and a smoothy bar- although i work really hard at staying away from the smoothy bar-- lots of very friendly older gay men.. and they can run circles around me- like even in their 60's! but they usually play really upbeat music and have very high industrial ceilings very spacious and lots and lots of equipment-- and it doenst smell like the golds gym in oakland! -- very clean- but oakland is closer .. - i even tried to jump start my gym experience by checking out the golds gyms in the south bay-- just for a change of pace-- it has been pretty cool to see how each gym is so different and some of them have the old style very heavy metal equipment- it has been fun exploring- when i go down for acupunture-i seem to have found a decent combo of stuff that is working with a better consistant energy level.. d-ribose, isocort (for adrenals) the b12s - a new multiy powder vitamin by a doc that had cfids and now works towards treating those with it-- called "from fatigued to fantastic" it is a powder vit with lots of b's and not too expensive.. It seems to help. -- and starting drinking eleuthero (although expensive-- too much for my blood) .. i seem to notice more consistant energy-- so now i just need to NOT OVERDO..

you are right.. even if i dont go to the gym.. i can make myself go for a walk around the trees-and get fresh air--- i like to do weights at the gym but not sure how to break them down to everyday? also i figure the most important thing i can do is let the adnreals try to "repair and heal" and work towards building back up my reserves -- and keeping a consistant level of energy so i get get more of a social life!!! slow is real.. and i need to stop the vietnamse coffees'!! they dont help the adrenals and arent working like they did a few weeks ago-- okay-- i am blappering.. i know i have to work really hard now to get myself healthy as i can- as the docs aren't really helping much- and i have been on medical leave for over a year-- and not better than i was when i started-.. time for rebuilding the reserves- !

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    maybe you could try doing a workout in which you hit all body parts. maybe do some dumbbell squats into a thrust? or, maybe do some kettlebell swings? you can do light weight, lots of reps with little to no rest, and keep the workout under 30 mins. if you feel that your energy level is higher, maybe look into crossfit routines. some involve heavy weights, but others are just bodyweight and light weight/lots of reps. look up the spartacus workout, it is like 10 exercises (so i think) and you can modify off of that.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Sexy4mySweetheart;5738264]^ lol, well Im pretty clueless about MOST things so I dont like to voice an opinion unless I do a lill research

If you have CFS, you are probably familiar with post-exertional malaise, the severe fatigue that results from doing too much. One trigger for malaise can be your heart rate. If it goes over a threshold, malaise will result. The threshold is often around 60% of maximum heart rate. (Maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age. For a person who is 50 years old, 60% of maximum heart rate is 102 beats per minute, calculated as: [220 - 50] x .60.)

Sexy- this is GREAT INFO... I have never been advised about HR other than getting up to 80% and I always get sick.. !!..I can try to keep it nice at low at the 60% zone and see how i do.. yesterday on the treadmill walk i was only up to 111 at the highest..and i dont feel exhausted today!! ... this is a great goal for me and awesome article- i have never seen such! thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    maybe you could try doing a workout in which you hit all body parts. maybe do some dumbbell squats into a thrust? or, maybe do some kettlebell swings? you can do light weight, lots of reps with little to no rest, and keep the workout under 30 mins. if you feel that your energy level is higher, maybe look into crossfit routines. some involve heavy weights, but others are just bodyweight and light weight/lots of reps. look up the spartacus workout, it is like 10 exercises (so i think) and you can modify off of that.
    Ragin I have seen the kettleballs..and they baffle me.. but will look up the spartacus- I LOVE SPARTACUS!!! the stars series..did you see it?? also i dont do well with sqauts or lunges,, cause the knees...but maybe i can build up to it.. If i did a workout that involved all body parts - with light weights- how often (many times a week) should i try? Thanks!! I am looking forward to getting a new routine-- except i love weights so will need to keep using them.. and NOT PUSH MYSELF-- THANK YOU!!

try to do it once, then build from there. i would say ideally 3 times, but if you can do one for now, that is a start. with the knees, try doing squats with no weights. just do a bunch of body squats or get some light dumbbells. kettlebells are fun and it gives your body a full workout. the swings are really good for ya hips! youtube it!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ragin! I found this site an followed.. did about 10 each.. not alot nor the 60mins they say...the Tpush up is hard.. i used to be able to do push ups..but can only do the partials.. it was fun--and quite the work out!!! i definatly need to build up! not as much fun as watching spartacus-
    I have seen people at the gym doing this--
    http://www.60dayswithnatjones.com/sp...orkout-review/

Blog Entries
    found some interesting things on the Paleo food plan.. doesn't look bad..thought i would share
    http://www.hollywoodbodyfitness.com/...reakfast-ideas

glad to see that you like it! and yes, you have to build up, just like anything else. they didn't build rome in a day!

and the paleo stuff, i try to eat like that all the time. i think like this, if i can hunt it or grow it, i should eat it! and another thing i say, if it has a face, eat it!

Blog Entries
    sounds like good healthy mottos to me!

Blog Entries
    food from today.
    meal 1 oatmeal with handful blueberries, walnuts,cinnamon
    meal2 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 eggwhites- grn pwder
    meal 3 tilipia with asparagus, 1/2 sweet potato.
    meal 4 small amount of turkey and cottage cheese-w/ cinnamon. will add one slice of high protein sprouted bread.

i really want to eat more though... glad i dont have any "binge " foods in the house

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    food from today.
    meal 1 oatmeal with handful blueberries, walnuts,cinnamon
    meal2 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 eggwhites- grn pwder
    meal 3 tilipia with asparagus, 1/2 sweet potato.
    meal 4 small amount of turkey and cottage cheese-w/ cinnamon. will add one slice of high protein sprouted bread.

i really want to eat more though... glad i dont have any "binge " foods in the house
    qk...you got this eating down. all very healthy choices! you are really putting the pressure on me. I had a crappy food day yesterday and now I am encouraged to get back on the train! thx!!

Blog Entries
    girlgymrat--- progress not perfection! sometimes a day of crappy food is good inspiration to get us back on track!
    Update.. so the little bit of the spartcus workout I did on friday really made an impact on my quads and glutes- I felt it yesterday! I did less than one circut and even felt it in the obliques-- so far knees are holding up.
    yesterday worked shoulders and arms at gym for an hour-- i found a cool new machine called rackmax ?? the bar was very heavy..but i mananged to do some curls and it keeps everything stable- it was fun but kinda pushed a bit.
    food:
    meal one : almonds, walnuts, blueberries, raspberries with almond milk-(the paleo plan) coffee - then the hour long workout
    post work out : protein pwder, with greenpwdr..glutamine (5gms,)spirliina, dribose, added powdered multivit- high in b's - and took an isocort (post work out for adrenal support)
    meal 3: turkey sandwich with mustard, lettuce tomato on mulitigrain bread and a cucomber
    meal 4: beans, rice- chicken taco with 2 corn tortillas- lots of fresh salsa and a few chips (not too many)
    meal 5: _snack.. some homemade flat bread with hummus-- not much bread.
    meal 6: cottage cheese - 2 fish oils.

still sore from the squats in the spartcus workout.. i think i may wait another day or two for another round.. and maybe do some light walking today-- !!

Blog Entries
    sunday's food
    meal one: oatmeal with blueberries raspberries, walnuts, protein pwder
    exercise: one circut of the spartcus
    post exercise: apple handful almonds, gren pwdr and spirilina
    meal 3: chicken, beets, steamed spinach, 1/3 sweet potato
    meal 4 _ still was full from meal 3... 4 oz salmon, asparagus
    meal 5- i hope i can make it ... cottage cheese and 2 fish oils.
    thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    and.....YOU WILL MAKE IT...Meal 5 above~
    I am impressed with your progress of EATING! This is fantastic. I bet you are feeling much better with yourself by doing this. Good choices too.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks Slim!
    yesterday was a good day-- had social acitivity- and fun!! body is holding up- yay!
    pretty good with food:
    1`oatmeal with blueberries, protein powder cinnamon
    2. chicken fish asparagus, beets
    3. chicken small bit of potato salad
    4. beans rice guacolmole..(bad spelling) a few chips, steak, some veggie soup
    5. small bit cottage cheese, cause i ran out-- and forgot the fish oils
    not bad for a HOLIDAY-- wow! it has been a while since i had a HOLIDAY - with dancing and other extra credit activities!
    needed to sleep in late-- body is needing a rest day!

^^^ YOU ARE TRANSFORMING. Plain and simple.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks for the encouragment! i dont know if the weight is going anywhere but i am glad to be more active!! only thing i wish i knew if it is from the gamma/ b12, isocort, eleuthero, or the proboost thymus (for immune support) cause all this stuff is costing me alot of $$ would like to streamline or get the insurance to cover the gamma at least,, cause it is 120 bucks a pop!!

meal oneatmeal with berries, protein powder, walnuts
    meal two: 1 egg, 3 whites
    meal three- pre workout.. protein pwder, grn pwdr, spiriluina, d-ribose, glutamine
    WORKOUT: back and abs for about 30 mins then walked for 20 kept heart rate under 110 as per the Cfids article that Sexy4mySweetheart - sent me (thanks again- that is great info to have!! and none of the dozen docs i have been too mentioned anything like it!! - it could be a big missing peace back to health!!)
    meal four- chicken pho .. with about 3/4 to 1 c rice noodlesmeal five- will be cottage cheese and 2 fish oils ( thank you gbrice!)
    wont make six meals today ..but passed up the frozen yogart place.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    also tried paleo diet...great concept but I need my protein shakes and have yet to find a tree they grew on...damn that would be sweet if I did, would save a fortune $$$

wow your eating GREAT lady!

Blog Entries
    sexy- is it too many calories to do the paleo some meals and protein shakes too? I know this is all a strange science.. i just keep mixing things up maybe that is why i'm not losing weight and the fact that TOM is getting ready for a visit- I use alot of protein powder too! i finally found a great price on the isopure - a months worth for 38 bucks..

Blog Entries
    meal one: 2egg whites, 2 eggs scrambled, avacado, oatmeal w/berries and protein pwder
    meal 2: shake : protein pwder, green pwder, d-ribose,spiriluna, glutamine
    meal 3: whole wheat pita, with grilled chicken a bit of lettuce and one slice tomato (wish it had more tomato)
    3 hours on the beach at least 2 walking and taking silly photos--
    meal 4: apple
    meal 5: 1/2 baby burrito=- i was famished from the beach and freezing-- (chicken, pinto beans, a bit of rice and cheese)
    meal 6: cottage cheese 2 fish oils.. i feel like this isn't enough food for the amount of activity I have been doing? I can't believe i managed 3 hours on the beach-- must have been the B12 shot-- need to practice pacing so i dont wear myself into a "flare"

Blog Entries
    Day- Thursday
    meal one: oatmeal with cinnamon, rasp &blueberries- protein pwder, 1 egg, 1 white
    meal two: PP & Grn Pwder, glutamine, spirilina, d-ribose
    meal three: chicken breast, steamed spinach, 1/4 sweet potatoe
    meal four: lean beef pho with rice noodles-- maybe i bit too many rice noodles.. and fresh veggies- I am getting addicted to PHO
    meal five: chocolate Protein powder, w/ ice and a scoop unsweetend choco pwdr- about 6ozs of almond milk-- (was craving frozen cho yogart- but smoothie instead..
    meal six - will be cottage cheese ( i dont know how much is it supposed to be 1/2 or 1 cup?) and fat free or low fat??? 2 fish oils.
    today- no exercise--except the exercise in patients.

YOU GOT THIS! ANd I am serious.....Good work and pacing is key. Consistent pacing......
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    YOU GOT THIS! ANd I am serious.....Good work and pacing is key. Consistent pacing......
    ^^^^^^^ YES! you got this girl and looking forward to hearing the positive news! hope you get everything squared away with figuring out which therapies are helping with your energy level. i would be willing to bet it is your body responding to all the activity.

Blog Entries
    thanks Slim except i messed up my pacing... and Cajun.. yes hope i get the therapys squared away before jan..when all the copays are higher!!

. i was bad today.. low energy and felt like sore throatish -- so i rested..(this is the second day) lots of vit c.. and the food.. well tomorrow is another day.
    meal one: oatmeal with blueberries- protein powder, cinnamon
    long nap and meditation
    meal two: bacon (cooked on george) 2 slices, 2eggs,2whites and 2 pcs ez toast, very lighht light mayo
    meal 3: was going for chicken pho--- and i caved in at the bakery-- 1 cupcake (sugar-free) 1 cupcake (not sugar free) it's that T.O.M coming to visit
    meal 4: chicken pho
    meal 5: i dont know cottagecheese and fish oil-- do i need the calories after the cupcakes-!! s____ i never eat 2 i usually only get 1 sugar free-- and it has been a few months!!! okay- at least i am being honest---
    here is hoping i can get back onto some light exercise tomorrow-- and the sore throat is gone
    the kicker is i know sugar is BAD for my immune system-- and so is beating myself up about it!!! so i got to let it go and start fresh-

DON'T LOOK BACK.....only forward.

We are not Robots...

and REST DAYS are just as important. I had one myself yesterday.

You are changing your life and this takes dedication which you have. So hug yourself for that~
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Thanks Slimmer! i needed to hear it! Hope you have a great weekend!

girl...keep up the good work...you have eaten well for the week! Great progress!!!

Blog Entries
    thanks GGR! encouargement is great espically since TOM is coming to visit- easy to get negative this time of the month and to give in to temptation whether it is bakery or road rage!! Not ROID rage -- although i wish! I really need to get my hair done- that seems to help give a feeling of TLC.

how do i see others food postings? i know how to find Slimmers but i want to also see what GGR and Sexy4 and Gbrice are up too..
    thanks

i just click on forums and then diet and then scroll down through the most recent posts!

TOM doesn't visit with me anymore, but hair, nails, pedicure make me feel good too....enjoy!!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Qk, don't even sweat it. I am allowing myself a full on cheat WEEKEND this weekend, and I will come back on Monday like an animal in the gym. Now, I of course never recommend this; I don't even recommend a cheat day. I am coming off 3 months of pretty hardcore dieting and am allowing a nice break and reward.

My point is we have to live our lives, but keep your mind thinking ahead of the game, i.e. what will you do TOMORROW to make this right?

Easy does it to this finish line.......
    That is how I am looking at this~ IT is the ONLY way I can look at this. NO other choice.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by girlgymrat View Post
    i just click on forums and then diet and then scroll down through the most recent posts!

TOM doesn't visit with me anymore, but hair, nails, pedicure make me feel good too....enjoy!!!
    Did do the hair yet...but will soon.. i don't usually get nails done but i like to get a good massage.. !!! TOM is a rollercoaster emo today

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Qk, don't even sweat it. I am allowing myself a full on cheat WEEKEND this weekend, and I will come back on Monday like an animal in the gym. Now, I of course never recommend this; I don't even recommend a cheat day. I am coming off 3 months of pretty hardcore dieting and am allowing a nice break and reward.

My point is we have to live our lives, but keep your mind thinking ahead of the game, i.e. what will you do TOMORROW to make this right?
    WOW GB.. i really need to read this---- did some old habit today- that has nothing to do with the gym.. will make it right soon!

Easy does it to this finish line.......
    That is how I am looking at this~ IT is the ONLY way I can look at this. NO other choice.
    easy does it.. I think i am wondering if there is a finish line-- it seems the road around (or over ) the mountain just keeps stretching, twistin and a turnin... with the blurry haze of the sunest only to catch the sunrise on the other side--- go as easy as we can we must.. but not too easy.

SAT
    MEAL one oatmeal, blueberries protein pwdr- coffee
    meal two: chicken breast, with 1 slice bacon, with avacodo on whole wheat with tomatoe lettuce.
    meal three: apple (pre work out)
    workout: light shoulders 25 mins
    post work out: protein shake, grn pwdr, glutamine- multi vit
    meal four : not good i am on a not wanting to eat=-- but had a few slices of turkey
    meal five: protein pwder and water.

glad i posted-

Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    glad i posted-
    Keeps us all on track.....
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Keeps us all on track.....
    not me sista!!! the bronco is a buckin at least we are not alone at this rodeo! hang on!

Blog Entries
    sunday
    1. oatmeal with blueberries protein pwdr
    2. protein pwder, gren pwder, vitmain pwdr, glutamine
    3. small piece of salmon, asparagus, small bit of sweet potato
    4. cheeseburger with lots of tomato,onion and grease
    5. cottage cheese fish oil

Grease......LOL! at least you admit it....what about the bun? that too? or not...either way I bet tasted REAL good!
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    oh- i left out the bun.. of course but no mayo- i really went for the company-- sometimes socializing is more or just as important as food. - i guess good company is like another type of meal so to speak.

Blog Entries
    Monday food- if i remember
    1.oatmeal with walnuts blueberries protein powder
    2. 1 piece bacon 1/2 chicken breast, steamed spinach
    3. fish pho
    4.. some sardines.. out of cottage cheese.

tues:
    1.oatmeal with walnuts blueberries protein powder
    2. almonds
    3 turkey, lettuce tomato, 1/2 piece wheat bread
    4 almonds (handful)
    5. 2 sushi rollls one with salmon one with eel
    6 will be cottage cheese and 2 fish oils.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sardines a substitute for cottage cheese? Interesting!!

btw - sardines are EXCELLENT for you, eat up. Careful though - I see alot of fat in your diet - sardines, walnuts, almonds, more almonds, salmon sushi, fish oils, and bacon - GASP!!! Just remember, fats add up FAST. Be mindful, they are the ones that will screw you royally more than the other 2 macros simply because they're more than twice as calorie dense and generally very easy to overeat.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information